Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2014, 13:39   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

I got this one from snapdeal. But due to my immense foresight(!), forgot to order the SD Card - shall get one and post the review soon. Not expecting too much though!

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/enem...-and/519260629
Old 18th April 2014, 22:17   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post

During the discussion and installation, I asked my friend if he is able to extend a discount to TeamBhp members and he has agreed to do so. If anyone is interested, please contact Roshan on +919731987218 for more details.
Your post was a ray of hope. A dash cam seller from India. Was interested in LS400W and saw a YouTube review of the same. The video quality both day and night is good. Called up Rohan and got to know that the said model costs 15,000 INR. Out of bounds for me. I was considering SJ1000, but the thing I am worried about is shipping delays, customs issues etc.
I think now I have to go with SJ1000.
Old 18th April 2014, 22:52   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
I got this one from snapdeal. But due to my immense foresight(!), forgot to order the SD Card - shall get one and post the review soon. Not expecting too much though!

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/enem...-and/519260629
I have bought this last month and its pretty decent for that price. I have observed that it does not introduce noise in the video due to the shakes. Stays stable at all kind of roads even in night mode. I still haven't figured out how to change the date and time. The menu is quite annoying. The video lags a bit if the resolution is set to SVGA. Works well with QVGA and VGA. The camera mode works best if set to 5 MP. I'll upload some videos when time permits and share it here.
Old 19th April 2014, 01:40   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
I have bought this last month and its pretty decent for that price. I have observed that it does not introduce noise in the video due to the shakes. Stays stable at all kind of roads even in night mode. I still haven't figured out how to change the date and time. The menu is quite annoying. The video lags a bit if the resolution is set to SVGA. Works well with QVGA and VGA. The camera mode works best if set to 5 MP. I'll upload some videos when time permits and share it here.
The menu is indeed annoying, but I have successfully changed date/time.

The date/time option is in the 2nd menu.
Once you reach that option, click the 'record' button and choose 'set'. You should enter into the menu where you can see date format, date and time in 3 lines.
In here, the up/down buttons change the value, and pressing the record button after that 'sets' the value and highlights the next value.
Repeat this for each field (date format, year, month,day, hour, min), and date / time should be set.
Pulling the battery out resets the date / time.
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 11:17   #65
Team-BHP Support

The same camera was used to record this boring long video of driving down the 36 hairpin bends in Ooty-Masinagudi.

@blackasta: Thanks for the time setting tip. Will do it on my way back home.
Old 23rd July 2014, 14:22   #66
BHPian

Please confirm if this listing is the same as the shenzhen dvr? http://www.ebay.in/itm/NEW-HD-Portab...baaa87e&_uhb=1

This is the cheapest I could find.
Old 23rd July 2014, 14:40   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4k_jz View Post
Please confirm if this listing is the same as the shenzhen dvr? http://www.ebay.in/itm/NEW-HD-Portab...baaa87e&_uhb=1

This is the cheapest I could find.
I have ordered the same thing this week. Should be getting it in couple of days. I found a cheaper option:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-2...794354992.html

But since there's a delay in getting the product, I decided to go with the ebay seller.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 20:29   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
I have ordered the same thing this week. Should be getting it in couple of days. I found a cheaper option:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-2...794354992.html

But since there's a delay in getting the product, I decided to go with the ebay seller.
Never purchased anything from aliexpress. I request you to post pics of the dash cam when you receive it. Also, a video will help in checking the IQ of the cam.

Thanks
Old 23rd July 2014, 22:25   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Never purchased anything from aliexpress. I request you to post pics of the dash cam when you receive it. Also, a video will help in checking the IQ of the cam.

Thanks
Shall post the video and pics this weekend. Expecting to receive the package on friday. Since the package is without the SD card, I had to purchase it from another seller.
Old 25th July 2014, 01:21   #70
Senior - BHPian

All these days I had been using a paid app on the iOS but a phone app has its own set of disadvantages when used as a full time DVR.

Ordered a DOD LS430W through amazon. Will post more updates once I receive the product.
Old 25th July 2014, 09:05   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
Got the DVR yesterday. Pretty good for the price. Havent installed the SD card. Shall post some videos this weekend. Here are some pics:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3487717
Old 25th July 2014, 09:35   #72
Senior - BHPian

The ring which is used to tighten the camera to the holder broke yesterday. Looks like its made up of very delicate quality. I fixed the ring using Araldite but it gave up this morning while driving. No idea what to do with it now.
Old 25th July 2014, 11:01   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
The ring which is used to tighten the camera to the holder broke yesterday. Looks like its made up of very delicate quality. I fixed the ring using Araldite but it gave up this morning while driving. No idea what to do with it now.
Can you post a pic of this "ring"?
Old 25th July 2014, 11:37   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Can you post a pic of this "ring"?
This is the broken ring due to which I'm unable to tighten the camera onto the holder.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img20140725wa0004.jpg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-img20140725wa0005.jpg
Old 25th July 2014, 16:10   #75
BHPian

[quote=guyfrmblr;3487869]This is the broken ring due to which I'm unable to tighten the camera onto the holder.

Attachment 1266350

How did it break?
You can try feviquick(the last option I join anything with). Do scratch off the araldite first.
Replacing with another mount might be a good option. http://www.ebay.in/itm/Windshield-Wi...9e468c5&_uhb=1
If the mount part on the camera is fasten by bolt, it could be replaced by the above.
4k_jz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks