Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2023, 14:32   #4486
BHPian

Re: The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
Is the camera's WiFi connecting to your phone alright?
No. Doesn't show the cam's WiFi. It's like this post the app update only. Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 15:45   #4487
BHPian

This might be a foolish question, so Apologies beforehand lol.

But - Is there a dashcam that can record my whole trip of about 5 to 6 hours and I can download the whole video, not just 1 or 3 minute clips?

If it isn't an option, I was considering 70mai A800S.

The only things that have stopped me from going for it are :

1) Max only 3 mins of video can be downloaded.

2) Only supports upto 128 GB card.

Please, if anyone can answer my query, I'll be really thankful.

Regards.
Old 30th May 2023, 16:55   #4488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
This might be a foolish question, so Apologies beforehand lol.

But - Is there a dashcam that can record my whole trip of about 5 to 6 hours and I can download the whole video, not just 1 or 3 minute clips?

If it isn't an option, I was considering 70mai A800S.

The only things that have stopped me from going for it are :

1) Max only 3 mins of video can be downloaded.

2) Only supports upto 128 GB card.

Please, if anyone can answer my query, I'll be really thankful.

Regards.
From what I know, none of the good dash cams available on the market have the feature of recording beyond 3-minute clips.

Most support either 1-minute or 3-minute-long clips.

The 128GB limit for the SD card can be a deal-breaker if you are recording at 4K.

I use the dual-cam setup from Qubo, with the front being 4K and the rear at 1080p. It eats up my 256GB SD card at around the 10th hour.
sarkankur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 20:46   #4489
BHPian

Got my Wolfbox i07 delivered Today!!

The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread-20230601_180108.jpg

Last edited by graaja : 1st June 2023 at 21:10. Reason: Inserting picture
Joker is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 22:33   #4490
BHPian

Quote:
Got my Wolfbox i07 delivered Today!!
Don't Wolfbox dashcams support upto 128GB? How much can be recorded in 128GB with 3 cams one being 4K?
Old 1st June 2023, 23:03   #4491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImranHyd View Post
Don't Wolfbox dashcams support upto 128GB? How much can be recorded in 128GB with 3 cams one being 4K?
It supports upto 512 GB, thats what I saw in one of the reviews. Also, the person I bought it from also told me the same even though on the box it says 128 GB.
Old 2nd June 2023, 08:49   #4492
BHPian

Quote:
It supports upto 512 GB, thats what I saw in one of the reviews. Also, the person I bought it from also told me the same even though on the box it says 128 GB.
I have installed a 512gb SanDisk surveillance card, but the storage info shows as 128/512 available. I also get a message on the display when the device goes into parking mode that the card is slow, and needs to be replaced with a faster card.
Old 2nd June 2023, 17:30   #4493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
You should consider i07. It has its own display, and you get a 3 channel dvr for the same price. You can either use it to record in cabin, or you can use it as a dual front cam.
Isn't D07 cheaper than i07? Atleast on Amazon I see 3k difference. Also pardon my ignorance but why do I need 3rd cam to cover in cabin?
I find it overkill.
D07 is also 4K + 1080 HD with 0.5 inches smaller screen than i07. I guess that is perfect.

Only catch being mine is XUV which doesn't have 12v port at the front. So it needs to be powered from the one located at 3rd row/boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Where are you getting these from? Are there any recommended installers for this non mirror options?
Saksham Anand +91 97188 23283 mentioned in some earlier post.
Even I am looking for a reliable installer in Pune.
StepUP! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 20:19   #4494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Isn't D07 cheaper than i07? Atleast on Amazon I see 3k difference. Also pardon my ignorance but why do I need 3rd cam to cover in cabin?
I find it overkill.
My suggestion for i07 was against the mirror models. I'm not going to argue about the 2 non mirror cameras based on cost or features. It depends on each person's preferences.

But I don't think an in cabin camera is an overkill. It can capture a break-in through one of the window glasses, or when someone enters the car by the side when you're distracted, or when the offender(say, someone who asked for a lift) attacks the people inside the cabin, and you can even defend yourself to a police officer who falsely accused you of being on your phone while driving, or not wearing a seat belt.

They have hiked the prices on Amazon. Please contact Anand directly. You'll get them for a couple of thousands lesser. If he doesn't reduce the price, you can refer to him "the buyer who posted his number" on Team-bhp.
JoaTMoN is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2023, 14:39   #4495
BHPian

Hello AnnaRocks,

I had a similar issue with my Blueskysea when it just stopped connecting to my phone.
I was able to get the phone to connect to the camera by disabling location (GPS-OFF) and also disabling mobile data on my phone and connect only to the the wi-fi from the dash-cam. you can try the same - hope it works.

The blueskysea B1W that I have is a small cigar shaped - no display - no GPS dash cam, but the footage Day/Night is very good. Got it from Ali-express in 2018.
Old 3rd June 2023, 15:36   #4496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoaTMoN View Post
My suggestion for i07 was against the mirror models.
Hi JoaTMoN, what would be the reason to opt out against the mirror models. I am considering one since my car does not have a ream camera and it could solve this problem. The biggest missing feature I saw in most mirror models is lack of connectivity to mobile through the app.

Interested to know if there are other cons.
Old 3rd June 2023, 16:55   #4497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Hi JoaTMoN, what would be the reason to opt out against the mirror models. I am considering one since my car does not have a ream camera and it could solve this problem. The biggest missing feature I saw in most mirror models is lack of connectivity to mobile through the app.

Interested to know if there are other cons.
Personally, I prefer my rear view mirror to do just one job- to show me what's behind my vehicle. Apart from that, those models have an external rear view camera as opposed to the internal cameras in i07 models, and you have to drive screws through the car body to fix them. I think in D07 model, the rear camera can be installed both inside and outside.
JoaTMoN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 16:47   #4498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post

Cross Posting here as this is dedicated Dashcam Thread. Would be helpful while searching.
Update on this one.

As usual dashcam is reliable, works fine but the major problem is Night Time footage. As in the above picture, at night time plates are overexposed. I would say, Night Time footage is pathetic.

The major culprit here is HDR, hardware for which is missing in this dashcam. Day time quality is great. You won't miss anything but night time is extremely bad. You won't be able to figure out the plates even at crawling speeds. Picture quoted above is from potholed road where speeds were less than 5 kmph. Still nobody can figure out the plates, leave alone observing anything at city speeds.

Viofo knows this, hence they added HDR in recent models. Anybody buying A229 Duo, I'd say please don't, just because of this missing HDR you won't be able to see anything. Your investment would be waste. Better to find something which has HDR.

I had suggested people to go for A229 but at the time just like everybody else had no knowledge about HDR. Folks at Dashcamtalk did tests and found out there is no solution for this issue.

This is precisely the issue for people to see visually:

Name:  SmartSelect_20230604_151806_Brave.gif
Views: 903
Size:  5.06 MB

Please don't buy this one. It acts up like cheap CCTV during night. Will not be helpful when required at night.

This is the difference between dashcam with HDR and without HDR.

P.S: Check out post #39 of A229 Thread for full details.

TL;DR: Don't buy A229 Duo. Not worth it because of lack of HDR. Get any cam which has HDR.

Last edited by batish : 4th June 2023 at 17:00.
batish is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 17:06   #4499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarkankur View Post
From what I know, none of the good dash cams available on the market have the feature of recording beyond 3-minute clips.
Viofo A139 Pro has options for 1, 2, 3, 5 minute loops. I think it goes beyond 5 min loops as well, I'll need to check on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarkankur View Post
The 128GB limit for the SD card can be a deal-breaker if you are recording at 4K.

I use the dual-cam setup from Qubo, with the front being 4K and the rear at 1080p. It eats up my 256GB SD card at around the 10th hour.
Different cameras have different encoding support - some are good at data compression while others are not. But yes, ideally camera should have atleast 256 GB support.
amitgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 17:42   #4500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Get any cam which has HDR.
Examples from my Viofo A139 Pro with HDR enabled.

Front (4k 30fps with CPL on lens)
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjjzEdfJcR3AxWXg...LxZYi?e=6e8QDt

Rear (1080p 30fps)
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjjzEdfJcR3AxWSB...JQWzG?e=Q2a5Zy

The plates & numbers are visible in the rear camera footage but then it wasn't too dark. I'm not sure if rear camera footage is HDR. There is only one option in settings for HDR - enable or disable. I think I'll need to check the user manual to see if HDR is enabled for rear camera as well or not.
amitgupta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed