Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2019, 18:12   #2761
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshays View Post
To each his own, but I still don’t get why anyone would want to invest in a hardware?
Can you share a picture of your setup? The major issue with using the phone as a dashcam is the heat from sunlight (others being the software and space). Does your phone not get hot in the daytime?

Last edited by samaspire : 7th September 2019 at 18:14.
Old 10th September 2019, 15:07   #2762
BHPian

Hello Guys,
Looking for recommendation for a dash cam for my Hyundai Creta in the 4-5k Range.
Not looking for anything expensive, just a cam with reasonably good quality video and low light performance, preferably with a build in screen and playback when needed.
Would not want to buy from AliExpress or similar as I need it in a few days time.

Thanks in Advance!
Old 10th September 2019, 20:40   #2763
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishan12 View Post
Hello Guys,
Looking for recommendation for a dash cam ... in the 4-5k Range.
Not looking for anything expensive, just a cam with reasonably good quality video and low light performance, preferably with a build in screen and playback when needed.
Would not want to buy from AliExpress or similar as I need it in a few days time.
Amazon.in has the 70mai at Rs.4240 (https://www.amazon.in/70mai-VoiceCon.../dp/B07HN3TVJR). Rated to be one of the best low-price dashcams on the market. You can probably get it on AliExpress for Rs.2500 to Rs.2700, but the wait would be for 3-4 weeks.
SS-Traveller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 11:47   #2764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Amazon.in has the 70mai at Rs.4240 (https://www.amazon.in/70mai-VoiceCon.../dp/B07HN3TVJR). Rated to be one of the best low-price dashcams on the market. You can probably get it on AliExpress for Rs.2500 to Rs.2700, but the wait would be for 3-4 weeks.

Thanks for the suggestion!
I am now confused between 70mai Xiaomi and Blueskysea B1W, both in the similar price range. Any idea which one is better? Going to order one of them by tomorrow.
ishan12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 22:24   #2765
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am now confused between 70mai Xiaomi and Blueskysea B1W, both in the similar price range. Any idea which one is better? Going to order one of them by tomorrow.
Never seen reviews of, or used, the B1W, but I have 2 units of the 70mai since over a year, and both are working well. Reviews also indicate that these are built to last.
SS-Traveller is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 06:15   #2766
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
I have ordered viofo 129 duo IR from AliExpress on 26th. There is sale going on and I think I got good discounts. 182.62$ for dashcam + all accessories + 128GB viofo memory card. Let's see how much time it takes to arrive.
The dashcam was delivered yesterday. Pretty quick I think. The seller has declared the value to be 25$ himself. And I somehow got lucky with zero import duty. Will test the dashcam over the weekend.
Old 12th September 2019, 08:25   #2767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Reviews also indicate that these are built to last.
Dear Sir,

I have seen reviews in Amazon.in and it says for 1 sec it needs 90-100 Mb. So far 64 GB memory card it will save approx. 10 minutes video.

As this comes with loop cycle recording, so at the end of the day I will have only last 10 minutes video.

confirm my understanding is correct or not?
Old 12th September 2019, 09:11   #2768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
I have seen reviews in Amazon.in and it says for 1 sec it needs 90-100 Mb.
please confirm my understanding is correct or not?
Please refer to this post:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post4374685 (The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread)
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 12:20   #2769
BHPian

Quote:
I have the b1w camera since past 9 months and its working well. I was in the same confusion when buying and went for B1W only becasue it does not have a battery and is very discreet and i was kinda apprehensive of batteries and the heat in delhi as cheap batteries don't take too kindly to excess heat. I believe the 70mai has a slightly better camera quality ( but same cam sensor in both) though was lil more expensive then. You can search previous posts here and you will find a sample video from B1W as well.

Last edited by Mr. Nobody : 12th September 2019 at 12:24.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 21:33   #2770
BHPian

I have brought 70MAI dashcam for my ecosport. This is my second dashcam, the first one is installed on our Duster. With the duster, I could run the wire across the side beading and upto the rear passenger left door to connect it to the 12V socket at near the rear parcel tray.

I don't like wires dangling around. Especially at the front windscreen. I'm looking for a way to route this in my ecosport. Even the secondary 12V socket is near the rear passenger door.

Has someone tried to route the cable in Ecosport. I have Titanium S. It has curtain airbags, so slightly skeptic on running the wires via side roof board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
I've recently installed the 70Mai Pro Smart Dash Cam on my EcoSport. I am facing a big issue with light reflection onto the windshield in all the recorded videos especially during day time which affects almost 30% of the view from the bottom towards the center of the view in all recorded videos. EcoSport Dash is shiny plastic and reflects light too much during day time. There are two possible solutions I found :

Have you hardwired it or connecting it via the 12V socket. I am looking for a solution which allows me to hide the wires.

Last edited by ampere : 17th September 2019 at 22:04. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 19th September 2019, 00:20   #2771
RMN
BHPian

I've been using the 70MAI dashcam along with the GPS attachment for a month now in my Freestyle. Very happy with its performance so far. The parking mode and even the Collision warning works quite well! The android app is well laid out and stable, no crashes yet!

I had to pay a duty of 1.2k and it is still worth it.
RMN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 09:30   #2772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMN View Post

I had to pay a duty of 1.2k and it is still worth it.
Which model did you buy exactly? Including duty, how much was the landed cost?
Old 19th September 2019, 23:30   #2773
RMN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Which model did you buy exactly? Including duty, how much was the landed cost?
The Model is DashCam Pro. Rs 4907 for the camera & the GPS attachment, Rs 1200 for duty.
Old 22nd September 2019, 11:21   #2774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukanta73 View Post
Dear Sir,

I have seen reviews in Amazon.in and it says for 1 sec it needs 90-100 Mb. So far 64 GB memory card it will save approx. 10 minutes video.

As this comes with loop cycle recording, so at the end of the day I will have only last 10 minutes video.

confirm my understanding is correct or not?
You must have mistaken the data transfer rate for file size. My DDPAI mini 3 records at a higher than HD+ 1600p resolution and it takes 120mb per 1 minute 18 second clip. The inbuilt storage is 32 GB. It gives almost 4 hours of video with sound. More if I select lower resolution and disable sound. All recorders use MP4 AVC based codecs to real-time encode the video. So the file size will not vary much regardless of the brand. It will depend on the resolution that you select. With your 64gb I would say you should be getting around 8 hrs of video in HD quality. After which it will start over writing the oldest file.
keith2524 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 13:57   #2775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith2524 View Post
So the file size will not vary much regardless of the brand. It will depend on the resolution that you select. With your 64gb I would say you should be getting around 8 hrs of video in HD quality. After which it will start over writing the oldest file.
I have a 64GB card in my Viofo A119. At 1080p, I get around 8 hours of recording but at 1440p, recording time reduces to around 5.5 hours.

Last edited by airbus : 22nd September 2019 at 13:58.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed