Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2024, 20:08   #5206
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCo_neOz View Post
Did you also get to see the reviews of night time driving for these two? If so , please share the details as I’m also looking for one in the market and A229 plus seems to tick the box, though they are on a higher price point.
I had checked few reviews of these camera's on Youtube. Night Time recording was decent but not as great as dash cams with Sony Starvis 2 processor.

Having said that, dash cams with Starvis 2 are priced out of my budget and thus I am considering the ones I mentioned in my earlier post.

Out of these, I have decided to go ahead with RedTiger FN7T and have ordered same from Amazon. My SA was kind enough and has agreed to install it at dealership. Thus, will be getting that installed during upcoming week.

Last edited by Axe77 : 20th April 2024 at 20:22.
F1amit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2024, 20:25   #5207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
Out of these, I have decided to go ahead with RedTiger FN7T and have ordered same from Amazon. My SA was kind enough and has agreed to install it at dealership. Thus, will be getting that installed during upcoming week.
Can help share what was the deciding factor ? Glad to know your SA was helpful in this regard. Mine bluntly denied my request stating they would not install any 3rd party accessories.
Please also share your post installation pictures and review
Old 21st April 2024, 11:37   #5208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCo_neOz View Post
Can help share what was the deciding factor ? Glad to know your SA was helpful in this regard. Mine bluntly denied my request stating they would not install any 3rd party accessories.
Please also share your post installation pictures and review
I will take pictures during installation. One thing to clarify is I am not hardwiring dash cam because of warranty concerns and not in dire need of parking surveillance as parking spots in my society has adequate security and camera's. Thus I am going ahead with 12 V socket connection for dash cam at least for now.

Regarding deciding factors, when I looked at reviews for DDPAI N5 Dual and Redtiger F7N online as well as some you tube videos, I personally felt these are at part with each other. I was looking at 4K dash cam for front and front & rear resolution for both appeared to be at par.
N5 also has internal 32 GB eMMC storage which I did not see in Redtiger cam.
However I thought Redtiger has advantage of built in screen while N5 doesn't.

Based on my experience with 2 dash cams in US, I preferred dash cam having built in screen and so decided on F7N. Also considering F7N and F7NT had marginal difference in price (at time of purchase, it was around Rs. 700/- but that gap has increased a bit now), I opted for F7NT.
F1amit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 10:05   #5209
Distinguished - BHPian

Met this idiot on a curve early morning. Lowered my window to wish him 'Good Morning':

saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 11:23   #5210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
I spoke with Vijay earlier today and have placed an Order this same Dashcam from the Viofo website for my Seltos. Should be delivered on Monday. Have you bought CPL Filter as well? Which Memory Card have you opted for? I will most likely be going for SanDisk Extreme 256 GB.

Surprising but Good that the KIA Service Center agreed to install after market Dashcam. Different Dealers operate by their own rules. From where is the wire routed for the Rear Dashcam?
Appreciate if you could also post a couple of pics of Front and Rear Dashcam placement.
Yeah I have got the CPL filter as well, and got Sandisk Extreme 256GB.

A cable from rear dashcam needs to be connected to front one. So it is routed from the front the front dashcam itself.

A couple of pics for your reference:
The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-20240422_103545.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-20240422_103601.jpg
Old 22nd April 2024, 14:26   #5211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalnadMansha View Post

A cable from rear dashcam needs to be connected to front one. So it is routed from the front the front dashcam itself.
Thanks. I meant to ask, is the Cable from Front to Rear Dashcam routed through the A/B Pillar at the top, which also houses the Airbags or is it via the Floor?
Old 22nd April 2024, 16:44   #5212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_trikha View Post
Hello Folks !

I am on lookout for a 2 channel 4K Dashcam for my XUV700 at Delhi and zeroed down on two options

VIOFO A229 Plus
https://amzn.in/d/aCcMLZE

70mai A810
https://amzn.in/d/jaapzqx

Both seem to have same Starvis 2 sensor ,my desktop research is positive for both but Viofo has more fans and better rating ,though on paper 70mai A810 is a better value for money buy.

Would love to have suggestions from forum members ,my requirements within budget of 25K are

1.Required to clearly read number plates
2.Super Capacitor based
3.Parking surveillance required and clean OBD hardwiring kit is a necessity.
4.ADAS not required ,if present no issues.

Additionally ,would love to know any trusted Dealer/Installer around Delhi-NCR region.
Hello Himanshu,

Which Dashcam did you install in your XUV 700 ? Mine is XUV 700 AX5, which has only USB A in the front and a 12V power socket in the 3rd row.
Old 22nd April 2024, 17:08   #5213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
Hello Himanshu,

Which Dashcam did you install in your XUV 700 ? Mine is XUV 700 AX5, which has only USB A in the front and a 12V power socket in the 3rd row.
I am yet to install that ,trying to get a lead on choice of model and a trusted installer.
himanshu_trikha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2024, 23:19   #5214
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Hey all,

I have just bought a Kia Seltos X-Line and now after a front+rear dashcam. I have been strictly told by one of the Kia dealers to not hardwire the dashcam as it can result in a warranty dispute (by Kia) and even an insurance dispute as they can save that you have not used an OEM product and that is the cause of the problem.

They suggested going for a 12V socket to get the power, not even the OBD kit.

I was thinking of going for a hardwired kit to have parking assist monitoring :( and now a little scared.
Old 23rd April 2024, 07:14   #5215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikeva027 View Post
Hey all,

I have been strictly told by one of the Kia dealers to not hardwire the dashcam as it can result in a warranty dispute (by Kia) and even an insurance dispute as they can save that you have not used an OEM product and that is the cause of the problem.
Don't they all say that? As far as I know, as long as you don't splice existing wires, you're fine. My Isuzu dealer told me I can cut any wires and connect any accessory I want, and that won't affect the warranty.

I don't think insurance people will check for non OEM additions during a claim either.
Old 23rd April 2024, 15:04   #5216
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I'm looking for a dash cam and have following requirements.

1. It should run on Powerbank.
2. It should be capable of 24hrs continuous recording.

Any suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks