Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2020, 01:55   #3316
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
AliExpress deliveries are working just fine. I had ordered led strip lights with wifi and music beat etc just a few days prior to the ban. It reached me via india post about two weeks back.
Are you using VPN to bypass the ISP level ban. Can you elaborate, if your order was placed before the ban came into place or afterwards.
Old 25th December 2020, 14:40   #3317
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainali View Post
Are you using VPN to bypass the ISP level ban.
Doesn't look to me as if there is such a ban. I can reach AliExpress from my PC browser.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 20:42   #3318
BHPian

I had purchased a DDPAI A2 car dash camera, which does not have any display and needs the usage of the DDPAI app for changes to the settings and stuff. I just got notified that the app uses a malware. Is this something to be concerned with? I have initiated a return as the quality of the videos recorded was very poor and this malware was also a concern! Attaching a screenshot for your reference.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screenshot_20201225194006_malwarebytes.jpg
esoticoreventon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2020, 22:28   #3319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
I had purchased a DDPAI A2 car dash camera, which does not have any display and needs the usage of the DDPAI app for changes to the settings and stuff. I just got notified that the app uses a malware.
OT:
Curious,Which app/antivirus highlighted this malware?

Last edited by SideView : 25th December 2020 at 22:30.
Old 25th December 2020, 23:12   #3320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
OT:
Curious,Which app/antivirus highlighted this malware?
It's an app called Malwarebytes. I also use Avast antivirus, but this app is great to identify malware specifically.
esoticoreventon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 03:37   #3321
BHPian

Planning to hardwire a dashcam soon and wish to know the below information to complete the research.

★ My query is particularly targeted to the ones who have hardwired the dashcam by tapping the continuous-current fuse for parking mode monitoring (i.e.24/7 Power On) ★

- Any adverse effects on the battery after 3/6/12 months?
- Any observation with regards to overheating of capacitor/dashcam?
- Any observation with regards to performance of dashcam after 6/12 months as I doubt the quality of components of Chinese dashcams (Unfortunately, >80% of the dashcams are Chinese these days).
- Is there a dashcam which goes into the sleep mode and wakes up in case of an impact and records the scene when in parking mode? - This would ideally draw less power from battery?!
Old 28th December 2020, 08:28   #3322
Team-BHP Support

I recently purchased dashcam 70mai pro plus A500. The quality of video is topnotch, far higher resolution than my monitor can handle.

Samurai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 10:12   #3323

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunnabhaiMBBS View Post
Planning to hardwire a dashcam soon and wish to know the below information to complete the research.

★ My query is particularly targeted to the ones who have hardwired the dashcam by tapping the continuous-current fuse for parking mode monitoring (i.e.24/7 Power On) ★

- Any observation with regards to performance of dashcam after 6/12 months as I doubt the quality of components of Chinese dashcams (Unfortunately, >80% of the dashcams are Chinese these days).
- Is there a dashcam which goes into the sleep mode and wakes up in case of an impact and records the scene when in parking mode? - This would ideally draw less power from battery?!
Valid questions that i was thinking to ask here. I am also planning to do hardwire for 70mai pro
Old 28th December 2020, 21:07   #3324
BHPian

Need suggestions on dual-channel dashcam setup.

For the front view, I've set my mind on DDPAI N3. What are my options for the secondary camera? I wish to get cabin view from the secondary camera setup.
Old 28th December 2020, 21:51   #3325
BHPian

Quote:
I have been using a hardwired 700mai for the last 1.5 yrs approx and the dashcam lights up (i.e. starts recording) in the parking mode under appropriate stimulus. I have not seen any degradation of battery so far.

Quote:
Under the sun, the dashcam heats up, but thats all.

Quote:
No performance degradation so far. The quality of the video is top notch as is the build quality of the dashcam.

Quote:
700mai does this.

Hope I have been able to answer your queries.
Do DM me if you want to know anything else.
ayankm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 13:11   #3326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I recently purchased dashcam 70mai pro plus A500. The quality of video is topnotch, far higher resolution than my monitor can handle.
Hi Samurai,

I also bought 70mai pro plus. Please let me know how to download the video from Phone app. From the phone app, I have option to upload (publish) to Dropbox, Google drive, etc but I cannot see an option to download directly to phone.

Did you reduce the video recording quality or you set it to highest setting? I find night recording is not good. I mean, I find the video playback is not smooth for videos recorded at night. It looks like the device is overloaded (slow device). By the way, the memory card on the device is Sandisk 128GB Endurance.

Last edited by amvj : 1st January 2021 at 13:12. Reason: Added memory card details.
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 13:25   #3327
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
I also bought 70mai pro plus. Please let me know how to download the video from Phone app.
Oh, I just take out the microSD card and read it from my PC's reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Did you reduce the video recording quality or you set it to highest setting? I find night recording is not good. I mean, I find the video playback is not smooth for videos recorded at night. It looks like the device is overloaded (slow device). By the way, the memory card on the device is Sandisk 128GB Endurance.
I use Samsung EVO Plus 128GB microSDXC UHS-I U3 100MB/s card. I didn't see any issue with night recording.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 14:08   #3328
BHPian

Hope the memory card is not an issue. This is the one I have. I am not able to see full specs of this card. Hope this is sufficient for the cam.

https://www.amazon.in/SanDisk-Endura...googinhydr1-21

Also, I will record new video taken during low light and I will check like you have mentioned.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-sandisk.jpg  

Old 1st January 2021, 14:41   #3329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyascashyap View Post
Got a 70mai A800 dual dash cam with hard wiring kit. The whole set cost me 14k INR (had to source the wiring kit from a 2nd seller, got the dual cams from another seller)
Have heard good reviews about this. Will get it installed and post reviews here.

What SD cards are people generally using with dash cams? Looking for good recommendations for something that will last.
Planning to buy this for my XC60, costing 16.5k with the hard wiring kit.

Was looking for a 4k dash cam and had narrowed down to 70mai a800 and ddpai X2S pro. The latter has to necessarily be hardwired so dropped it as getting to the fusebox in the new Volvos is a bit tricky.

Anyway, would love to hear your experience with the a800 so far.
Old 1st January 2021, 15:54   #3330

Are there any dashcams which don't require hard wiring for recording while in parked mode?
arpit90 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks