Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2021, 20:04   #3571
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by basuk View Post
This is my third post on Ding-Ding Pai (DDPAI) MOLA N3 after using it for 20 days...
As you know, DDPAI creates files for every single minute of recording...
Hi @basuk, I too ordered Mola N3 without GPS and received it today. Not installed yet but since the power input is through USB A, tried at home.
In the app I don't see an option to change the loop duration. Did I miss it or this option is not available?
I am not a fan of this app business, so removed the card and connected to laptop to view the video which was of 1min duration. At 1080P setting video quality seems decent.
In my present dashcam Transcend DP200, there are options to set loop time, exposure etc.
Upon setup it showed a firmware update which I didn't take at this moment. Did you update it and what difference does it make?
Thanks.
Old 11th October 2021, 00:43   #3572
Kln
BHPian

Any 70mai owners here experiencing frequent blown out fuses? I have an aftermarket Hella horn on my Ignis, and it keeps getting its fuse blown ever since I hardwired my 70mai a500s pro plus alongwith it. Any idea what needs to be done?
Old 12th October 2021, 11:02   #3573
BHPian

Hello BHPians, I recently ordered a 70mai pro plus dash cam for my Tata Safari 2021 which is to be delivered today. On introspecting, some part of me still wonders if only a front dash cam would suffice or will it be worth picking up a kit with the rear camera too? The thought process behind buying only the front camera-
1) Less wires, less mess.
2) It may need another power source.
3) Opening too many panels to tuck in the wires may lead to rattling noises in the future.

On the other hand, there have been instances where people get rear ended and there is no way to record it. Though the front camera may capture most cases, is it worth getting the rear too? Have any BHPians found it to be worth the premium?

I see some reviews state the incompatibility of the hardwire cable with Tata vehicles. Is this true? If yes, the whole point of buying the pro plus is lost, (didn't want any cables to fill the USB ports in the car, don't really need a parking monitor) hence picking up the a400 will make it a cost effective solution? Also are there any other options worth considering apart from 70mai and ddpai? Are there any better options to consider from India itself?

It would be great if any BHPians could answer my queries and help get rid of my dilemma over this matter.
Old 12th October 2021, 11:19   #3574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Any solutions, short of disabling wireless android auto on the phone everytime I want to connect to dashcam?
Hi, I have a work around, though it might not be feasible to do every time. You can connect the camera to a portable charger and then connect it to your phone. This way you may connect with your camera through phone while keeping the vehicle off.
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 13:02   #3575
BHPian

How is Roav DashCam C1?
Regards
Subrat
Old 13th October 2021, 13:42   #3576
Senior - BHPian

ROAV is excellent. Have been using for few years now. It's very reliable, go for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
How is Roav DashCam C1?
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_8568.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 13th October 2021 at 13:44.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 14:38   #3577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
ROAV is excellent. Have been using for few years now. It's very reliable, go for it.
Thank you so much, i am going for it.
Old 13th October 2021, 15:05   #3578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @og_adi View Post
Hello BHPians, I recently ordered a 70mai pro plus dash cam for my Tata Safari 2021 which is to be delivered today. On introspecting, some part of me still wonders if only a front dash cam would suffice or will it be worth picking up a kit with the rear camera too? The thought process behind buying only the front camera-
1) Less wires, less mess.
2) It may need another power source.
3) Opening too many panels to tuck in the wires may lead to rattling noises in the future.

On the other hand, there have been instances where people get rear ended and there is no way to record it. Though the front camera may capture most cases, is it worth getting the rear too? Have any BHPians found it to be worth the premium?
Hi! I have set up 70 mai pro plus dashcam (the one with both front and rear) in my Harrier. The rear unit does not require different power source (also not a different sd card) , it connects directly with the front unit. I had not taken out the panels to route the wire, just tucked them inside the door beading and then at the edge where the A pillar meets the roof liner. I had already answered a similar query on the Harrier thread so am pasting my reply from there, I hope it helps:

I also have a 70mai dashcam in our Harrier, mine is the pro plus model with both front and rear cameras. My brother and sister also have front only 70mai in their Figo and City. So, I can say it is quite good and the UI is also friendly to use.
One note though, if you go for 70mai, buy Sandisk sd card (the ultra A1 or if you can afford, the Endurance) because for some reason Samsung's Evo plus sd cards don't work with 70mai. I tried two new Evo plus cards in my and brother's cam, failed to work whereas all our 3 dashcams are working properly with the Sandisk ultra A1.

One more thing, in the Harrier, you have the 12v socket under armrest. If you use the usb port to connect the cam, you will not be able to use android auto/car play.
So, you will have to connect with the armrest 12v socket. Now there are two options, route the wire along the central tunnel - under the glovebox - up the A pillar - under the headliner. In this route, you will have to tape it under the glovebox and along central console which can look ugly or if you find a way to hide then that's good (but I couldn't)

The other route is - under the headliner - past the a pillar - over the front passenger window - down the b pillar - under the passenger seat. This method is what I have done and it hides the wire well. The only catch is the wire tends to be a little short. So you will have to get a usb extension wire (like the ones we use with TVs), something like this -

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00GGMU3MQ/...F9KKS0EKNA789W

Avoid routing it over the driver side headliner because if it comes out for some reason, it can distract the driver (but if you have the rear unit as well, you will have to route it over the driver side this time.. Though the wire has never come out till now).
Candy$Cars is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 23:50   #3579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy$Cars View Post
Hi! I have set up 70 mai pro plus dashcam (the one with both front and rear) in my Harrier. The rear unit does not require different power source (also not a different sd card) , it connects directly with the front unit. I had not taken out the panels to route the wire, just tucked them inside the door beading and then at the edge where the A pillar meets the roof liner.
Thank you so much for the reply @Candy$Cars! Buying a rear camera does make sense as I understand it to be not much of a hassle to live with from your post.
The parcel was delivered 2 hours after I had posted my queries on this thread and hence the plan to cancel the order and get an A400 (with rear camera) was put to rest as the product could only be replaced once delivered. The only option I'm left with is to buy the rear camera from here-
https://www.nexdigitron.com/products/rc06

Quote:
One note though, if you go for 70mai, buy Sandisk sd card (the ultra A1 or if you can afford, the Endurance) because for some reason Samsung's Evo plus sd cards don't work with 70mai. I tried two new Evo plus cards in my and brother's cam, failed to work whereas all our 3 dashcams are working properly with the Sandisk ultra A1.
Really? Maybe it is just dumb luck but my Samsung evo class 1 64GB SD card works just fine. I did read 2 other reviews on Amazon stating problems with Samsung SD cards later, and now can only hope this one works well.

Link to the product-
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08D1J84FY/...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Quote:
One more thing, in the Harrier, you have the 12v socket under armrest. If you use the usb port to connect the cam, you will not be able to use android auto/car play.
So, you will have to connect with the armrest 12v socket. Now there are two options, route the wire along the central tunnel - under the glovebox - up the A pillar - under the headliner. In this route, you will have to tape it under the glovebox and along central console which can look ugly or if you find a way to hide then that's good (but I couldn't)
Yes, the routing plan you suggested does make sense but does that mean that the armrest remains slightly open to let the wire pass through? Or am I missing something here?

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-20210627_112254.jpg
(Sorry for the mess, posting an old pic as a representative image)

Apologies for the delayed response. Thanks again!
Old 15th October 2021, 11:25   #3580
BHPian

Quote:
I am not able to connect it to my iPhone 11 max pro. Any catch here, how to connect.
Thanks and regards
Subrat
Old 15th October 2021, 11:29   #3581
Senior - BHPian

I'm using it with my iPhone 12 Pro. If its not connecting, maybe its a defective piece
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
I am not able to connect it to my iPhone 11 max pro. Any catch here, how to connect.
Thanks and regards
Subrat
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 12:35   #3582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @og_adi View Post

Really? Maybe it is just dumb luck but my Samsung evo class 1 64GB SD card works just fine. I did read 2 other reviews on Amazon stating problems with Samsung SD cards later, and now can only hope this one works well.

Link to the product-
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08D1J84FY/...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Yes, the routing plan you suggested does make sense but does that mean that the armrest remains slightly open to let the wire pass through? Or am I missing something here?

Attachment 2219198
(Sorry for the mess, posting an old pic as a representative image)

Apologies for the delayed response. Thanks again!
That's good that the samsung card worked for you! Two of those brand new cards didn't work in any of our 3
70Mai dashcams. Strangely, the seller on Amazon had mentioned in description that samsung & strontium were recommended brands and Sandisk was NOT recommended, in bold letters.

I don't know the link you gave for the rear cam is compatible with your front one or not. My front cam had a separate port to plug the wire coming from the rear cam. Also, with both the cameras running, my 64gb sd card only saves 2hrs of recording due to which I have couple of times missed getting recordings as the camera overwrote.

The armrest will close. In your picture, you can see there is a recess on the left side on the edge where the armrest closes. I have marked the recess with red in the picture. It is for taking out the wire. Also, even if you don't take our the wire through the recess, the armrest will still close easily. Don't worry about it!
To test it, just take the wire of your mobile charger and try closing, once by routing it through the recess (red portion) and other time by taking it over the green part in the picture. The armrest should close in both the cases.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-20210627_112254__01.jpg

Last edited by Candy$Cars : 15th October 2021 at 12:37. Reason: Spelling correction
Candy$Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2021, 18:22   #3583
BHPian

Quote:
I'm using it with my iPhone 12 Pro. If its not connecting, maybe its a defective piece
Sorted now after taking to the Roav guy. Will test tomorrow while driving down to Bali, Rajasthan from Mumbai. Will share a vide of both day and night for members perusal.
Regards
Subrat

Here is the image of unboxing DashCam C1.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img_3774.jpg
Old 15th October 2021, 22:42   #3584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Hi @basuk, I too ordered Mola N3 without GPS and received it today. Not installed yet but since the power input is through USB A, tried at home.
In the app I don't see an option to change the loop duration. Did I miss it or this option is not available?
I am not a fan of this app business, so removed the card and connected to laptop to view the video which was of 1min duration. At 1080P setting video quality seems decent.
In my present dashcam Transcend DP200, there are options to set loop time, exposure etc.
Upon setup it showed a firmware update which I didn't take at this moment. Did you update it and what difference does it make?
Thanks.
So I installed DDPAI Mola N3 today. Installation was easy as I only had to follow the same wiring path as the DP200.
In my DP200, whenever I had a watch a clip I could remove the SD card, and plug into my mobile using an adapter.(I always keep a card reader in the glove box).
With DDPAI, when I connect the SD card to mobile, the message says to format the card. But when I connect the SD card to laptop it does throw up a message that the card requires fixing, but I can still view the videos.
Could anyone point out the reason?
I find the whole process of connecting the app very cumbersome.
rajivr1612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 15:52   #3585
BHPian

Went ahead and got the Safecams Y3S. Car Cupid Pune did the whole thing for 12,500 including installation.

1. The device comes with a fuse-tap based hardwire kit. You can opt to make it powered directly off the battery instead of only the ACC mode. I chose not to. So the camera powers on with the car and goes off.
2. The cameras are incredibly light weight.
3. The wires provided are of sufficient length.
4. The cameras do get quite warm while in operation. Will observe over time.
5. Video quality is good. Audio capture feels a bit too sensitive. But still pretty decent.
6. Front cam records in 1440p. Rear is 1080p.
7. Stabilisation is pretty good.
8. The rear camera records horizontally mirrored. This is a bit of annoyance. But if required can easily be flipped on a PC or so.
9. The Kacam app does not work on iOS 15. It refused to connect to the camera. The shop guy told me to install Dashcam player. Which did connect.
10. I do not see any option to increase video snippet size to more than 1 minute.

Some photo and video samples:
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-whatsapp-image-20211016-3.22.20-pm.jpeg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-whatsapp-image-20211016-3.22.20-pm-1.jpeg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-whatsapp-image-20211016-3.22.19-pm.jpeg

ashishk29 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks