Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2023, 15:21   #4216
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post
Need some help/ideas. I need to reinstall the dashcam and looking for a good double sided 3M tape. Can someone guide me to which one should I purchase or any other idea how to install the same. I have been on the lookout for a double-sided 3M tape but to no success. Checked many car accessories in my neighborhood but no success.
You could try either of these options.
1. https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...TUU5KB4F6&th=1
2. https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...MI9F599FR&th=1
I haven't tried the first but the second is pretty good.
Hope this helps.
Old 2nd January 2023, 17:11   #4217
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Need some help/ideas. I need to reinstall the dashcam and looking for a good double sided 3M tape. Can someone guide me to which one should I purchase or any other idea how to install the same. I have been on the lookout for a double-sided 3M tape but to no success. Checked many car accessories in my neighborhood but no success.
No extras in the box when you bought the cam?

3M VHB would be best, but it can be difficult & expensive to source, and not worth spending on a roll if you only need a little bit for the cam. Might be worth checking with other dashcam users in your circle (if you haven't done so already) whether they have any spare mounting tape pieces.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 17:17   #4218
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone guide me to which one should I purchase or any other idea how to install the same.
If the dashcam is 70mai or DDPAi (or even similar form factor of any of these two brands) you can try nexdigitron site.

https://www.nexdigitron.com/collections/mounts-stickers

Site is reliable and ships fast.

With electrostatic sticker and double sided tape bundled, you can install the electrostatic sticker on windscreen and then stick dashcam with double sided tape over that sticker. This way it would be easy and cleaner to remove in future.
dipdawiz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 18:07   #4219
BHPian

Quote:
Need some help/ideas. I need to reinstall the dashcam and looking for a good double sided 3M tape. Can someone guide me to which one should I purchase or any other idea how to install the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
If the dashcam is 70mai or DDPAi (or even similar form factor of any of these two brands) you can try nexdigitron site.

https://www.nexdigitron.com/collections/mounts-stickers

Site is reliable and ships fast.
Second this option. I actually had to get a second set of 3M adhesive tape for my z40 and got it delivered successfully from this site.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 18:22   #4220
BHPian

The Dashcam that I own is Yi Dashcam.

https://www.amazon.in/Yi-Smart-Dashc.../dp/B01C89GCHU

Checking to see if I can source a suction cup for the same.
Old 3rd January 2023, 12:48   #4221
BHPian

Posting a quick DIY, gave second life to my antique Old Shark Dashcam recorder. Bought the dashcam 7 years back, decent dashcam for the price I paid. After years of regular usage, small lithium battery gave up resulting in intermittent recording due to date defaulting to factory set up. I was about to purchase new dashcam but decided to check whether I can fix existing dashcam. Came across useful YouTube videos on how to replace the battery. Got a new battery for 100 Rs from local mobile shop and gave new life to dashcam.

Old Shark is back to its former glory, capturing great videos again. Thought, this post might be useful for yearly adapters of dashcam, looking to extend some more life out of early investment. Good thing about old dashcams are that their videos doesn’t have watermarks of the manufacturers, even date and time stamp are optional.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-20221226_165445.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-20221226_165420.jpg

rainmaster is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 21:12   #4222
BHPian

Folks,

Need help in routing rear-dash cable in Taigun (with curtain airbags).
Looked around in the other threads and couldnt find any suitable pointers.

Could any of You share pics of the cable routing please.

Thanks.
Old 7th January 2023, 23:43   #4223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Folks,

Don’t remove panels, instead remove door rubber and tuck the wire beneath, that is the only tip which would be useful for you. You won’t even need any tool, bare hands are enough.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 09:24   #4224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Folks,

Could any of You share pics of the cable routing please.

Thanks.
I took the wire of rear camera through scuff plate like this in my Seltos -

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac..._131653_li.jpg

Should be similar for your Taigun also, considering your rear dashcam cable is long enough.
Old 8th January 2023, 19:32   #4225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Don’t remove panels, instead remove door rubber and tuck the wire beneath, that is the only tip which would be useful for you. You won’t even need any tool, bare hands are enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post
I took the wire of rear camera through scuff plate like this in my Seltos -

Should be similar for your Taigun also, considering your rear dashcam cable is long enough.
Thank You batish and dipdawiz.
This is the route I had planned, however the passenger seat-belt mount on the floor exposes the wiring to an extent; and wanted to know if there is any other way.

I will route the wiring in the same path and see if anything can be done to keep the wiring hidden, near the seat-belt mount.

Thanks again.
Old 12th January 2023, 10:17   #4226
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there a way to download the recording from a DDPAI directly to a laptop ?

Checking on the web, I saw something about installing an android emulator on the laptop, and then using the brand's mediaplayer to access the recordings on the card that is used in the dashcam

Has anyone tried this method ?
Old 12th January 2023, 17:27   #4227

Hi all -

I recently bought Qubo 4k Dascam (dual channel - front & rear) but the product features (ex. ADAS) aren't easy to configure and there is no support from Qubo (Hero Group).
Can anyone in this group have adequate knowledge of the ADAS calibration to be done on this Qubo 4K Dashcam?
I spent close to 15k for this dashcam - thinking high of Hero Group, but they are below par when it comes to customer experience.
Any help from the members would be highly appreciated.
My advice to fellow members is to avoid this product until such time there is good documentation and help/support made available by Qubo. Thanks.
Old 16th January 2023, 15:12   #4228
t18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
Is anyone using SJCAM as dashcam? if YES, can the battery be removed while using it as dashcam? (for safety).
Thank you
Hi,
I have been using SJCAM 4000 wifi since 2017 and yes, you have to remove the battery while using as dashcam. I used it with battery and after few years found the battery swollen. That is how I came to know we have to remove it for dashcam use. Now been using it without battery, but the problem is the date is reset to the year 2000 by default.
t18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 16:21   #4229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Is there a way to download the recording from a DDPAI directly to a laptop ?

Checking on the web, I saw something about installing an android emulator on the laptop, and then using the brand's mediaplayer to access the recordings on the card that is used in the dashcam

Has anyone tried this method ?
Thought the emulator was a debugging device and is used to simulate apps on your mobile?

The only way I can think of (know of) downloading the footage is to insert the SD card in your laptop card reader and then download the video files. And to play them, you would require the latest graphics s/w without which it will throw a compatibility error.
Old 16th January 2023, 17:24   #4230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2badri View Post
I recently bought Qubo 4k Dascam (dual channel - front & rear) but the product features (ex. ADAS) aren't easy to configure and there is no support from Qubo (Hero Group).
Oh! Don't worry Sir. Honestly, these features are utterly useless in our country especially in gizmos like this.

Quote:
I spent close to 15k for this dashcam - thinking high of Hero Group, but they are below par when it comes to customer experience.
Since yours is 4k dashcam, you could give us some insights as I have personally avoided 4k all the time thinking they are not suitable for our environment. Could you please check if all the recordings are saved correctly in dashcam, any recording missing due to heat/cold, audio captured correctly along with GPS details - any anomaly there?

Quote:
My advice to fellow members is to avoid this product until such time there is good documentation and help/support made available by Qubo.
Noted sir.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks