Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2021, 18:56   #3496
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_tjet View Post
Hi Dharmen, did you went through SafeCams website? Please check. There are lots of connectivity options.
https://www.safecams.in/

Y3S model is basically for offline sellers. I get in touch with company representative directly before getting their product. They have official sellers for various cities.

I connected with Akshay(wats app- +91 86001 47788) from SafeCams for all my queries. Hope it helps.
Hi Abhi,

With your reference I got in touch with SafeCams, Kharadi, Pune and closed in on the Y2 model (Front only). Sky Car accessories near Amanora was the installation point. Even after multiple co-ordination calls the unit was fitted to an emergency customer! But they ordered the next piece in front of me from the distributor. The Dunzo guy delivered it in 30 minutes. Installation took another 30-45 minutes.

By the time I was leaving the store this Akshay guy came on his scooter to meet me, I was surprised! He personally apologized for the delay and explained me the Mobile app and settings himself, super like

I need a highway drive to adjust the field of view, somehow I felt, if I kept it (the cam) straight, then a lot more of the left side of the road was coming, which is nothing but the shops and footpath in a city environment!

Cheers,
surjaonwheelz

Last edited by surjaonwheelz : 26th July 2021 at 18:57.
surjaonwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 20:50   #3497
BHPian

I have uploaded few videos in youtube, actually it becomes my YouTube channel!!

I am feeling super-excited like a school kid in this mid-40's!

Here is the link:
https://youtube.com/channel/UCQTKWYVWT2WF9v7mY4OnP4w

I am also attaching few photographs of unboxed ddpai z40 dash cam package received from Nexdigitron, and some auto captured images today. Hope these help for comparison and buying decision. I am sorry I couldn't upload the video clips in a proper way into gdrive.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_20210723_131559270.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-g_20210726174700_011_0005_l.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-u_20210726082038_012_0005_l.jpg  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-u_20210726174700_011_0005_l.jpg  

Last edited by RijuC : 26th July 2021 at 20:53.
RijuC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 01:29   #3498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
I have uploaded few videos in Youtube...Hope these help for comparison and buying decision. I am sorry I couldn't upload the video clips in a proper way into gdrive.
Thank you for the uploads sir. From my very limited experience of dash cams, I am not able to notice anything unusual about the footage you have posted with respect to quality.

In one of your earlier posts you had mentioned about not being able to read number plates. Did you mean the number of passing vehicles?

If so, I am not sure if dashcams in this range (or higher) would be able to do that. In this dashcam comparo below you can see how even the Viofo A129 Pro struggles to capture the number plate of passing vehicles.

P.S. This video actually made me realise how good the A119V3 is. Unfortunately, it's out of my budget at it's current price.
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 09:08   #3499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Thank you for the uploads sir. From my very limited experience of dash cams, I am not able to notice anything unusual
In one of your earlier posts you had mentioned about not being able to read number plates. Did you mean the number of passing vehicles?

If so, I am not sure if dashcams in this range (or higher) would be able to do that.
True. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the camera. I could read few number plates. Even the best dash cam like Thinkware and Blackvue cannot read all the number plates. It depends on lot many things.

Quote:
I have uploaded few videos in Youtube, actually it becomes my YouTube channel!!
Good to see you dash cam in action. Please post more videos including from rear cam.
Your video and installation are great and nothing to worry about. Don’t expect too much on firmware update.

For everyone I can say that between 70mai and DDpai, the later is better.

Last edited by Wanderers : 27th July 2021 at 09:09.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 09:22   #3500
BHPian

Thank you JithinR and Wanderers for your encouraging words and video samples. I think the video output is acceptable considering the price range. However, this dash cam should have the software imposed HDR capabilities or EV (exposure) control.

Let's see how it runs in long term. Supercapacitors should give it relatively longer life/ malfunction free operation.
RijuC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 10:26   #3501
Distinguished - BHPian

Do the android apps of DDPAI and 70Mai dashcams display the recorded video in the predefined clip length? Say, if I choose 10 min duration for each clip and drive for an hour, will the app display 6 clips of 10 mins each and I can download any particular clip I want?

I tried to get this info by reading various reviews but could not conclusively get info about this ? Because this aspect is necessary for me.
Old 27th July 2021, 10:57   #3502
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Do the android apps of DDPAI and 70Mai dashcams display the recorded video in the predefined clip length? Say, if I choose 10 min duration for each clip and drive for an hour, will the app display 6 clips of 10 mins each and I can download any particular clip I want?

I tried to get this info by reading various reviews but could not conclusively get info about this ? Because this aspect is necessary for me.
Yes, this is how it works. I have 70Mai 500s Pro plus. FYI, A 2 min clip is 350+ mb in size. Recently, I reduced the size to 1 min but haven't checked the clip size.
Old 27th July 2021, 10:57   #3503
BANNED

Quote:
I think whatever is the clip length is selected in the 'loop recording' setting, that will be the shown when you access the memory card through the App. Hope I have understood the query correctly.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 11:10   #3504
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Yes, this is how it works. I have 70Mai 500s Pro plus. FYI, A 2 min clip is 350+ mb in size. Recently, I reduced the size to 1 min but haven't checked the clip size.
Ok. The 10 mins was just for reference. I just want the ability to identify each clip uniquely and download as required. From one of the reviews of DDPAI, i remember seeing a rolling film kind of display of the recoded clips. I found it cumbersome

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I think whatever is the clip length is selected in the 'loop recording' setting, that will be the shown when you access the memory card through the App. Hope I have understood the query correctly.
You are right. However, I am referring to the easy of being able to identify a particular clip that I want based on the timestamp and download it. If the recorded video clips are displayed as individual files like how we see it if I were to remove the SD card and read it on my laptop using file explorer it would be preferred.
Old 27th July 2021, 12:00   #3505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I reduced the size to 1 min but haven't checked the clip size.
I have the video length set to 1 minute, and the file size 185.6 MB per file.

Quote:

If the recorded video clips are displayed as individual files like how we see it if I were to remove the SD card and read it on my laptop using file explorer it would be preferred.
Yes, it lists each clip separately and you can download the one you need. In my case, it lists 1-minute clips, grouped by date as shown in the below screenshot. The download is super slow and that's the reason I choose a 1-minute duration. The app also allows you to play a clip before downloading.

PS: I'm using the iOS app but I see the user interface is the same from the screenshots.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-screen70mai.jpg
robincsamuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 13:24   #3506
BHPian

Quote:
Let's see how it runs in long term. Supercapacitors should give it relatively longer life/ malfunction free operation.
Hope so. Just placed an order for the same dashcam on Amazon. Need to figure out the best possible SD Card to get.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 14:24   #3507
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
I have the video length set to 1 minute, and the file size 185.6 MB per file.

Yes, it lists each clip separately and you can download the one you need. In my case, it lists 1-minute clips, grouped by date as shown in the below screenshot. The download is super slow and that's the reason I choose a 1-minute duration. The app also allows you to play a clip before downloading.

PS: I'm using the iOS app but I see the user interface is the same from the screenshots.

Yes, this is exactly what I prefer.
Is this interface for DDPAI or 70MAI app?
Old 27th July 2021, 14:29   #3508
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, this is exactly what I prefer.
Is this interface for DDPAI or 70MAI app?
It’s the 70MAI app user interface. I’m using 70MAI A500s.
robincsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 23:14   #3509
BHPian

Quote:

I am feeling super-excited like a school kid in this mid-40's!

Here is the link:
https://Youtube.com/channel/UCQTKWYVWT2WF9v7mY4OnP4w
I had another look at the video and if I can give you one suggestion, may be you can tilt the front camera lens couple of degree downward you will see things in better proportion including cars in front. Doesn’t matter if it shows more of your dashboard and bonnet, it is still better than high sky. The ideal suggestion is to have 1/3 sky and 2/3 lower part, although I find it difficult to meet this, I still try to strive the same proportion for best dash cam position.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 13:36   #3510
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for sharing.Though I had already placed an order after receiving the footage shared by you.
Initially, I was slightly apprehensive about the cam’s inability to read the registration plates of passing car, as you had also commented.Then, I chanced upon some videos of 70Mai Pro Plus+.The results there were very similar to your videos in Youtube, where the number plates of some cars could be read.
Thanks to your videos as well as to JithinR and Wanderers for their subsequent posts, my fears have been dispelled!
All in all, I think, DDPAI Z40 is a good buy also considering that it uses a super capacitor which is considered safer, instead of Lithium battery. But one thing I have noticed is that their Amazon page mentions “Z40 will not support ADAS feature in India”. This is not mentioned anywhere in the Nexdigitron site. There appears to be no such issue with 70Mai Pro Plus + A500S !
amit162 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed