Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2023, 20:22   #4471
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
But seems my dash cam ditched me.
Reminds me of the saying, "Never cheap out on stuff which you have to buy once". It doesn't seem to be HD. Tried downloading your video but nope, it is still not clear. From the video posted I could figure out the last numbers, it seems to be "4791". Registration is of "KA". Middle ones could be twenty nine - Y.

Name:  Screenshot 20230526 at 20.11.03.png
Views: 1062
Size:  59.9 KB

I'm not sure as this is pixelated footage. Try uploading the footage on something like wetransfer, where it is easier to download the camera footage and zoom in on it.

Rather than ordering CPL, get a dashcam with better frame rate and greater resolution than 1080p, preferably a dual one. It would outlive your vehicle and even if you change it, you can easily remove and transfer it to your new car.

Last edited by batish : 26th May 2023 at 20:26.
Old 26th May 2023, 20:35   #4472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Reminds me of the saying, "Never cheap out on stuff which you have to buy once". It doesn't seem to be HD. Tried downloading your video but nope, it is still not clear. From the video posted I could figure out the last numbers, it seems to be "4791". Registration is of "KA". Middle ones could be twenty nine - Y.

Attachment 2455490

I'm not sure as this is pixelated footage. Try uploading the footage on something like wetransfer, where it is easier to download the camera footage and zoom in on it.

Rather than ordering CPL, get a dashcam with better frame rate and greater resolution than 1080p, preferably a dual one. It would outlive your vehicle and even if you change it, you can easily remove and transfer it to your new car.
Here is the wetransfer link of:
1. Original footage downloaded from the dash cam
2. An AI enhanced video (zip file)
3. Each frame extracted from the video through an online tool (again a zip file)

Lessons learnt and guilty as charged. I am planning to upgrade the cam and also consider a back camera.

One of the reasons why the numberplate wasn't caught is that the guy was in high speed. At least 50+ kmph in my understanding.

Also we tried a lot to decipher the number plate and we could zero in on KA 59 XX 4791

Thanks for all your help all of you. Really appreciated.
Old 26th May 2023, 20:43   #4473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lokesh View Post
I am planning to upgrade the cam and also consider a back camera.
Yes. Do get a good one.

Quote:
One of the reasons why the numberplate wasn't caught is that the guy was in high speed. At least 50+ kmph in my understanding.
Nope. If this video had higher frame rate, this could have been a lot easier.

Quote:
Also we tried a lot to decipher the number plate and we could zero in on KA 59 XX 4791
Yes. This video seems clearer than online uploaded ones. It seems KA 59 and next letter seems to be J or I but since I is not used on plates then it should be former. Good Luck with it.

Name:  Screenshot 20230526 at 20.42.22.png
Views: 1027
Size:  39.9 KB

Btw, if this is how your daytime video looks like I wonder how you'd be able to catch up something like this during night time when there is reflection on plates.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 14:43   #4474
BHPian

My DDPAI Mola N3 does not connect to the phone after I upgraded the DDPAI app. The app does not detect the cam at all. I called up the Nexdigitron customer care number which turned out to be a waste of time. They finally asked me to mail the invoice to them for further assistance. Can anyone here help if they faced similar issues after updating the app and if and how the issue was solved? Thanks in advance.
Old 28th May 2023, 11:44   #4475
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Is anyone using the Qubo Pro 4K dashcam with a CPL Filter?

I have been using the Qubo Pro 4K for a month now and I am looking for any compatible CPL filter for it.

Most of the CPL Filters available online are for DDPAI, 70mai or NexDigitron Cameras but not Qubo.

Has anyone been able to test any of the above filters to see if it is compatible with the Qubo one?

I would love to get one since I am planning a road trip next month with family. Appreciate your assistance with this.

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th May 2023 at 11:49.
Old 29th May 2023, 15:02   #4476
Senior - BHPian

Reading through this thread has left me completely confused

I am looking at a dual channel Dash Cam, for a new Harrier and would prefer to hardwire it. Nothing more than 12k and something which has a super capacitor and the app is bug less and easy to use. What would the experts suggest here based on the recent experience?
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 15:35   #4477
BHPian

I am planning to order Wolfbox dual dashcam from Mr Anand. Does anyknoe know a reliable car accessories shop in Pune wherein I can get it installed? The car in question is XUV7OO which does not have a 12V socket at the front.
I will be using sole 12V socket located at the third row of the seats. Don't want to use hardwire kit.

Last edited by StepUP! : 29th May 2023 at 15:38.
Old 29th May 2023, 17:47   #4478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Reading through this thread has left me completely confused
Info change with time as new equipment is released in market. This thread was started long ago. Also everyone has their own preference & budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I am looking at a dual channel Dash Cam, for a new Harrier and would prefer to hardwire it. Nothing more than 12k and something which has a super capacitor and the app is bug less and easy to use. What would the experts suggest here based on the recent experience?
DDPAI Z40 would fit your budget & has good specs. You'll need to buy its hardwire kit separately. All in all should cost you abt 12.5K including hardwire kit.
amitgupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 19:03   #4479
BHPian

there are many Good Dual Dash cam setup available today. Some are made in India some are not.

However based on your requirement of a Super Capacitor instead of a Li-ion battery, i would suggest you to for the DDPAI z40.

My fried uses it though he has not installed the hardwiring kit. the recording quality is good and the app is polished as well.
Old 29th May 2023, 22:23   #4480
BHPian

Hi, need some recommendations for a dual dashcam for our car. I already have one, but it's not doing its job too well, considering its some Chinese unknown brand which was pretty cheap(5k for triple camera- inside, front and rear). The quality seems acceptable, but for some reason I'm not able to review the footage that was captured, the SD card always says that it is unreadable due to a different format being in use.
I was on Amazon searching for dash cams, for some reason dual channel dashcams are 3x how much a single dash cam costs. Any recommendations or websites which sell dash cams for not as much are welcome

Thanks in advance
Old 29th May 2023, 23:41   #4481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechItaliaMoto View Post
Hi, need some recommendations for a dual dashcam for our car. I already have one, but it's not doing its job too well, considering its some Chinese unknown brand which was pretty cheap(5k for triple camera- inside, front and rear). The quality seems acceptable, but for some reason I'm not able to review the footage that was captured, the SD card always says that it is unreadable due to a different format being in use.
I was on Amazon searching for dash cams, for some reason dual channel dashcams are 3x how much a single dash cam costs. Any recommendations or websites which sell dash cams for not as much are welcome

Thanks in advance
I am using the Qubo dashcam pro with dual cam setup. The front cam is 4k and the rear one is full hd. Here is what i have observed:

Pros:
1. considering that its a 4k camera and supports upto 1tb of sd uhxc cards, it is quite affordable at 10.5-12k the price drops during the amazon sales but otherwise it mostly stays around 12k

2. Has basic features like crash detection, jolt detection, timelapse.

3. Comes with the gps kit embedded which works really well.

4. Adas works fine. And you can set up which alerts you want and which you dont. Though it does have some con as well.

5. Supports upto 1tb of sd card.

6. Auto deletes the oldest recording when the card runs out of space.

7. The front camera comes with a suction mount so you can take it off if you want.

8. The data in the sd card is pretty well organised with subfolders for each video category and folders for front and rear cams.

9. Its made in India if that is something that you are looking for.

10. They will give you an additional warranty of 3 months if you share a review on Amazon (if you purchase it from amazon). All i had to do was share the screenshot of my review.

Now coming to the cons:
1. Comes with a lithium ion battery so if you have an outdoor parking which is not covered and then it might be a cause for concern during the summers. Even Bangalore is feeling the heat now a days.

2. The recordings are split at 1 min and not 3 mins unlike some other cameras so you will have a lot of files to manage if you are cleaning up or copying data off your sd card.

3. The app lets you browse through your recordings, download videos and even create timelapses but it does so in 640p and not 4k. If you want the raw 4k footage, then you need to copy the data off the ad card.

4. Adas can be a bit irritating when driving in peak bangalore traffic especially since it will detect every person on a 2 wheeler as a pedestrian. You can turn individual alerts off though from the app.

5. As of now there are no CPL filters available for the qubo cams.

Note:
1. I have not mentioned installation as part of the pros or cons since it is subjective. I personally found the installation process to be pretty easy and it took me some 1.5hour to do it myself on my Altroz.

2. It also has the parking surveillance mode but you would need to get the hardwire kit separately. I donot use this since my parking has cctv coverage and i am not sure how it will impact my battery life.

I would also recommend you to go for the reviews of the DDPAI Z40 it has a super capacitor but is not a 4k cam. I have not used it so i would not be able to provide much info about it.
sarkankur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 06:58   #4482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzechItaliaMoto View Post

Thanks in advance
Considering its one time investment and matters the most when you need it, I have decided to go for Wolfbox. My research says it's very reliable, superb quality product. International reviews corroborate the same.

With hardwire kit prices I received are below. All are super capacitor type. And mirror based.

Wolfbox G900
12 Inches screen size
Front cam - 4k
Rear cam - 2.5k

Price : 23,000₹

Wolfbox G850
12 Inches screen size
Front cam - 4k
Rear cam - 1080p

Price : 20,000₹

Wolfbox G840 H
12 Inches screen size
Front cam - 2.5k
Rear cam - 1080p
Comes with Wifi

Price : 17,700₹

Wolfbox G930
10 Inches screen size
Front cam - 4k
Rear cam - 1080p

Price : 16,800₹

There are conventional non mirror options available too D07 and I07

Last edited by StepUP! : 30th May 2023 at 07:26.
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 10:06   #4483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Considering its one time investment and matters the most when you need it, I have decided to go for Wolfbox. My research says it's very reliable, superb quality product. International reviews corroborate the same.

You should consider i07. It has its own display, and you get a 3 channel dvr for the same price. You can either use it to record in cabin, or you can use it as a dual front cam.
JoaTMoN is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 12:01   #4484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post

Where are you getting these from? Are there any recommended installers for this non mirror options?
Old 30th May 2023, 13:06   #4485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRocks View Post
My DDPAI Mola N3 does not connect to the phone after I upgraded the DDPAI app. The app does not detect the cam at all. I called up the Nexdigitron customer care number which turned out to be a waste of time. They finally asked me to mail the invoice to them for further assistance. Can anyone here help if they faced similar issues after updating the app and if and how the issue was solved? Thanks in advance.
Is the camera's WiFi connecting to your phone alright?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks