Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2013, 09:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
I received my unit.. Its kind of cool and does the work. By the way it doubles up as PC camera as well and has zoom functionality too. I am kind of impressed with the chota pocket rocket.

Having said that here is how you set the date on the unit..

After setting the language to English (it was kinda complex to me.. took me 30 mins to figure out which menu works)
Go to this menu
Attachment 1069996

Then this click down to select and click rec/snap to select the choice

Attachment 1069995

Click on the rec/snap button to move around and up/down to set the date and time..

Attachment 1069994[

Rejoice

EDIT: How long does it take to charge the inbuilt battery if any ?
BTW i forgot to mention how to get to that menu above? Press Menu twice. Scroll down.

Ah.. the mere settings doesn't work with this device. When the device powers off and powers on back, the Date and Time are reset back to original :P

Now how to correct this so that the date and time are persistent ?

Connect the SD card to the computer,

1. Connect the SDCard to computer.
2. Go to the root drive (usually “F”).
3. Create a text file called “time.txt”.
4. Open the document and enter the date and time information as follows, using the correct date and time:

DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS

5. Save this document.
6. Connect the SDCard to the dashcam.
6. Turn the dashcam on. Once this is done, the correct date and time will be saved to your next video file.

"However, you may want to correct the date and time again on the dashcam via menu should you take the sdcard and insert it into dash cam an hr later . So, time it within 30 secs of saving the file and inserting it back into dashcam and powering it on "

NOTE: You may have to set the date/time again if you ever need to press the reset button or format the sdcard.

Last edited by Rahulk76 : 7th April 2013 at 09:20.
Rahulk76 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2013, 17:58   #17
BHPian

I just saw something similar, but on half the price on eBay US.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4-TFT-LCD-...-/130890139637

When logged on, it shows "FREE Economy Int'l Shipping" which means that effectively this would cost maximum around INR 850/-

Shall I go for it?
Old 29th June 2013, 22:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Charger running from a 12V 3 Way (+USB) cigarette lighter charger adapter - picked this up for Rs.350
Sir, slightly off topic. I was planning to buy a similar 3 way adaptor since I already have a GPS unit and I want to use a DVR as well. Does this adaptor cause any overloading on the electrical system and is safe to use? Thanks.
Old 30th June 2013, 16:04   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
I just saw something similar, but on half the price on eBay US.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-4-TFT-LCD-...-/130890139637

When logged on, it shows "FREE Economy Int'l Shipping" which means that effectively this would cost maximum around INR 850/-

Shall I go for it?
Seems like a good deal. Still available?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Sir, slightly off topic. I was planning to buy a similar 3 way adaptor since I already have a GPS unit and I want to use a DVR as well. Does this adaptor cause any overloading on the electrical system and is safe to use? Thanks.
Will depend on the load you connect. The power socket usually has a 15A fuse from the factory - if you manage to overdraw current beyond this, you'll simply blow the fuse. Don't use a higher rating fuse to replace (reduce the load instead), and you should be safe.

I've used it to charge 3 phones at a time as well as plug in the camera, and I haven't had a blown fuse.
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2013, 16:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Seems like a good deal. Still available?
Should be, please check the listing. Have also come across a listing on eBay: http://www.ebay.in/itm/271217162526?...#ht_3332wt_906 This one is indeed available.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 12:48   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice review there SST! Your video on the accidents thread brought me here. Actually even I am on the lookout for a dash cam, but as rightly pointed out by you, good ones nearly cost 8-10k. I would ideally not want to spend more than 4-5k on it.

As a minimum req., I want the registration numbers of vehicles which are immediately ahead of me to be clear, legible at least. Still undecided on which one to take, as there are just too many options out there and not as many reviews/tests!
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 17:56   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Nice review there SST! Your video on the accidents thread brought me here. Actually even I am on the lookout for a dash cam, but as rightly pointed out by you, good ones nearly cost 8-10k. I would ideally not want to spend more than 4-5k on it.

As a minimum req., I want the registration numbers of vehicles which are immediately ahead of me to be clear, legible at least. Still undecided on which one to take, as there are just too many options out there and not as many reviews/tests!
Hi dryice, even I checked out lots of DVR on the net but as you said the better ones comes at a fat price. So for the time being I have downloaded an android app called Dailyroads Voyager which does pretty much the same thing. Its a free app, no ads and has got plenty of options. Have not tried it yet on any drives since I have to buy a mobile holder for the same. Try it if you already have a smartphone.
rajivr1612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 08:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

question - I heard that the footage from dashcams are not accepted as evidence in indian courts. Can somebody (preferably with a legal or insurance background) confirm or deny this
Old 6th October 2013, 11:30   #24
BHPian

Ordered a Chinese dash cam today from ebay and hoping to receive in 14 days. I had checked the review on YouTube and it was worth the price: INR 1399 plus 3% surcharge. Ebay URL: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221290317664...84.m1497.l2649
vinu99@gmail.co is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2013, 22:32   #25
BHPian

How come I missed this thread! The review and product is very useful. I searched all around before ordering this from AliExpress -

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/270437354.html

This has not been shipped for last 2 weeks and awaiting shipment. Will share my review soon (if I receive this)
Old 7th October 2013, 07:03   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu99@gmail.co View Post
Ordered a Chinese dash cam today from ebay and hoping to receive in 14 days.
Thanks, looks good. Bought the same one :-). Let us know if you get yours along with a quick unboxing.
Old 13th October 2013, 19:31   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Hi dryice, even I checked ,.........So for the time being I have downloaded an android app called Dailyroads Voyager which does pretty much the same thing. Its a free app, no ads and has got plenty of options. Have not tried it yet on any drives since I have to buy a mobile holder for the same. Try it if you already have a smartphone.
Hi Rajiv, Have you started to use the dailyroads voyager? I installed it in my phone, but the overlay data like GPS,time etc are not copied when I transfer the video to PC. Any leads on the same?
ontheroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 20:47   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Hi Rajiv, Have you started to use the dailyroads voyager? I installed it in my phone, but the overlay data like GPS,time etc are not copied when I transfer the video to PC. Any leads on the same?
Hi, same here. Am using the free version. Don't know whether it's part of the paid version. But I am not happy with the night recording in my phone. So I will be buying a dedicated DVR.
rajivr1612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2013, 11:49   #29
Team-BHP Support

How do you protect the DVR when parking under the hot sun for a couple of hours?
Old 18th October 2013, 14:48   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu99@gmail.co View Post
Ordered a Chinese dash cam today from ebay and hoping to receive in 14 days. I had checked the review on YouTube and it was worth the price: INR 1399 plus 3% surcharge. Ebay URL: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221290317664...84.m1497.l2649
Hi, did you receive it at all? I also ordered, paid via PayPal and item was shipped too. However received an email today saying that the item has been removed by eBay Trust team.

Assuming that I will be refunded by eBay. Do let me know about your experience!

BR,
Itwasntme

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks