Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2020, 16:55   #3136
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny121 View Post
Friends, my Safe cams Model SC01 has arrived
Congrats Danny! Looks good.
As seen in your shared picture, the charging cable for dash cam is a direct 12V one. Can it also be charged via a USB?
I am asking since Linea has only 1 12V socket. I won't be able to use that if I will plug dash cam onto it.
Old 26th August 2020, 17:10   #3137
BHPian

Quote:
Friends, my Safe cams Model SC01 has arrived
Hi Danny, congratulations on your purchase.
Since you have invested some time in deciding the dashcam purchase, how would you compare this camera against 70mai 1s and blueskysea b1w?
Also, when I click on buy from Amazon hyperlink on the safecams website for your model, it takes me to a different product in the Amazon app.
Old 26th August 2020, 19:43   #3138
BANNED

Quote:
Friends, my Safe cams Model SC01 has arrived..
Isn't the SC01 a dual channel dashcam? Can you post a picture of both the camera units?

Please upload a video on YouTube and paste the link here so the quality of the recording can be seen by all who have been sitting on the fence since long. Thanks in advance.
Old 26th August 2020, 21:44   #3139
BHPian

Dear folks using the 70mai Pro.
I have been having a problem with the GPS unit which is a very hit and miss kind of data recording. Has anyone experienced this. To get it working, I need to restart the camera or remove from the base and reattach. Attaching the picture for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-0de9ff20101745e3947ef0a47e9573a2.jpeg  

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 26th August 2020 at 21:49.
Old 27th August 2020, 13:24   #3140
BANNED

Quote:
SC01 is with front and rear (without screen) and SC02 comes with the screen.
Video quality is pretty good, thank you for uploading.

What is the application name used to access the photos/live feed etc from the Dashcam? Is it available on Google Play Store?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 16:30   #3141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes Friend, you can still use the usb or you need to buy a third party dual 12v splitter available in all leading sites. However, I would advise you to post or call the company directly and they are pretty fast in addressing all your queries. In fact I was surprised to receive a call from the CEO enquiring about the product and support services. Though a start-up, these interactions will give both of us confidence about the product and services expected of them.
Good review Danny. Perhaps I would have gone for this model, had your review been out earlier. This model seems to have better features (GPS related) than 70mai. How much did you end up paying for the SC01? It would be okay to share the cost for the benefit of everyone.
pjbiju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2020, 20:55   #3142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
I mounted the 70mai Dash Cam Pro today in my Swift. I did not want to stick the camera directly to the windscreen and wanted to be able to remove it if parking too long in the sun (because of the built-in battery). Also wanted to see if mounting the camera away from the windscreen will reduce the shadow cast by the dashboard. So here is what I did.

I had bought the dash cam from https://70mai.in/product/70mai-pro-dashcam/
This is such a brilliant idea Biju.
Initially when installing the 70 Mai Pro I was very apprehensive with the fixed mount.I have been using the brilliant one on the Transcend Drivepro 220 in use since 2016.
Though mine is now directly mounted on screen , its quite easy to pop it out when not in use and keep in the glove box.
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 00:42   #3143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
I did not want to stick the camera directly to the windscreen and wanted to be able to remove it if parking too long in the sun (because of the built-in battery).
You can anyway remove the Cam from it's bracket right? The bracket (or mount) can stay on the windshield since it doesn't have any battery so there is no risk in leaving it there permanently. I usually remove the cam from the bracket when I give the vehicle for service. I am referring to my 70Mai Pro without the GPS module, I am not sure if it's any different for the one with the GPS module.
Old 3rd September 2020, 17:37   #3144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
You can anyway remove the Cam from it's bracket right? The bracket (or mount) can stay on the windshield since it doesn't have any battery so there is no risk in leaving it there permanently. I usually remove the cam from the bracket when I give the vehicle for service. I am referring to my 70Mai Pro without the GPS module, I am not sure if it's any different for the one with the GPS module.
Yes. The cam can be removed from the GPS module or the mounting pad. However it is not that easy since they are a tight fit. Another thing is if your windscreen is curved (like in most cases), the mounting pad is not likely to get stuck without any air-gaps. If you do manage to stick it without any air gaps because of the holding power of the glue, the GPS module/mounting pad could be a little bit curved, taking on the shape of the windscreen. I am not sure if that is a cause for some of the folks complaining that their cam does not detect the GPS module - may be because of the curvature all the pins are not touching properly?

Last edited by pjbiju : 3rd September 2020 at 17:38.
pjbiju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2020, 09:44   #3145
Senior - BHPian

I have been thinking of removing the Dashcam fitted on the IRVM and buying another independent dash cam for my car. The accessory shop guy to whom I was discussing today have below Dashcam.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img20200903wa0012.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img20200903wa0018.jpg

The shop quoting me Rs.4900. I have not given any reply as I need to exchange the existing Dashcam fixed on the IRVM which also from the same company/brand.

(Frankly speaking, am not much preferring to buy a Chinese product, however, if the shop willing to take back my old Dashcam then will go for this.)

They have got JVC brand also but they are just ordinary and no Wifi feature.

Any opinion/suggestions please?
Old 5th September 2020, 13:31   #3146
BHPian

I am looking forward to purchase a dashcam for my Ford Freestyle. On budget, which dashcams can capture the registration number of cars at night?
Old 5th September 2020, 14:29   #3147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraj.515 View Post
On budget, which dashcams can capture the registration number of cars at night?
None. Even the expensive ones can't do it all the all the time. Many factors - light level, distance, your speed, other car's speed, angle of capture, degree of motion blur, lens and sensor capability etc.

Don't get too hung up on capturing every plate you pass, unless you're willing to install multiple cameras. And then too it's not guaranteed.

You can read out the plate and the camera's microphone will record the audio. Files can be locked by pressing a button, some also come with a wireless button that can be stuck in close proximity to the steering wheel.
harsh79 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th September 2020, 16:07   #3148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsh79 View Post
You can read out the plate and the camera's microphone will record the audio.
+1

My SOP. I read out the registration number and describe the vehicle that needs attention.
silversteed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 23:05   #3149
BHPian

Dear All, sorry if this question has already been answered.

How does dashcam help in preventing a car theft? I mean how would I access the footage if my phone is not within the wifi range of dashcam? Does it give some alert on app if it detects any motion in the car?
Old 14th September 2020, 23:36   #3150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakdograbhp View Post
Dear All, sorry if this question has already been answered.

How does dashcam help in preventing a car theft? I mean how would I access the footage if my phone is not within the wifi range of dashcam? Does it give some alert on app if it detects any motion in the car?
The normal dashcams discussed widely in this thread will give u access to the footage while connected to the wifi network range only which will not help in case of theft.
Kent came up with a dashcam which uploads realtime feed onto cloud and owner can access the feed from their phone/laptops.

Link- https://www.cameye.com/

Hope it helps..!!
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks