Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2021, 21:09   #3466
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajishanand View Post
1. There's no button to mute audio recording. You'll have to go to the settings to turn it on or off.
I'm using 70mai A500s and it has a mute button. I see the mute button on their webpage as well (screenshot below).

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screenshot-20210714-8.57.00-pm.png

I'd recommend purchasing A500s (Pro Plus+) instead of A500 (Pro) in case you'd like to add a rear camera later. I purchased the A500s from nexdigitron without the rear camera. There was no direct option, I had to contact customer care and they shipped me the dashcam without the rear camera module. The cost was the same as A500.
robincsamuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 22:06   #3467
BHPian

1) which one should I buy- Viofo A129 Pro Duo or DDPAI Z40 dual channel?

DDPAI Z40 is about to make debut. Viofo A129 pro Duo is available in India through their website for 24k (too expensive). I have no fascination for 4k. It should be durable in the hot weather in Delhi NCR.

2) Does the Nexdigitron portal provide any support for the hardwiring part? I am not very conversant with the fusebox things, selection of fuse, removing and inserting properly etc.

Do they have any representative in Delhi NCR (preferably in Gurgaon)? Or any good car electrician who can do this job (obviously with fees) for me? Mine is Swift 2016 model.

Nowadays I am not good in doing all these installation, electrical works (though I used to do lots of critical electronics things at workplace earlier!). [Tried to open the dashboard sections once, to clean the AC vents. Couldn't do anything except leaving some deep ugly scratches on the dash! Hopeless me!]
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 00:55   #3468
Kln
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Thank you for reply sir. One doubt, did you mean 70mai A500 Pro Plus or maybe even 70mai A500S Pro Plus+?

As far as I know (very limited knowledge on dashcams though) the only DDPAI dual dashcam "ddpai x2s pro dual channel" is not being sold anymore.
That's a typo on my part, it should be the 70mai a500s pro plus. Thanks for pointing it out.
Kln is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 13:48   #3469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
1) which one should I buy- Viofo A129 Pro Duo or DDPAI Z40 dual channel?

2) Does the Nexdigitron portal provide any support for the hardwiring part? I am not very conversant with the fusebox things, selection of fuse, removing and inserting properly etc.

Do they have any representative in Delhi NCR (preferably in Gurgaon)]
Update: Today the DDPAI Z40 was launched. And it is available for pre-order. Called us the customer service number for technical, available in the Nexdigitron website. He assured me that once I receive the unit I need to visit Lajpat Nagar. There is a representative/ agency who can do the hardwiring part.

Along with the Z40 Dual channel, I have ordered Strontium Endurance 128 GB SD card and the hardwiring kit as well. Payment method was through Paytm (wallet balance, UPI, credit/debit card, NetBanking all methods and combinations are available). I had a small amount in wallet balance, and rest was paid through credit card.

Total invoice value Rs. 12,947/-.

COD was also available for Gurgaon.

Now I am waiting for the unit. Shipment will start from 25th July, as per the website. Will update with feedback.

Last edited by RijuC : 15th July 2021 at 13:50.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 13:46   #3470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Hi Dharmen, did you went through SafeCams website? Please check. There are lots of connectivity options.
https://www.safecams.in/
Akshay connected and installation has been done now, they asked to contact their installers in Vashi, Navi Mumbai. They charged 600/- to install. Done yesterday only. Thanks a lot.
Dharmen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 15:48   #3471
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning to buy a dashcam for my upcoming Harrier and need advice from forum members.

Options I am considering are:
a.) Transcend Drivepro 250
b.) Viofo A129
c.) Blaupunkt BP 4.0 FHD DVR (Tata in house accessory shop)

Can you please help with my following queries-

a.) Which one should I go for out of above? I am personally inclined towards Drivepro250 but reading good reviews even about Viofo A129. No reviews about Blaupunkt yet anywhere.

b.) Is it possible to install rear dashcam in Harrier without much fuss? I am particular about minimum alterations to factory fit. Do not want to temper lining. Have not seen any Youtube video or thread on Team Bhp or user account on rear dashcam on Harrier.

c.) Any other dashcam brands would be appreciated as well. Open to spend for the right quality, reliability and longevity of product and good warranty and product support. Do not appreciate imported/aliexpress types of products.

Please suggest.
steadfast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 12:55   #3472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadfast View Post
Hi,

I am planning to buy a dashcam for my upcoming Harrier and need advice from forum members.

Options I am considering are:
a.) Transcend Drivepro 250
b.) Viofo A129
c.) Blaupunkt BP 4.0 FHD DVR (Tata in house accessory shop)
I recently purchased and got installed SafeCam Y3S model. This is Pune based company and claimed to be Made In India and little high on price @13,500 + 600 (paid for installation). Hardwire kit is included. They have identified installers who does pretty neat job. Car model should not be an issue, I did for my Tucson. Hope this information helps. thanks.
Dharmen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 14:51   #3473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharmen View Post
I recently purchased and got installed SafeCam Y3S model. This is Pune based company and claimed to be Made In India and little high on price @13,500 + 600 (paid for installation). Hardwire kit is included. They have identified installers who does pretty neat job. Car model should not be an issue, I did for my Tucson. Hope this information helps. thanks.
Thanks for info. Is the non hardwire kit a part of the packaging too because I do not want to have any concerns with warranty in future ?
steadfast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 19:59   #3474
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for info. Is the non hardwire kit a part of the packaging too because I do not want to have any concerns with warranty in future ?
If the power is drawn from the fuse box, no impact on warranty.
Dharmen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 10:51   #3475
BHPian

Quote:
I recently purchased and got installed SafeCam Y3S model
Quote:
Attaching a few clicks to let you know how it looks like after installations. Hope this is helpful. The rear camera cable is completely concealed. The camera is also very small in size and it looks decent. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-a144bba714c14562b3ac0b29a544a53f.jpeg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-d69293409d744a02990e71bf9c112a0d.jpeg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-ae5753d7a05c4b8ca8753574113d26c9.jpeg  

Dharmen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 12:51   #3476
BHPian

Quote:
Attaching a few clicks to let you know how it looks like after installations. Hope this is helpful. The rear camera cable is completely concealed. The camera is also very small in size and it looks decent. Thanks.
Looks good . Thanks. Will reach out to SafeCams.
Old 20th July 2021, 12:54   #3477
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Dharmen for sharing these. A few questions:

1. How is the video quality? Would be great if you can share some real-world footage.

2. Can you see the number plates of vehicles etc. (especially from the rear camera)? Is glare a problem?

3. Can the hardwiring done as DIY? Or professionals are required?

4. The material seems to be some form of cheap plastic - would it stand the heat of Indian weather? How does it feel in person?
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 13:55   #3478
BHPian

Hello everyone, I am looking for a dash cam for my Porsche macan 2020, could not find much details online except Blackvue, any options or any shops who are capable of handling hardwiring of such cars?
Old 20th July 2021, 17:00   #3479
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I feel a dashcam is very essential today and hence my better half gifted me the Blueskysea dashcam. Have been using it from 4-5 months now.

Any other users here? Any tips or issues you have to share?
ronford is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 17:17   #3480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronford View Post
Hello everyone,

I feel a dashcam is very essential today and hence my better half gifted me the Blueskysea dashcam. Have been using it from 4-5 months now.

Any other users here? Any tips or issues you have to share?
Just use the search thread function. There are three pages worth of search results that I can see where members have mentioned this brand.

Why don't you go ahead and add your experience/tips too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks