Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2014, 22:30   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4k_jz View Post
How did it break?
I had taken out the unit last month during the car service (since the service guys had meddled with it last time). I thought of remounting it last evening and it broke while tightening the camera.

Quote:
You can try feviquick(the last option I join anything with). Do scratch off the araldite first.

Replacing with another mount might be a good option.
Will try feviquick. If it doesn't work out, will have to look for a new mount.
Old 26th July 2014, 13:14   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Never purchased anything from aliexpress. I request you to post pics of the dash cam when you receive it. Also, a video will help in checking the IQ of the cam.

Thanks
Uploaded the video here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3488803
Old 30th July 2014, 16:19   #78

Quote:
Please confirm if this listing is the same as the shenzhen dvr? http://www.ebay.in/itm/NEW-HD-Portab...baaa87e&_uhb=1

This is the cheapest I could find.
I have ordered the same Dash Cam yesterday from the same seller and also ordered an 32GB SDHC card from Flipkart. Both are estimated to be delivered by 01st Aug.

I am not sure if the one bought by bblost is the same, but from the description of the video posted by him, it said "V005 6 LED IR ..." which is the same as the above. The video was pretty satisfactory and I went ahead with it.

If I find the use of this dash cam to be good, I will be getting a true HD one later.

Thanks everyone for their valuable suggestions and feedback.
Old 2nd August 2014, 23:50   #79

Received the cam today
Old 18th September 2014, 14:25   #80
BHPian

After rummaging through various dashcam websites like DashcamTalk, CarcamCentral etc., came to know about a model called G1W-C. This is the brother of G1W thich Techmoan has awarded the best budget dashcam. The difference here is the G1W-C has a capacitor instead of a battery and it is said it is better for use in hot climate like ours.
The price is quite reasonable at ~$55 on Aliexpress, Gearbest etc.
Anybody in the forum has any info on this dashcam.
I has almost finalized the DOD LS400W when I came across this one.
Presently using my mobile as dashcam as a stop gap arrangement.
Thanks.
rajivr1612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2014, 11:24   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Kiran View Post
Received the cam today
Can you please do a small review on the cam, I am planning to buy one but I want to know if these low cost cameras have usable interface. I don't want to end up not capturing what is needed due to some mistakes while configuring.
Old 10th October 2014, 11:03   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Can you please do a small review on the cam, I am planning to buy one but I want to know if these low cost cameras have usable interface. I don't want to end up not capturing what is needed due to some mistakes while configuring.
I am not using it lately, since I removed it while giving my car for servicing. However, I will surely let you know whatever little experience I had with this camera.

I bought an SD card which costs more than half the price of the camera itself. So when you take the whole price into consideration, the price is almost ~4k.

The camera is light and easy to install. You get along with the camera, a battery, suction cup to which the camera can be fixed, a car charger with generous length of cable.

Unlike few, who mentioned above the language on the cam that I received was pre-set to English and was easy to explore the options. The instruction manual also is in English. The suction cup part seems to be quite sturdy as against my expectation and holds well to the windshield.

There are 3/4 Video resolution options and the quality and size of the video are directly proportional to each other. I used VGA and the quality was quite decent.

The battery provided is the same as used in old Nokia phones, but do not expect back up for more than 1 min. Continuous charging is required.

The video is recorded in loops, but there is a small pause or you can say it won't record for few seconds before starting to record the next loop.

I have found a glitch that the cam has a mind of its own and sometimes stops to record. The display which is fold-able, should be kept open and constant monitoring is required, if the video is being recorded or not, which I found as the biggest down side. But hey, you get what you pay for.

Overall, I found the cam to be decent and economical. Can come handy, but I would never rely entirely on it because of the glitch mentioned above. If you are unlucky, it might not record what you want it to record at the time of need.

These are purely my personal opinions after using the cam for few weeks. Thanks for reminding me that I own this cam. I will have to search and reinstall the cam in the car.

Will try to post a sample video after the weekend.
Old 10th October 2014, 11:36   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Kiran View Post
The video is recorded in loops, but there is a small pause or you can say it won't record for few seconds before starting to record the next loop.

I have found a glitch that the cam has a mind of its own and sometimes stops to record. The display which is fold-able, should be kept open and constant monitoring is required, if the video is being recorded or not, which I found as the biggest down side. But hey, you get what you pay for.

I would never rely entirely on it because of the glitch mentioned above. If you are unlucky, it might not record what you want it to record at the time of need.

These are purely my personal opinions after using the cam for few weeks. Thanks for reminding me that I own this cam. I will have to search and reinstall the cam in the car.

Will try to post a sample video after the weekend.
Thanks for the quick and detailed report I am having second thoughts about getting it so might consider the below one instead!

http://www.ebay.in/itm/HD-TFT-Screen...item43cdd0f129

This one seems to have been selling in good numbers in ebay.com(not .in), I would be getting a 32GB card mostly as I don't want the cam to constantly run out of memory! BTW what's a TF card One good reason for getting dash cam is due to exponential in performance bikes these days, traffic condition too is getting worst in chennai.
Old 16th October 2014, 11:16   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
After rummaging through various dashcam websites like DashcamTalk, CarcamCentral etc., came to know about a model called G1W-C. This is the brother of G1W thich Techmoan has awarded the best budget dashcam. The difference here is the G1W-C has a capacitor instead of a battery and it is said it is better for use in hot climate like ours.
The price is quite reasonable at ~$55 on Aliexpress, Gearbest etc.
Anybody in the forum has any info on this dashcam.
I has almost finalized the DOD LS400W when I came across this one.
Presently using my mobile as dashcam as a stop gap arrangement.
Thanks.
Thanks for this post. Just purchased a G1W-C yesterday from Aliexpress. The recording quality looks pretty good for $60, much better than the DOD. Hope to receive it within a month.
prateekm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 12:03   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Thanks for this post. Just purchased a G1W-C yesterday from Aliexpress. The recording quality looks pretty good for $60, much better than the DOD. Hope to receive it within a month.
Nice to know that my post helped you. I am still sitting on the fence. G1W-C is now available on ebay.in also at Rs.7000/- but it will be shipped from US. Also on amazon.in Transcend DrivePro200 is available for about Rs.10,000/-. Next day delivery available. I am keeping this one too on my radar.
Old 16th October 2014, 12:14   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Nice to know that my post helped you. I am still sitting on the fence. G1W-C is now available on ebay.in also at Rs.7000/- but it will be shipped from US. Also on amazon.in Transcend DrivePro200 is available for about Rs.10,000/-. Next day delivery available. I am keeping this one too on my radar.
Why pay 3k more for the same product? I got it for 3.9k. Might also pick up a SJ4000 in a couple of months.
Old 20th October 2014, 10:16   #87
BHPian

Just now ordered Transcend DrivePro 200 from Amazon.in.
Price Rs.9888/-. Opted for COD.
Delivery expected by next week.
Old 14th November 2014, 11:50   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just now ordered Transcend DrivePro 200 from Amazon.in...
Any reviews, Sir?

How is it different that DrivePro 100? DP 100 is A-fulfilled, but DP 200 is not on amazon.in

tia,

-BJ
Old 14th November 2014, 11:57   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Just now ordered Transcend DrivePro 200 from Amazon.in.
Price Rs.9888/-. Opted for COD.
Delivery expected by next week.
Hi, after order confirmation I waited for a whole week for it to be shipped. But it didn't happen. The seller from Pune then called me to inform that DP200 is not in stock and only DP100 is available.
He told me I will be informed once it is in stock and upon his request cancelled the order.
Still waiting for any information from seller.
Meanwhile DP100 is selling for same price that I had ordered DP200 for.
Sorry for not updating the thread earlier.
Old 21st November 2014, 22:20   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post

Any reviews, Sir?

How is it different that DrivePro 100? DP 100 is A-fulfilled, but DP 200 is not on amazon.in

tia,

-BJ
Quote:

Hi, after order confirmation I waited for a whole week for it to be shipped. But it didn't happen. The seller from Pune then called me to inform that DP200 is not in stock and only DP100 is available.
He told me I will be informed once it is in stock and upon his request cancelled the order.
Still waiting for any information from seller.
Meanwhile DP100 is selling for same price that I had ordered DP200 for.
Sorry for not updating the thread earlier.
DP200 is back in stock on Amazon.in.
Ordered one right away.
Hope this one goes through.
Fingers crossed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks