Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2019, 14:42   #2716
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
Hi, I have just purchased the Blueskysea b1w cam but the micro sd card is not capturing video. The micro Sd card is san disk with 64bg grade 10 and formatted in the laptop in FAT32. Am I missing something?
Yes after formatting in the app it works!! Thanks
One thing I noticed that videos captured in the app cant be seen in landscape mode after downloading in local video folder. Is there any way to see it in landscape?
Old 8th August 2019, 15:32   #2717
BHPian

I recently started using my old Noise Play Action camera, with a car inside mount as a DashCam. Excellent camera and does the job. As it is battery operated, can even keep it on in parking mode (stays awake for 60-90 minutes). I had paid about 3K for it plus the car mount (400 on flipkart). If it is hot outside and you worried to damage the camera, it is easy to just remove and keep it in the armrest/ some other cooler place. You can even carry it in a jiffy to record outside stuff. I will post some videos later from my recent drive. The downside is it does tend to not show car number plates at night - but still decent. I use it in 720P Setting
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 17:51   #2718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
Thanks for the comparison.

My car is having sunfilm on the windshield, so if I use the adhesive mount of A119 v3, will it cause any issues if I try to remove the cam? Any idea?

Also, which is the best website to purchase the A119 v3? Any advantages in buying from Viofo website or Amazon US?
Hi BigBrad,

My car also has a sun film on the front windshield and I have removed the camera several times without any issues.

I have got 3 Viofo A119S from AliExpress, do check out rates during their sales as the prices come down.
yogiii is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2019, 12:47   #2719

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrad View Post
Thanks for the comparison.

My car is having sunfilm on the windshield, so if I use the adhesive mount of A119 v3, will it cause any issues if I try to remove the cam? Any idea?

Also, which is the best website to purchase the A119 v3? Any advantages in buying from Viofo website or Amazon US?
As long as the sunfilm's adhesive is strong and intact,you shouldnt worry.For purchasing look for best possible deal on multiple websites like Aliexpress,Banggood,Alibaba or Amazon.As long as you do a secure transaction on a trusted website buying from a good rated seller you dont have to worry.

Also try to talk to seller to mention it as gift and possibly mark lower prices to avoid paying customs.
Ronak_7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2019, 13:53   #2720
BHPian

Polo GT TSI fuse connections help wanted: Could anyone here be kind enough to let me know which fuses to pull and plug in the VCC and ACC cables of the camera? I have run the wire down to the fusebox as you can see in Picture 1. The kit came with 3 sets of fuse plugs for 3 different sizes of fuse socket. I have not crimped them to the wires yet until I know which fuses to tap in to.

Earth cable: There are two screws in the fusebox which could be used to connect the earth C-connector. However I do not think they are connected to the metal body of the car. Is it recommended to backtrack the ground wire to some location under the side trim and paste it to the metal body? See Picture 2.

PS: The camera in question is DDPAI Mini 3
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-2320ad700c57471d995d1437cd403bd8.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_8302.jpg  

Old 11th August 2019, 16:35   #2721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith2524 View Post
Could anyone here be kind enough to let me know which fuses to pull and plug in the VCC and ACC cables of the camera?
Earth cable:
Hi,
You may connect positive to the following
Fuse 42 on fuse holder B -SB42-20 A-Cigarette lighter -U1-
Official earth point is near steering wheel, you can access that by removing plastic cover near instrument cluster.
Regards.

Last edited by antardaksh : 11th August 2019 at 16:43.
antardaksh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2019, 21:27   #2722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,
You may connect positive to the following
Fuse 42 on fuse holder B -SB42-20 A-Cigarette lighter -U1-
Official earth point is near steering wheel, you can access that by removing plastic cover near instrument cluster.
Regards.

Thanks a lot. Your response is much appreciated. However I need two connections. One fuse should be on a utility that turns on with ignition (Fuse 42 like you have mentioned above) and the second one that is always on (For parking mode of the dash camera to work).

Regarding the steering wheel earth point if possible please let me know which panel to remove with a pic if possible.
Old 12th August 2019, 14:05   #2723
Senior - BHPian

I have had a Dashcam on my Ignis for quite sometime. This is they Aukey DR-01 model and it has been working like a charm. I recently got another Dashcam for my Honda City and finding it hard to find a good spot to position the Dashcam.

Given that it is a sedan the front windshield angle/slant is more as compared to the Ignis and I seem to see a lot of unwanted reflections in many positions. And if I get rid of the reflection the Wiper seems to show up in the bottom. Other than this, the area behind the IRVM has some black coating which means the cam has to be mounted lower.

Do people any recommendations on how to overcome these issues when fitting a Dashcam in a Sedan like the the Honda City?
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 14:21   #2724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
I purchased a Xiaomi 70MAIPro during the 11/11 sale. I am using it in my Grand Vitara suv.
Guys,

I recently purchased a 70Mai. I installed the device on my windscreen as per instructions, but the electrostatic tape immediately fell off as soon as I started driving. What am I doing wrong???
Old 13th August 2019, 08:47   #2725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Guys,

I recently purchased a 70Mai. I installed the device on my windscreen as per instructions, but the electrostatic tape immediately fell off as soon as I started driving. What am I doing wrong???
Methinks you need to clean the glass with IsoPropyl Alcohol first.
As I take my car on rough tracks and offroads I played safe and stuck the GPS module on the glass directly using some additional Fevikwik for peace of mind.

Last edited by sridhar-v : 13th August 2019 at 09:04.
sridhar-v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2019, 15:44   #2726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Guys,

I also had the same issue with the additional tape provided in tbe box. It just didn't wanted to stay there. Left with no other option, i have stuck the GPS module directly onto the windshield and it has been able to hold on to the device without any issues.
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2019, 16:35   #2727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith2524 View Post
However I need two connections.

Regarding the steering wheel earth point if possible please let me know which panel to remove with a pic if possible.
Hi,
Please check here for location of earth point
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4382365 (Volkswagen Vento - User Discovered Features and Quirks)

For constant + you may use 44 in fusebox.
Regards.
antardaksh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 09:18   #2728
Senior - BHPian

Please don't use super glue on the windshield. You can never get it back to the original finish, spotless. I would suggest 'Command Strips' (which Im using) or tough velcro from 3M (Small squares). These never come off and you can take the gadget off and 're-stick' dozens of times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
I played safe and stuck the GPS module on the glass directly using some additional Fevikwik for peace of mind.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2019, 14:38   #2729
SS4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Do people any recommendations on how to overcome these issues when fitting a Dashcam in a Sedan like the the Honda City?
Hey there, I use a VIOFO A119S v2 on my Honda City as the camera's design goes with the slant angle of the windshield.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-ref1.jpg

I've mounted it behind the IRVM, and it has a polarizing lens filter which filters out the reflections and glare. From the driver's point of view:

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-ref2.jpg

How it looks from outside:

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-ref3.jpg

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Other than this, the area behind the IRVM has some black coating which means the cam has to be mounted lower
Only the VX trim had the ceramic coating on the area behind the IRVM (Mine is a 2014 V-MT i-DTEC as well). Did you get the black coating done additionally?
SS4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2019, 18:07   #2730

hey guys. any suggestions for a good dashcam for the innova crysta?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks