Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2021, 17:21   #3586
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Hi everyone,

I wanted to confirm from you guys if the website viofo.in is genuine?

They claim to be the official retailers of Viofo in India.

I have been using viofo 119s for over 3 years now without a fuss and wanted to get one for my new vehicle.

Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 18:04   #3587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Went ahead and got the Safecams Y3S. Car Cupid Pune did the whole thing for 12,500 including installation.
Congratulations! ashishk29 on your new purchase and I see immaculate footages from both front and rear cam. I still wonder why is it not possible to record 3 or 5 minutes in your kacam app. I just could record it in SC01 from the same app. Please check with them if any adjustments need to be made. Meanwhile, this is the screenshot from my app.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img20211017wa0030.jpg

Note from Support. Please do not quote large posts. Typos fixed.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st October 2021 at 17:13. Reason: See note. Picture inserted in-line.
Organic Chlorin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 19:18   #3588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P View Post
I would like to know this as well. We have the A129 (not pro) in my brother's car and it is good. I had got that from US but soon we are getting another car and I want to have a dash-cam installed asap after I get the car. I like A129 due to dual camera system for front and back. On Amazon I saw someone selling for 25.5K but I am sure it is being imported as shipping time is more than a month.

On bang good I saw for under 14K (without GPS) and 400 rupees delivery via India direct mail but I am not sure if there will be customs or not.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st October 2021 at 17:10. Reason: Quote trimmed, typos.
Old 18th October 2021, 06:46   #3589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organic Chlorin View Post

Congratulations! ashishk29 on your new purchase and I see immaculate footages from both front and rear cam. I still wonder why is it not possible to record 3 or 5 minutes in your kacam app. I just could record it in SC01 from the same app. Please check with them if any adjustments need to be made. Meanwhile, this is the screenshot from my app.
Actually the problem is that I can't use the kacam app. It doesn't work on iOS 15 due to some iOS restrictions.
So I had to install this app called "dashcam player". It doesn't have the option to change the recording snippet duration.

In the future if Kacam updates their app to be compatible with iOS 15, I will certainly switch over to it and change the loop duration. It's very annoying with the 1min duration. Way too many files scattered on the card.
Old 18th October 2021, 08:47   #3590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
In the future if Kacam updates their app to be compatible with iOS 15, I will certainly switch over to it and change the loop duration. It's very annoying with the 1min duration. Way too many files scattered on the card.
Can't you just temporarily pair the dashcam with an Android/compatible Apple phone from your family/friends circle and update the recording duration?
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P View Post
Hi everyone,

I wanted to confirm from you guys if the website viofo.in is genuine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I would like to know this as well.
If you go to Viofo.com and then click on our retailers - change location to India - then you can see Viofo.in show up.

Since its being directly linked from their international website it should be their legitimate Indian arm. Besides, their prices make it seem like they are paying our ridiculous custom duties.

Last edited by JithinR : 18th October 2021 at 08:53. Reason: Added one more response.
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 22:11   #3591
BHPian

DDPAI Mini 5 4K

With the the Alcazar home I was planning on a new DashCam.
I had the old Blaupunkt camera , did it is job for a few years and now is just a showpiece.
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-01old-cam.jpg

So the search began on Amazon and the most common ones are 70mai and DDPAI.
Blueskysea B1W was also a contender. I was looking for a device without a battery and no screen. The DDPAI Mini 4K got my attention. Saw a few YouTube reviews and took the plunge and ordered it from Amazon.

Cost of Camera: Rs 11999/-
Hardwire Kit: Rs 1699/-

I must say the camera dose look good and in my view a great design with the mount.
The packaging is 5 star, it feels and looks uber premium.

The Packaging
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-02_ddpai-_02.jpg
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-03_ddpai.jpg

The Hardwire kit, it comes with 3 types of fuse taps, i happened to get an extra set.
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-05_hardwire-kit.jpg

With all the hardware at home and its a Sunday evening.
Time to install the camera and hardwire kit.
Using the normal USB charger, set up the camera and stuck it to the windscreen.
Next opened the side panel next to the fuse box.
Connected the ground wire to the the screw on the chassis.
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-06_side-open-alcazar.jpg

Next checked the Fuse box layout and found a spare fuse slot to be used for ACC (camera to be turned on when the car is turned on) and then used the Tailgate fuse for VCC (camera is in sleep mode when car is off - parking monitor)

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-07_fuse-tap-installed.jpg

Attached the Fuse taps to the hardwire connectors.
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-08_hardwire-connected.jpg

Powered on the car, the LED was blue.
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-09_powered-blue-light.jpg

Powered off the car, the LED was red.
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-10_parking-monitor-mode.jpg

After checking with the Cars Club of India via whatsapp, got the update that using the app it can turn on/off the parking monitor the option. Hence turned it off.

As for the wiring it is concealed expect for the bit around the A Pillar.
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-11_wire-under-insulator.jpg

Sample Day video

Sample Night Video

Observations:
The DDPAI app is easy to use.
It records 4K in 1 min intervals at about 220MB per clip.
Cant really see the number plates in the night, still need to check some more night videos.
When you use the wifi to transfer the data to phone you get a compressed version of 30MB or so.
Great to watch on phone but not on bigger screen.
I disabled the mic, so audio is not recorded.
The audio quality is quite low anyway.

Will update more details after some more usage.
yajaman99 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 11:41   #3592

Dear all,

After breaking my head for over the last 10 days across these 240 pages - back and forth - multiple times, and words with some friends in my circle, finally zeroed in and ordered
1. 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel Car Dash Cam &
2. 70mai Hardwire Cable Kit with 6 Pcs Fuse Tap Adapters for Safe Installation.

Expecting to receive the package by today.

Can I get some reference on a good shop where I can get it installed. I live in Murugeshpalya (Konena Agrahara area) in Bangalore - but fine to drive either side to Old Bangalore or Whitefield side also if required.

Thanks in advance!
baala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 14:20   #3593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baala View Post
Dear all,

Can I get some reference on a good shop where I can get it installed. I live in Murugeshpalya (Konena Agrahara area) in Bangalore - but fine to drive either side to Old Bangalore or Whitefield side also if required.

Thanks in advance!
Congratulations on your purchase.
If it was just the front camera it is quite easy to install the hardwire kit.
As you are using Fusetaps there is nothing to worry about.
I did the setup 5 years ago in my Creta and just last week in the Alcazar.

As this incudes the rear camera neatly routing the cable from the rear to the camera would need some expertise.

I had my speakers upgraded 5 years ago at Sachins Autoshop in Kormangala.
You can give them a call and check how much they would charge.
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 16:56   #3594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
DDPAI Mini 5 4K
Congratulations on your purchase and thanks for an informative post. How did you figure out the hard wiring on Alacazar? I drive a Creta IVT and am curios to know if the installation is simple enough to do it on my own?

I also noticed a glare from the dash in your video recording, is there a way to avoid that?

Last edited by aah78 : 21st October 2021 at 17:09. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please DO NOT quote videos. Thanks!
Old 21st October 2021, 21:28   #3595

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Congratulations on your purchase.
If it was just the front camera it is quite easy to install the hardwire kit.

Sachins Autoshop in Kormangala.
Thanks Brother!! (Yajaman since Rajini fan?? )

I have bought the Dual camera one and planning to set both up. Taking the wire till the back in a concealed way is too much of touching the inside of the car - I thought I will let the experts do it.

Sachin is a wonderful option... Thanks - I did my entire ICE there only when I bought my K10, 10 years back and the 2-3 times I had gone there for tuning or issues, I have always got wonderful support.
Spoke to Suraj bhai there and asked him - it would cost some where around Rs. 800.
I will go there tomorrow itself around 11ish and have this done.
Probably will also replace my wiper also, when I there.

Will post photos and experience there, once I am back tomorrow. Thanks once again.

These are the items I have bought now.
Attached Thumbnails
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-70mai01.png  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-70mai02.png  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-70mai03.png  

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-70mai04.png  

Attached Images

Old 21st October 2021, 22:44   #3596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autocool View Post
Congratulations on your purchase and thanks for an informative post. How did you figure out the hard wiring on Alacazar? I drive a Creta IVT and am curios to know if the installation is simple enough to do it on my own?

I also noticed a glare from the dash in your video recording, is there a way to avoid that?
Hi Autocool , it is really simple. The Creta and Alcazar have the internal fuse box under the steering wheel like most cars.
There is a diagram of the which fuse belongs to which gizmo.
Check for a spare fuse slot, so it is not being used by anything.
Using a multimeter you can check if the spare fuse slot for voltage when the car is on and off. Once confirmed you can install the fuse tap.

To open the side panel I used the plastic orange prying tools I had ordered from Amazon 5 years ago.

https://www.amazon.in/EKIND-Dashboard-Installer-Dismantle-Professional-Grade/dp/B01CS3A32Q/ref=sr_1_34?crid=33UI2EJCD285O&dchild=1&keywords=p rying+tool+kit&qid=1634835883&qsid=262-3305422-3665543&sprefix=prying+tool%2Caps%2C295&sr=8-34&sres=B0107YL24Q%2CB078GLJ9ZB%2CB076WWKCJW%2CB08 XYRC1T2%2CB091YMTWPG%2CB07F1Q7NK3%2CB016ZY0414%2CB 07F1D82H3%2CB01A1QDUIQ%2CB078YQQ25G%2CB07S64C5JW%2 CB096XYXYNG%2CB09GBB1MHX%2CB07ZVZ9NVP%2CB098F8TSKR %2CB099186XZZ%2CB092TVNZ1N%2CB000R5BLW4%2CB07R44VJ HN%2CB07GTV5CP3

There are few installation descriptions in this thread and quite a few videos on YouTube.
CarsClub India does all the dashcam reviews available in India and he explains how to hardwire quite well.

Regarding the glare I might need to adjust the camera angle or try to get a CPL filter which will reduce the night vision quality.
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 07:57   #3597
Senior - BHPian

Regarding card, you should have picked up SanDisk Extreme. That's for dashcams. My order of preference are (After using); Transcend, WD Purple, Samsung, Winston and then SanDisk
Quote:
Will post photos and experience there, once I am back tomorrow. Thanks once again. These are the items I have bought now.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 11:57   #3598

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Regarding card, you should have picked up SanDisk Extreme. That's for dashcams. My order of preference are (After using); Transcend, WD Purple, Samsung, Winston and then SanDisk
Thanks Sebring. I wasnt aware geniunely!!

One of my very close friend has been using this very same camera and datacard combination for almost a year now and suggested me this. Hence bought it. Unfortunately there is no return option in Amazon.
In case, this creates trouble, I will move this to my wife's phone (make her happy with a 128 GB ) and buy a better one..

Just a query, is there a specific model (like extreme) in other preferred options also? so that, I can buy the right one in Transcend or WD also (will help others also!!)

Cheers
Old 22nd October 2021, 21:54   #3599
Senior - BHPian

Yes, Transcend High Endurance and WD Purple If you want her to use it better you give it now. Once the card is corrupt, she wont be able to
Quote:
Just a query, is there a specific model (like extreme) in other preferred options also? so that, I can buy the right one in Transcend or WD also (will help others also!!)
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2021, 11:17   #3600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Yes, Transcend High Endurance and WD Purple If you want her to use it better you give it now. Once the card is corrupt, she wont be able to
Transcend Endurance seems exhorbitantly costed in Amazon for 128 GB

WD Purple - they are selling 64 GB @ a 58% discount for 779 and 128 GB is being sold at 2599 @ just 21%

Literally breaking my head now!!

Most Viewed