Team-BHP > Under the Hood > In-Car Entertainment

Old 7th September 2019, 18:12   #2761
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshays View Post
To each his own, but I still don’t get why anyone would want to invest in a hardware?
Can you share a picture of your setup? The major issue with using the phone as a dashcam is the heat from sunlight (others being the software and space). Does your phone not get hot in the daytime?

Last edited by samaspire : 7th September 2019 at 18:14.
samaspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2019, 15:07   #2762
BHPian

Hello Guys,
Looking for recommendation for a dash cam for my Hyundai Creta in the 4-5k Range.
Not looking for anything expensive, just a cam with reasonably good quality video and low light performance, preferably with a build in screen and playback when needed.
Would not want to buy from AliExpress or similar as I need it in a few days time.

Thanks in Advance!
ishan12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2019, 20:40   #2763
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
Hello Guys,
Looking for recommendation for a dash cam ... in the 4-5k Range.
Not looking for anything expensive, just a cam with reasonably good quality video and low light performance, preferably with a build in screen and playback when needed.
Would not want to buy from AliExpress or similar as I need it in a few days time.
Amazon.in has the 70mai at Rs.4240 (https://www.amazon.in/70mai-VoiceCon.../dp/B07HN3TVJR). Rated to be one of the best low-price dashcams on the market. You can probably get it on AliExpress for Rs.2500 to Rs.2700, but the wait would be for 3-4 weeks.
SS-Traveller is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2019, 11:47   #2764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Amazon.in has the 70mai at Rs.4240 (https://www.amazon.in/70mai-VoiceCon.../dp/B07HN3TVJR). Rated to be one of the best low-price dashcams on the market. You can probably get it on AliExpress for Rs.2500 to Rs.2700, but the wait would be for 3-4 weeks.

Thanks for the suggestion!
I am now confused between 70mai Xiaomi and Blueskysea B1W, both in the similar price range. Any idea which one is better? Going to order one of them by tomorrow.
ishan12 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2019, 22:24   #2765
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am now confused between 70mai Xiaomi and Blueskysea B1W, both in the similar price range. Any idea which one is better? Going to order one of them by tomorrow.
Never seen reviews of, or used, the B1W, but I have 2 units of the 70mai since over a year, and both are working well. Reviews also indicate that these are built to last.
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2019, 06:15   #2766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
I have ordered viofo 129 duo IR from AliExpress on 26th. There is sale going on and I think I got good discounts. 182.62$ for dashcam + all accessories + 128GB viofo memory card. Let's see how much time it takes to arrive.
The dashcam was delivered yesterday. Pretty quick I think. The seller has declared the value to be 25$ himself. And I somehow got lucky with zero import duty. Will test the dashcam over the weekend.
ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2019, 08:25   #2767

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Reviews also indicate that these are built to last.
Dear Sir,

I have seen reviews in Amazon.in and it says for 1 sec it needs 90-100 Mb. So far 64 GB memory card it will save approx. 10 minutes video.

As this comes with loop cycle recording, so at the end of the day I will have only last 10 minutes video.

confirm my understanding is correct or not?
Sukanta73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2019, 09:11   #2768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
I have seen reviews in Amazon.in and it says for 1 sec it needs 90-100 Mb.
please confirm my understanding is correct or not?
Please refer to this post:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post4374685 (The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread)
binand is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2019, 12:20   #2769
BHPian

Quote:
I have the b1w camera since past 9 months and its working well. I was in the same confusion when buying and went for B1W only becasue it does not have a battery and is very discreet and i was kinda apprehensive of batteries and the heat in delhi as cheap batteries don't take too kindly to excess heat. I believe the 70mai has a slightly better camera quality ( but same cam sensor in both) though was lil more expensive then. You can search previous posts here and you will find a sample video from B1W as well.

Last edited by Mr. Nobody : 12th September 2019 at 12:24.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote