Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2022, 18:38   #3991
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Hello BHPians,

I recently acquired a DDPAI mini and installed it on my Hyundai Creta via hardwiring kit.

I was reviewing the footage casually and noticed following two critical flaws in it’s recording:
  1. The video loses 3 seconds of video recording when emergency mode is activated. There was an undulation in the road surface that led to emergency mode being activated(sensitivity set to low). Refer to the attached video timeframe 00:00:15.
  2. The video loses a couple of frames once in a while. Refer attached video timeframe 00:00:09

Images captured when emergency mode is activated:

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-4790614d64ef4bfbb150f4e561f596d8.jpeg

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-99686b4a880b428fbd6f2f135e05a166.jpeg

Can someone using DDPAI mini confirm if they face similar behaviour and if there’s a solution to this apart from disabling emergency mode altogether which is currently set to low sensitivity.

I’m a bit concerned by the missing recording since the most critical 2-3 seconds that are needed are actually not being recorded by the dashcam which beats the very purpose of installing dashcam in the first place.
sarav100 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 10:47   #3992
BHPian

Guys,
I have a budget of around 15k (slightly stretchable).
I do tend to have a GoPro Hero 8Black but I wasn't sure if it will serve that purpose of automatically working as Dashcam for front.

Requirements:
-Front + Rear Recording 1080p.
-Good low-light visibility (preferably wider aperture).
-GPS
-Should not void warranty.
Old 2nd July 2022, 10:15   #3993
BHPian

Hello
I recently installed DDPAI Mola N3 Pro dual channel in my Hyundai Venue.

I purchased dashcam + 128GB SD Card + CPL filter directly from the Nex Digitronix store here in Pune. Total Cost ₹10K.
Visited nearby accessories store for installation which costed another ₹500 ( Concealed neatly through plastic frames and glovebox)

While the camera performance is decent the iOS app of DDPAI is absolute garbage , which i was not at all aware of.

70mai has far better apps for both android and iOS.

Would be happy to answer specific questions if any.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-736aebb5e70f41198cd8cd625b1eda29.jpeg
AjinkyaP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 10:21   #3994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
  1. The video loses a couple of frames once in a while. Refer attached video timeframe 00:00:09
I’ve noticed the same issue, i believe its due to the fact that max length of a video is 1 minute, and its the time when a new recording starts after completion of previous 1 minute footage, not absolutely sure though.
AjinkyaP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 12:17   #3995
BHPian

Hi AjinkyaP

I am keen to install a dashcam in my car - would you then give a go ahead to use ‘70mai 2k dash cam pro with gps and Rc06’!?

As I am a ios user through and through

It is available at 12k on Amazon

Your quick revert will be extremely helpful

Thanks
S
Old 2nd July 2022, 13:46   #3996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
Hi AjinkyaP

I am keen to install a dashcam in my car - would you then give a go ahead to use ‘70mai 2k dash cam pro with gps and Rc06’!?

As I am a ios user through and through

It is available at 12k on Amazon

Your quick revert will be extremely helpful

Thanks
S
Sure.
I won’t recommend DDPAI to iPhone users just because of the terrible app.( Check the reviews/ratings in the app store yourself)
Ease of accessing footage is as important as the camera quality.

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-69a79166538941378a46705866010e27.jpeg

Last edited by AjinkyaP : 2nd July 2022 at 13:54.
AjinkyaP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2022, 14:36   #3997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjinkyaP View Post
Sure.
I won’t recommend DDPAI to iPhone users just because of the terrible app.( Check the reviews/ratings in the app store yourself)
Ease of accessing footage is as important as the camera quality.

Attachment 2328313
Thanks for your very prompt revert!

I will be ordering the 70mai in a day…

@TBHP - since we have a range of DCams and the budgets can be stretched to any imagination… What could possibly be the top 5 DCams in a 8k-12k budget.

Would love to hear more about them; mostly as some might switch cars and how easy is the removal and reinstallation process.

Should I also buy the kit alongwith - what do you guys think?

Waiting for key insights
Old 2nd July 2022, 14:59   #3998
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I have been using 70mai in my Thar right from when I bought the vehicle. It works well.
Frankly the app is deeply irritating when it comes to iOS. I have that DDPAI in my Cooper and this app is also deeply irritating when it comes to iOS.

So in effect, these dash cameras simply record the drives and the surroundings.

I never end up downloading any footage from them because of their poor iOS interfacing apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saildrive View Post
keen to install a dashcam in my car - would you then give a go ahead to use ‘70mai 2k dash cam pro with gps and Rc06’!?

As I am a ios user

S
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 11:15   #3999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjinkyaP View Post
Hello
I purchased dashcam + 128GB SD Card + CPL filter directly from the Nex Digitronix store here in Pune. Total Cost ₹10K.
Visited nearby accessories store for installation which costed another ₹500 ( Concealed neatly through plastic frames and glovebox)
Hi - where is this the Nex Digitronix located in Pune and also, which accessories store did you visit for installation.
Did you also purchase the hardwire kit for parking recordings as well?
Old 3rd July 2022, 16:29   #4000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Hi - where is this the Nex Digitronix located in Pune and also, which accessories store did you visit for installation.
Did you also purchase the hardwire kit for parking recordings as well?
It’s located in Wakad-
NEX DIGITRONIX LLP
077373 73626
https://goo.gl/maps/bgeurer16YbeEZyt7

Accessories store was suggested by Nex Digitronix sales person-
Car Hub
https://goo.gl/maps/1FoMFkNnRY7tat6WA

I didn’t buy hardwiring kit as I don’t need parking monitoring and it might void warranty as well.
Instead you can buy a battery pack which is a better approach, at least for a new car IMHO.
AjinkyaP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2022, 16:45   #4001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I have been using 70mai.
Frankly the app is deeply irritating when it comes to iOS.
I never end up downloading any footage from them because of their poor iOS interfacing apps.
I am using 70mai M500 with ios. I agree video downloading from the app is quite slow.
The camera is detachable so it can be plugged into a laptop for downloading.

Otherwise the app works fine on ios.
attinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 13:43   #4002
BHPian

Guys, I need some help in here. Need to place an order really soon. Which one among these two models would be better? Viofo A229 Duo or A129 Pro Duo?
Old 8th July 2022, 13:26   #4003
BHPian

Folks,

I've a Tata Punch and recently got a viofo T130 dashcam which has interior cabin view as well. I'd like it to be able to capture whats happening outside the windorw of the car and am wondering about the best positioning.

Tata Cars seem to have these large Rain Sensors right behind the IRVM which make it impossible to install a dashcam there (besides T130 has a cabin view cam as well). So one has to fix it either in one of the sides of the rain sensor or right below it. What do people prefer and any feedback on pros/cons based on usage by other Tata nexon/Altroz/Punch owners will help. Please do post a picture if you can.

Also I was thinking of getting a CPL. While that would help with the glares, I wonder if it comes at the cost of poor performance during the night times. Typically in photography, CPLs reduce may be half a stop of light coming in. So was wondering what people experience with CPL has been in night conditions. Any pictures here also with and without CPL will help.

Last edited by blitz_nomad : 8th July 2022 at 13:30. Reason: added a query on a CPLs
Old 8th July 2022, 13:39   #4004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
Can someone using DDPAI mini confirm if they face similar behaviour and if there’s a solution to this apart from disabling emergency mode altogether which is currently set to low sensitivity.
I am using the Mini for quite some time now, and I have never faced this issue.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2022, 16:49   #4005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Ordered Yi Mirror Dash cam in Aliexpress yesterday, after reading several reviews. Liked the stealth/discrete way of fitting dash cam plus reverse camera recording seems to be a plus. Being a Xiaomi (Mi) customer for several years which has good quality mobile phones, i hope Xioyi (Yi) will also be of good quality. Several reviews suggested the same.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/YI-M...854462617.html

Waiting for it to arrive

-Ravi
After 4 years of Yi Mirror Dash cam usage, which i was very happy with, for past few weeks, i noticed that the Dashcam internal battery is weak and no longer running to retain date/time, if car is not used for few days. It resets to system default 2017 date, so i have to set date/time before each usage. Once car is in use, the battery gets recharged and retains date/time till the car is not in use for a week or so.

Is there a way to replace the internal battery? Rest everything including the picture quality and other things are perfect in the Dashcam.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Ravi

EDIT: Just noticed there is a video in YouTube and also there is a link,but it seems quite complicated for a non-technical person like me :(
And given that we cannot buy these from aliexpress in India, not sure what other ways to get a new battery and how to get it replaced.

https://www.atpeaz.com/replace-yi-da...er-30-minutes/

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 8th July 2022 at 16:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks