Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2023, 19:36   #4321
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience77 View Post
3. Should have super capacitor and no Li ion batteries

My budget is approx 15K. Based on the budget below are the options I've found online -
1. 70mai A800S True 4K Dual Channel: Checks all major boxes. Unsure about video quality at night
2. 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel: Checks all major boxes as well. Again, I'm unsure of video quality
I think the 70mai models have Li batteries and not capacitor based. So please double check.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 20:06   #4322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I think the 70mai models have Li batteries and not capacitor based. So please double check.
You're totally right. I missed it. Updated my comment above

Quote:
1. REDTIGER F7N 4K Dual: Couldn't find too many reviews. dashcamtalk has a decent review but reliability could be an issue. If any one has any experiences, please share
2. DDPAI Z40 GPS Dual Channel: Most popular option. Video quality is questionable
3. Viofo A119 V3 2K: Brilliant option. 1 major challenges. Its single channel - which would mean that I buy a cheap 3K one for rear. Is that a sensible option?

Additional question: I would typically want to fit the device myself. Does the curtain airbag setup cause issues when guiding wires for rear camera?
Removed 70mai options as they have Li batteries

Last edited by aah78 : 17th March 2023 at 20:45. Reason: Posts merged, quote trimmed.
Old 17th March 2023, 21:08   #4323

Redtiger F7N is a 2K sensor upscaled to produce 4k videos.
https://dashcamtalk.com/redtiger-f7n/

Viofo A119 is the most recommended model in many youtube reviews.
It misses out on Wifi.
Viofo A119 mini is with wifi but seems to suffer from heating issues.

Ddpai Z40 is a tradeoff among price, features and video quality.
Old 17th March 2023, 22:19   #4324
BHPian

Quote:
My budget is approx 15K. Based on the budget below are the options I've found online -
1. 70mai A800S True 4K Dual Channel: Checks all major boxes. Unsure about video quality at night
2. 70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel: Checks all major boxes as well. Again, I'm unsure of video quality
3. REDTIGER F7N 4K Dual: Couldn't find too many reviews. dashcamtalk has a decent review but reliability could be an issue. If any one has any experiences, please share
4. DDPAI Z40 GPS Dual Channel: Most popular option. Video quality is questionable
5. Viofo A119 V3 2K: Brilliant option. 1 major challenges. Its single channel - which would mean that I buy a cheap 3K one for rear. Is that a sensible option?
I would suggest extend your budget slightly and add this to the list - A129 DUO DUAL CHANNEL 5GHZ WI-FI GPS FULL HD FRONT AND REAR DASH CAMERA.

It’s dual channel plus Viofo. So spending a little extra could be worth it rather than buying two separate cameras and hustling to make it work.

Last edited by warrioraks : 17th March 2023 at 22:24.
Old 17th March 2023, 23:06   #4325
BHPian

Viofo A129 DUO DUAL CHANNEL is out of stock and might only be replenished in 30-40 days.
I also came across Blueskysea B4K but couldn't find any seller in India at an affordable price (its priced at $117 + $40 in US). Is there a seller for the same in India?
Old 18th March 2023, 00:15   #4326
BHPian

Quote:
Viofo A129 DUO DUAL CHANNEL is out of stock and might only be replenished in 30-40 days.
Just checked, shows available on Amazon as well as Viofo India website with 2 day delivery.
Old 18th March 2023, 04:24   #4327
BHPian

Quote:
My budget is approx 15K.
A Wolfbox 3 channel would fit this budget.

Quote:
Does the curtain airbag setup cause issues when guiding wires for rear camera?
You can run the wires down the A pillar, and along the floor under the door grommets. Running them through the roof, in a vehicle equipped with curtain airbags can be disastrous.
JoaTMoN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 16:50   #4328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Just checked, shows available on Amazon as well as Viofo India website with 2 day delivery.
Realized that I was checking the cheaper version of A129 - with front cam with 2K whereas you probably were referring to the 4K version. The 4K version will cost ~25K whereas the 2K version was ~20K.

Found the 2K variant on Amazon being sold by multiple sellers. Amazon Link 1 Amazon Link 2
Does this seller seem credible?

Last edited by Rocketscience77 : 18th March 2023 at 16:52.
Old 18th March 2023, 19:04   #4329
BHPian

Quote:
Does this seller seem credible?
Get it from viofo.in. You'll get UPI discount as well and it is the only official seller in India for Viofo. Don't know about other sellers but you won't have any issues in dealing with warranty later on.

Mail or whatsapp once at viofo.in then you can go with the seller whichever you like.

Quote:
Is there a seller for the same in India?
Viofo.in

If you can stretch your budget check our A229 Duo. Ticks all your boxes. One more thing you should keep in mind, No dashcam will have 100% number plate visibility at night especially if you are not in crawling traffic.

Have a look at my review (VIOFO A229 Duo Front and Rear Dashcam | Review & Initial Impressions), go through post #23.

You can check this too. It's not model specific but dashcams have still not reached that level yet.

If you want single channel, get A119V3. Except for wifi it is the most reliable dashcam. Discreet, fit and forget type.

Last edited by batish : 18th March 2023 at 19:15.
Old 18th March 2023, 19:18   #4330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I have the "70mai Pro Plus+ A500S Dual Channel" dashcam installed in my car. ............
I want to first attempt to fix before a replacement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shri View Post
Quoting my own post. I have fixed the problem with rear camera. The inside connector was disconnected and the impatient person I am, I actually broke the plastic of camera while trying to pry in when the fix was actually very easy and involved only removing 2 screws and sort of dismantling the camera and just connecting the disconnected wire. I am sorry I did not take pics but it is that make female kind of 4 pin wire that you just insert and it just fits only one way.
Now the camera is working fine like before and I have reinstalled it.
Old 20th March 2023, 00:04   #4331
BHPian

Quote:
You're totally right. I missed it. Updated my comment above

Removed 70mai options as they have Li batteries
what is the downside of Li batteries?
Old 20th March 2023, 00:09   #4332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivam View Post
what is the downside of Li batteries?
They have chances or failing and exploding in case of high temperatures - in summers when vehicle is under direct sun.

See this thread (Insurance claim after Powerbank explodes inside a car?).

There are several posts even in this thread regarding downside of having batteries in dashcams. Search once.
batish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 09:56   #4333

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi792 View Post
I have brought 70MAI dashcam for my ecosport. This is my second dashcam, the first one is installed on our Duster. With the duster, I could run the wire across the side beading and upto the rear passenger left door to connect it to the 12V socket at near the rear parcel tray.

I don't like wires dangling around. Especially at the front windscreen. I'm looking for a way to route this in my ecosport. Even the secondary 12V socket is near the rear passenger door.

Has someone tried to route the cable in Ecosport. I have Titanium S. It has curtain airbags, so slightly skeptic on running the wires via side roof board.

Have you hardwired it or connecting it via the 12V socket. I am looking for a solution which allows me to hide the wires.
Hi Shashi,

Did you end up installing the dashcam through the side board? I am also planning to install a front dashcam but do not want to end up sabotaging the side/curtain airbags if i run it down through the side beading..
Old 24th March 2023, 14:05   #4334
BHPian

Folks who connect dashcams via 12V socket, how do you protect your battery from draining out.

I understand that the socket is powered even when the car is turned off for most cars. Do you manualy remove the dashcam plug everytime you get off the car?
Old 25th March 2023, 08:18   #4335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2693 View Post
Folks who connect dashcams via 12V socket, how do you protect your battery from draining out.

I understand that the socket is powered even when the car is turned off for most cars. Do you manualy remove the dashcam plug everytime you get off the car?
Yes every time when I switch off the car and again insert when I start the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks