Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2019, 12:49   #2746
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadakkus View Post
That they are permanently fixed and that their mobile apps appear have a lot of problems
VIOFO is maybe the only Chinese dashcam with an android app that doesn't ask for unnecessary permissions. Their app layout is clean and everything works properly.

Last edited by Sankar : 2nd September 2019 at 13:00.
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2019, 16:38   #2747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
2. Bluskysea B1W - Rs. 4755.60
I almost finalized Blueskysea B1W WiFi Mini Dash Cam and was about to order this on Amazon. But, that's when I noticed the cable is not detachable from the power adapter for 12v socket. Since I usually have a pen drive connected to USB port, with this dashcam attached to 12v port also, I will be left with no port to charge my mobile phone in my Ciaz during long drives requiring mobile for navigation. (There is another port in the rear, but it's not practical to charge my phone kept in the mobile holder on windscreen)

On the other hand, some models like Aukey (https://www.amazon.in/Wide-Angle-Das...dp/B072FGL63X/) has 4m detachable cable which connects to the adapter via USB port (similar to mobile chargers). Moreover, the adapter also has an additional USB port for mobile charging too. But this model costs double and doesn't have WiFi support. If WiFi support also was available, I wouldn't mind paying that cost for the quality & features they provide.

Is there any other model with power cable & adapter similar to this so that I will be still left with a port for mobile charging? (Btw, I already have a 12v mobile charger with 2USB ports. So, any cam with USB as power source also satisfy my needs.)
Old 2nd September 2019, 18:18   #2748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
I almost finalized Blueskysea B1W WiFi Mini Dash Cam and was about to order this on Amazon. But, that's when I noticed the cable is not detachable from the power adapter for 12v socket. Since I usually have a pen drive connected to USB port, with this dashcam attached to 12v port also, I will be left with no port to charge my mobile phone in my Ciaz during long drives requiring mobile for navigation. (There is another port in the rear, but it's not practical to charge my phone kept in the mobile holder on windscreen)

On the other hand, some models like Aukey (https://www.amazon.in/Wide-Angle-Das...dp/B072FGL63X/) has 4m detachable cable which connects to the adapter via USB port (similar to mobile chargers). Moreover, the adapter also has an additional USB port for mobile charging too. But this model costs double and doesn't have WiFi support. If WiFi support also was available, I wouldn't mind paying that cost for the quality & features they provide.

Is there any other model with power cable & adapter similar to this so that I will be still left with a port for mobile charging? (Btw, I already have a 12v mobile charger with 2USB ports. So, any cam with USB as power source also satisfy my needs.)
Why don't you buy a car cigarette lighter adapter splitter from Amazon, won't that solve your problem.
Old 5th September 2019, 13:53   #2749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Why don't you buy a car cigarette lighter adapter splitter from Amazon, won't that solve your problem.
First of all, I was not aware there exists an accessory lighter adapter splitter with 12v port as output

After searching for that in Amazon, it seems many of those cannot fit in my Car in the space available. The ones with cable in between can fit but will freely move around which may not be ideal solution. Apart from that, they also seem to be somewhat costly Rs.800-2000.

Another silly question. When we use such splitters, will the voltage/current (whichever gets halved) sufficient to power Dash-cam?

Btw, I already have a lighter adapter splitter with 2 USB ports as output & that's another reason to ask for Dashcams which are powered from USB port.
Old 5th September 2019, 14:48   #2750
BHPian

Hi all, I'm planning to get 2 dash cams for the front and rear of my car.

I would just like to know from those that own Transcend cams. How are your cams working? Would you recommend picking up a Transcend DP230? DP220 and DP200 are not showing up on Amazon India.

Also for those that have the 70Mai cams, would you recommend it? Does it connect decently with an iPhone for checking of any videos?
Old 5th September 2019, 19:45   #2751
Senior - BHPian

My DP220 is 5 years old, and if it were to fail - I'd buy another. It's very reliable, nothing goes wrong at all. Only draw back is that since mine is old, its not taking the 128GB memory card. However the last models did take bigger cards. You get it in Singapore and Dubai markets now. See if you can source one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilthegunner View Post
I would just like to know from those that own Transcend cams. How are your cams working? Would you recommend picking up a Transcend DP230?
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2019, 21:51   #2752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Just wanted to notify DDPai users that the DDPai Android app has a malware.
Hey did you raise this with play-store and / or the developer ? If so is there any progress on fixing this.
Old 5th September 2019, 22:27   #2753
BHPian

Quote:
Another silly question. When we use such splitters, will the voltage/current (whichever gets halved) sufficient to power Dash-cam?
Circuit works in parallel, so both should drain same amount of current. The question is, whether the original source wiring can handle extra power, because double amount of power will pass through it (provided the loads).
nishp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 11:46   #2754

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadakkus View Post
Hi BHP-ians,

I am in need of a dashcam, and unfortunately have not been able to make a decision. Believe me, I went through this entire thread! I would be very grateful if someone could help me out here?

Requirements:[list][*]The usual: HD+, USB-powered, night mode, 30FPS, 140 deg+ angle etc.[*]Capacitor power: Don't want to take chances with battery leakage given the Kerala summers[*]Small and discreet - No screen[*]Removeable SD card[*]Wifi/Bluetooth[*]Decent mobile app support[*]No need for any bells and whistles like timelapse, lane departure etc.

~vadakkus
I would suggest you to also check out Bluskysea B1W,it ticks all your boxes and its also light on pocket.
Old 6th September 2019, 12:01   #2755
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I already have a lighter adapter splitter with 2 USB ports as output & that's another reason to ask for Dashcams which are powered from USB port.
You can get a longer (2 or 4m) micro USB cable and use it with the available charger. But make sure the current output is in-line with the dashcam requirement.

Other (best) option is to go for hard wiring.
Old 6th September 2019, 16:17   #2756
BHPian

To be honest, I don’t quite get the fuss about dash cams. I tried to reason what I needed in a cam and realised, it should store clips immediately and after the event. Then came the thought about hardwiring which I’m not comfy travel with considering I use multiple cars. Doesn’t make sense investing in 4-5 dash cams. The solution was to use NEXAR app on my iOS . Does the job extremely well, stores clips on the cloud, has AI built in. Yes, it drains the battery of my iPhone, but then I keep charging it while I drive. To each his own, but I still don’t get why anyone would want to invest in a hardware?
akshays is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 18:12   #2757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshays View Post
To be honest, I don’t quite get the fuss about dash cams. I tried to reason what I needed in a cam and realised, it should store clips immediately and after the event. Then came the thought about hardwiring which I’m not comfy travel with considering I use multiple cars. Doesn’t make sense investing in 4-5 dash cams. The solution was to use NEXAR app on my iOS . Does the job extremely well, stores clips on the cloud, has AI built in. Yes, it drains the battery of my iPhone, but then I keep charging it while I drive. To each his own, but I still don’t get why anyone would want to invest in a hardware?

Well, you have an unique requirement that you drive 4-5 cars frequently. Most others drive a single car or 2 cars at most frequently and having a fixed dashcam is helpful.

Dash cam's advantage over using your smartphone is that it is 'set it and forget'. I don't have to remember to put my phone on holder and open the app every time I start to drive. Also keeping smartphones on charge continuously degrades its battery heavily but not really a factor if you have it on charge continuously anyway.

For me, advantage of using dash cam is just obvious because of above reasons.
Yieldway17 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 18:36   #2758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Well, you have an unique requirement that you drive 4-5 cars frequently.
=======
For me, advantage of using dash cam is just obvious because of above reasons.

Point well taken. Well, I didn't mean to count the vehicles, but I meant for owners of multiple cars 2 or more. Probably I'm quite a fan of the jugaad. Initially I used to record videos while driving and delete them immediately till I found Nexar. Btw I do not work for them nor do I get any benefit, but just happy using it. I suggest give it a shot. Since you have dash cams installed, it would be a good idea for you to provide a comparo , this in my view would be the picture between an app and a dashcam.
Old 7th September 2019, 11:44   #2759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
Hey did you raise this with play-store and / or the developer ? If so is there any progress on fixing this.
Yes I did report this on their PlayStore page. Not sure if they intend to fix this, as the app's developers seem to be working from their individual solitary confinements isolated from the rest of the world

BTW, this malware is no serious threat. It's okay to have it
Old 7th September 2019, 13:47   #2760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Just wanted to notify DDPai users that the DDPai Android app has a malware.
Could be a false alarm. Generally Riskware only means "there is some funny stuff in here that you need to be aware of, caveat emptor". In this case the risk is that the app can send SMS messages using the Beecloud system. Is that a legitimate use-case for this app?

Beecloud seems to be a legitimate payment software provider whose website unfortunately is in Chinese.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks