Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2023, 10:08   #4366
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiChaithanya View Post
If any of the 70mai users are satisfied with the results regarding both (a) day & (b) night clarity and (c) parking surveillance, I would like to go with 70mai else I’ll think investing for higher amount.

Including me, 3 sets of same brand would be purchased for friends’ cars as well.
Using 70mai A500s dual channel dashcam. Video clarity wise I can say both Viofo and 70mai is comparable. But Viofo has higher bitrate though on computer screen you won't find any noticable difference.

If parking surveillance is important for you, better go for Viofo as it supoorts buffered parking surveillance; in this case if it detects motion, then only it records (includes 15sec buffered footage before the motion detected so you get a complete scene). Saves space and easy to find out what's happening. However I heard that for some models it is now not supported, so please verify that before selecting viofo model. In case of 70mai, it triggers only on some event like collision, vibration etc. So it misses some action as it happens.
dipdawiz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 10:24   #4367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiChaithanya View Post
Thanks for the suggestion.

Does hardwiring voids warranty?
I have Innova with curtain airbags too. Is rear cam wiring going to block the curtain airbag deployment?

Also, anyone on the forum who installed dash cam on their Innova Crysta/ similar throw some light on their experience?
Hardwiring will void warranty if your car is new or have taken extra warranty.The rear cam does not hamper the curtain airbags on the side but the wire connecting the rear cam to the front cam will hamper the the curtain airbags on the side so have avoided it. Some workaround will be possible at later stage so till then only the front cam for me.

Last edited by ACMerchant : 2nd April 2023 at 10:27.
ACMerchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 10:43   #4368

May be a silly question.

I see that the Qubo dashcam (without gps and adas) is priced around 3690 on their website. Since I dont require gps or adas why dont we get two of this one for the front and one for the rear, that way the cost is much lower than the front/rear combined camera setup which costs 12990. Is this possible?
Old 2nd April 2023, 13:51   #4369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMerchant View Post
Hardwiring will void warranty if your car is new or have taken extra warranty.The rear cam does not hamper the curtain airbags on the side but the wire connecting the rear cam to the front cam will hamper the the curtain airbags on the side so have avoided it.
I'm not sure about losing warranty because we're not splicing or cutting any OE wirings. If one is doubtful, they can just plug out the hardwire kit from the fuse box and take the vehicle for service. You can run the rear wire along the floor if you have curtain airbags. I have done the same in my Isuzu Mux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaramanuma View Post
why dont we get two of this one for the front and one for the rear, that way the cost is much lower than the front/rear combined camera setup which costs 12990. Is this possible?
You sure can install such a setup. I have been using such a setup in my 2 cars for over 6 years. They're Chinese cams costing just about 5000 for 2 cams. The only issue you will have is convenience. You'll have to wire 2 cams separately, and if you don't have an app interface, you'll have to connect the cams to a display/monitor or your Car's player for tweaking with the settings. In my case, only one of the 4 cams have an app, and so the other cams have always been a headache to fiddle with. The most important feature in such a setup must be a way to know that the cam is indeed working. In my case, all the cams have separate led light notifications for power status, video recording status and audio recoding status at a quick glance.
Old 2nd April 2023, 13:57   #4370

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
I'm not sure about losing warranty because we're not splicing or cutting any OE wirings. If one is doubtful, they can just plug out the hardwire kit from the fuse box and take the vehicle for service. You can run the rear wire along the floor if you have curtain airbags. I have done the same in my Isuzu Mux.

You sure can install such a setup. I have been using such a setup in my 2 cars for over 6 years. They're Chinese cams costing just about 5000 for 2 cams. The only issue you will have is convenience. You'll have to wire 2 cams separately, and if you don't have an app interface, you'll have to connect the cams to a display/monitor or your Car's player for tweaking with the settings. In my case, only one of the 4 cams have an app, and so the other cams have always been a headache to fiddle with. The most important feature in such a setup must be a way to know that the cam is indeed working. In my case, all the cams have separate led light notifications for power status, video recording status and audio recoding status at a quick glance.
Thanks valid issues. One possible solution on the app interface - could we connect on two different mobiles?
Old 3rd April 2023, 14:45   #4371
BHPian

I have the same issue. Have the DDPai Mini on my Harrier. My Android mobile either connects to the Car HU Wifi OR the DDPAI WiFi. To see footage, I have to disconnect the HU WiFi. It will be great if both are connected since emergency photos and video snippets recorded during a road incident can then be directly downloaded on the phone. Else, there is no easy way other than swapping out WiFi from HU to DDPai and then scrolling through the footage and then downloading. Any suggestions how to make both wireless Android Auto AND DDPai Wifi work simultaneously ?

TIA, Dinesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by baarish84 View Post
Hi, I am facing an issue in accessing dash cam 's wifi, when Android Auto is connected. Here are the details..

I have put in DDpai nola n3 pro GPS dual dash cam in my Toyota Hyryder, which can be assessed via wifi (in DDpai app) .

Hyryder has wireless Android Auto, because of which, phone's connection to HU via Android Auto requires both wifi and Bluetooth connection in phone.

Only way to access footage stored in DDpai dash cam wirelessly , is to connect to it's wifi network.

Problem - phone had now connected to HU's wifi to run Android Auto.

Now, if I want to connect to DDpai dash cams wifi, them I have to switch off HU AND force stop Android Auto app in phone. Because If app is running on phone, it overides your attempt to connect wifi network of dash cam and switches on the HU !

Once these HU switching off/ app force stop steps are done, I can view/ download the footage from DDpai app.

Is there any walk around this - where i don't have to switch off HU/ force stop Android Auto app on phone?

All I want is directly connect to DDpai wifi, while HU/ Android Auto is running normally.
Old 4th April 2023, 10:50   #4372
BHPian

Quote:

Most common brands such as DDPai have mobile apps; so the query really is if two single channel cams can be configured on the app? Logically, it isn't different from using home security cameras or smart appliances, and as far as they're the same make, they can be configured on the same app (speaking from experience with Tapo and Halonix). Moreover, the flexibility to shift one of the cams to another vehicle in the future or temporarily is an added advantage.
Old 4th April 2023, 12:46   #4373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlanuk View Post
Most common brands such as DDPai have mobile apps; so the query really is if two single channel cams can be configured on the app? Logically, it isn't different from using home security cameras or smart appliances, and as far as they're the same make, they can be configured on the same app (speaking from experience with Tapo and Halonix). Moreover, the flexibility to shift one of the cams to another vehicle in the future or temporarily is an added advantage.
I'm not sure the original comment was asking this question though. Anyhow, it's possible to configure 2 cams of the same make in the app, as long as that feature is made available by the app developer. One can check the app description and reviews on playstore and see if this feature is available before making the purchase decision. I just listed out the possible pros and cons of setting up two single channel dashcams in place of a 2 channel or 3 channel setup.

Last edited by JoaTMoN : 4th April 2023 at 12:48.
JoaTMoN is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 12:53   #4374
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure the original comment was asking this question though. Anyhow, it's possible to configure 2 cams of the same make in the app, as long as that feature is made available by the app developer. One can check the app description and reviews on playstore and see if this feature is available before making the purchase decision. I just listed out the possible pros and cons of setting up two single channel dashcams in place of a 2 channel or 3 channel setup.
Yeah, you're right, the original comment didn't really ask this. It was more of a query I had.

I checked the 70mai FAQ section and they do mention that multiple cameras can be configured on the same app / device. However, they also have a vague response to how different cameras will be identified on the app.

For some reason, cannot find the same for DDPai. Maybe dropping a query to the India distributor (Nexdigitron) will get answers - keener for them as they don't use Li-ion batteries.
Mlanuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 18:45   #4375
BHPian

Planning to go with WOLFBOX D07 4k Dash Cam Front And Rear Car Camera. Getting it from US. With the hardwire kit and 128GB card it's coming to $170 excluding easter discount which is around $10. Is this a good dash cam?
Old 5th April 2023, 22:10   #4376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston View Post
Planning to go with WOLFBOX D07 4k Dash Cam Front And Rear Car Camera. Getting it from US. With the hardwire kit and 128GB card it's coming to $170 excluding easter discount which is around $10. Is this a good dash cam?
I got 3 channel cam(i07) with hardwire kit for 16k here in India. I'm pretty happy with wolfbox.
JoaTMoN is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 09:59   #4377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston View Post
Yes, Worlfbox is good. I purchased Wolfbox G840H from Amazon and using it since 2 days. Front and back camera quality is good and no lag at all. Also, surprisingly it has fast touch screen response. Hardwiring is recommended for seamless operation and parking surveillance.
sulliavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 14:14   #4378
Senior - BHPian

Folks I need suggestions for a dash cam setup for my Kizashi. Yesterday an activa with three idiots on it rear ended me while I was waiting at a signal and while the rider was apologetic the other two tried to blame me initially by saying I had applied the brakes suddenly even though I was stopped for quite a while before they bumped into me and tried riding away. Thankfully no damage was incurred so I did not bother responding to their gunda tactics. This has prompted me to search for a good dashcam setup. I require good image quality, front and rear coverage (if 360 degree is possible then even better) and I would like to have a sleek setup that does not ruin the cabin aesthetic can anyone recommend such a setup please?

Thanks in advance.
Old 6th April 2023, 17:31   #4379
BHPian

So I went ahead and installed the DDPai mola N3 single channel dashcam to my Honda City. In hindsight, I should have gone about it when I was much more stress free. Goofed up the order on Amazon, got the single channel instead of dual. Secondly, I ended up wasting the electrostatic sticker that comes with the box because I placed it on the dotted ‘sunshade’ paint just behind the rear view. I didn’t realise this electro static sticker is more like a mobile screen guard (doesn’t use any adhesive to stick to glass surface). Since I didn’t have much time before a road trip to order another, I went in with directly sticking the cam using the two sided mounting sticker. Here too the alignment went slightly awry, if anyone else apart from me is using the car and tries to adjust the IRVM, it’s going to foul with the dashcam. Connected with nexdigitron WhatsApp support who told me to be very careful while removing the dashcam mount and reinstall. I managed to do this with some trepidation finally so not a clean install but functional.

The wiring bit was fairly easy, used the 12v socket on the co-drivers side. I will consider the hardwire option once the car warranty expires in a few months.

As a side note, the A-pillar cover came off really easily and I was shocked to see some white tape stuck around the connectors, probably for eradicating rattles. I didn’t expect this from a Honda.
Old 9th April 2023, 10:08   #4380
BHPian

Quote:
I got 3 channel cam(i07) with hardwire kit for 16k here in India. I'm pretty happy with wolfbox.
Where did you get it from?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks