Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2016, 15:32   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 for VW Passat & others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risham View Post
The 2015 vento has philedelphia 835 installed. I believe it was part of the Koncept offer.
All the steering controls work perfectly.
But the reverse parking sensors do not show up on the display though I get an image of the car and the beeps.
Was ready to accept this as a feature only in jetta, but came aross this thread and after reading Gannu's post tried to get this working.
Opened up the system myself but connections seemed ok especially since the steering controls were working. Though there was some difference in the connector on the cars end as shown in the blaupunkt manual and as present in the car.
Spoke to blaupunkt customer care who put me through to one of their technical guys who blankly refused. said it cannot be done. Put me through to his collegue who confirmed his statement.

What to do? Please guide.
If the 835 came along with the car, Why don't you simple give it to the VW service centre and notify them about the issue? Let them contact blaupunkt or see what they do.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2016, 17:19   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by risham View Post
Thanks for your response Ajay. But the problem is not with the reverse camera which is not installed.(Plan to do it next week. Any suggestions for that are welcome). The problem is with the radar based parking sensors which are not working on the head unit. Only beeps are heard from somewhere else in the car.
On page 12 of this thread, I have clearly spelled out the issue - VW has removed the OPS sensor from the car, in favor of a simpler beeping only warning. The graphical display of the BP835 will not work. Camera, which is a very simple fix, works. So beeps + camera display are the best that can be done.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 12:36   #198
BHPian

@starscream missed your post earlier. sorry.

Got a e-mail from blaupunkt. ( Mr. Deepak Asrani). He asked for a snapshotof the screen. On being provided that, he told me that it must have been disabled by one of the software updates by VW as part of service etc. He has a friend at his office whose Vento shows these lines on 835.
Will confirm with VW if my car has OPS or not.
Old 28th June 2016, 21:57   #199
BHPian

I got the BP835 system installed in Chennai from where the car was purchased. I recently moved to another city, and here, when I tap the Navigation icon, nothing happens! Does the navigation work only in the city where we bought the car? Does the dealer program it that way? Any experiences?

Edit - Just noticed the SD card was missing from the slot. Would this be available with VW dealers, considering that this is a system from BP?

Last edited by FanaticOnWheels : 28th June 2016 at 22:03.
Old 28th June 2016, 22:14   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Edit - Just noticed the SD card was missing from the slot. Would this be available with VW dealers, considering that this is a system from BP?
Nope. You will have to buy a full version from MapMyIndia. Even that is not straightforward as they do not have it listed on the website since what is required is the full version bundled with AVN systems.

I also lost my Map SD card (I think it was stolen during the first service), and the above info is what I got from MMI. Buying a full version SD card will cost ~ Rs 4000-5000. I dropped the idea and now just rely on Google Map.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 22:19   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Nope. You will have to buy a full version from MapMyIndia. Even that is not straightforward as they do not have it listed on the website since what is required is the full version bundled with AVN systems.

I also lost my Map SD card (I think it was stolen during the first service), and the above info is what I got from MMI. Buying a full version SD card will cost ~ Rs 4000-5000. I dropped the idea and now just rely on Google Map.
Sigh. This is daylight robbery. This is definitely not what is expected after spending around 50k on an ICE. Anyway, I guess I will stick to Google Maps for now.
Old 24th July 2016, 23:57   #202

Hi Guys,
6 CD changer in my Skoda Laura L&K AT (2007) has conked off, hence thinking of replacing it with Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835.
Would you please advise if it will work with my car? Shall I need dash adapter?
Please suggest if there is any better alternative.
I atleast need to have all the features supp0rted as in OEM.
Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 15:56   #203
BHPian

Hi,

I have just booked Skoda Rapid Style Plus variant. I inquired about replacing stock HU with touchscreen HU that Skoda provides. I was told that they can only install Motevo (Cost INR 65K) as Blaupunkt is not compatible with Rapid. Any idea about this? I am not going for Motevo as I have read only negatives about it online.

Is Blaupunkt 835 compatible with Skoda Rapid? (I want all steering controls to work like OEM).

Thanks,
Raj
Old 12th October 2016, 21:38   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
Hi,

I have just booked Skoda Rapid Style Plus variant. I inquired about replacing stock HU with touchscreen HU that Skoda provides. I was told that they can only install Motevo (Cost INR 65K) as Blaupunkt is not compatible with Rapid. Any idea about this? I am not going for Motevo as I have read only negatives about it online.

Is Blaupunkt 835 compatible with Skoda Rapid? (I want all steering controls to work like OEM).

Thanks,
Raj
Motevo and CASKA are good for nothing. Go for any touch screen unit and purchase the canbus adapter for steering controls, you are good to go.
Old 13th October 2016, 20:58   #205
BHPian

Thanks F150. I think I will give a motevo a miss. Can you suggest any good touchscreen unit? I am looking for navigation, reverse camera, good sound quality with 2 RCA PORTS as I will be installing amp.
Old 15th October 2016, 23:25   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Motevo and CASKA are good for nothing. Go for any touch screen unit and purchase the canbus adapter for steering controls, you are good to go.

I have also booked a Rapid style plus
Want to change the head unit
Mainly because i want rear cam integration, good display of calls, phonebook

Will Blaupunkt Philadephia work?
Could not make out differences between Philadephia 835 and Philadephia 845 !
Pls help
Old 16th October 2016, 06:30   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense2k6 View Post
I have also booked a Rapid style plus
Want to change the head unit
Mainly because i want rear cam integration, good display of calls, phonebook

Will Blaupunkt Philadephia work?
Could not make out differences between Philadephia 835 and Philadephia 845 !
Pls help
Congrats. I checked with two dealers and they have Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 in official accessories list. They confirmed it will work.
Old 16th October 2016, 08:14   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla View Post
Congrats. I checked with two dealers and they have Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 in official accessories list. They confirmed it will work.

Snapdeal has listed BP 835 whereas BP official listing shows only 845
Heard the warranty depends on the software
So buying a updated one is the catch (not sure)

There is no helpdesk for snapdeal to know about this technocally
Else i would have bought
Old 16th October 2016, 08:43   #209
BHPian

Hello
Has anyone here setup a “steelmate” TPMS system? The TP-05 model to be more specific and integrated it to read the display on the Blaupunkt philadelphia 835 ?
Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 11:08   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
Hello
Has anyone here setup a “steelmate” TPMS system? The TP-05 model to be more specific and integrated it to read the display on the Blaupunkt philadelphia 835 ?
Thanks
After seeing your post, went searching in the forum. Looks like frankmehta has done the same for his GT TSI.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3812508

This is not the 835 but an Android HU. But from the description it should work with any unit that has a video in, which the Philadelphia has. So I assume it should work fine.

I have also been thinking of a tpms for sometime now. This seems perfect and clean. Do update if you go ahead with this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks