Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2013, 08:55   #31
BHPian

re: Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 for VW Passat & others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeths View Post
I recently had by VW Vento's stock HU replaced with Philadelphia 835 in Chennai.
Hi,

Would you mind sharing how much the head unit costed in Chennai? My 3 year old Pioneer AVH 3300BT is gradually showing signs of wear & tear. So I'm looking at this HU as the next upgrade.
Old 1st October 2013, 08:59   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventoman View Post
Hi, Would you mind sharing how much the head unit costed in Chennai? My 3 year old Pioneer AVH 3300BT is gradually showing signs of wear & tear. So I'm looking at this HU as the next upgrade.
I got it from Sandhyas. Blaupunkt 835 HU with a reverse camera (the one you can mount above the number plate... didn't want to be drilling the rear bumper) cost me 46660 Rs.
Old 4th October 2013, 10:15   #33
BHPian

The kenwood DNX521DAB is equally good if not better.
You even get integration with your instrument cluster if its a highline one.

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk.../vw/DNX521DAB/
vinj14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2013, 11:24   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinj14 View Post
The kenwood DNX521DAB is equally good if not better.
You even get integration with your instrument cluster if its a highline one.

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk.../vw/DNX521DAB/
Can't seen to get any info on the local availability of this head unit or the price. Can you shed some light on the cost?

I'd like to see how it comparss with the Balupunkt system in a sidr by side comparison.
Old 10th October 2013, 19:09   #35
BHPian

Available on ebay. Don't think its available officially through kenwood India

Many positive reviews in international forums.
Old 10th October 2013, 21:03   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealistic View Post
Can't seen to get any info on the local availability of this head unit or the price. Can you shed some light on the cost?

I'd like to see how it compares with the Balupunkt system in a side by side comparison.
There is also an US version for the same if you can source it

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...DNX719VHD.html

Does come pricey at @1200 tho
Old 11th October 2013, 02:07   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond_dawg View Post
There is also an US version for the same if you can source it

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...DNX719VHD.html

Does come pricey at @1200 tho
Why would I want to pay 1200 USD for it when I can get the Blaupunkt for around half the price with 2 years of local warranty? Doesn't seem practical.
Old 11th October 2013, 02:16   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unrealistic View Post
Why would I want to pay 1200 USD for it when I can get the Blaupunkt for around half the price with 2 years of local warranty? Doesn't seem practical.
You said you were interested in the Price of the UK version so was giving you an idea.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kenwood-DN...item3cd542f4c9

Last edited by Diamond_dawg : 11th October 2013 at 02:21.
Old 25th December 2013, 12:46   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeths View Post
I got it from Sandhyas. Blaupunkt 835 HU with a reverse camera (the one you can mount above the number plate... didn't want to be drilling the rear bumper) cost me 46660 Rs.
Is that price inclusive of MMI maps, reverse camera and installation?

Reason I ask is that I am looking to get the same system for my Laura. But the dealer here seems to be quoting a higher price. The quote I have got is 46,200 for the HU, 4,200 for the MMI maps, some 4k odd for the front facia (Laura) as the HU does not fit properly in the current facia of the car + some 5k odd for some interface thing. The whole thing is pushing the cost towards 60k! that too without the reverse camera.

I had contacted Blaupunkt directly via their facebook page and they were pretty responsive is suggesting a good dealer and installer. They insist that the dealer is offering the best price. 50K itself seemed like a bit much. Now with the whole thing touching 60K I am inclined to drop the whole thing.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 25th December 2013 at 12:50.
Old 25th December 2013, 13:36   #40
Team-BHP Support

Headsup!

The HU is retailing for Rs. 47420 at Snapdeal after some offer. Using the coupon 'CAD10' the pricing drops to Rs. 42679. That's the cheapest I have seen so far. I don't think a local dealer can better this price! Those who are eyeing the BP835, now is the time to grab one.

Link - Blaupunkt - Philadelphia 835 (Europe)

Proof:

Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 for VW Passat & others?-bp835.png

The usual disclaimer applies - I am in no way affiliated to Snapdeal.
Old 30th December 2013, 22:32   #41
Team-BHP Support

Update:

I bit the deal on the Snapdeal link posted above last weekend, received the package today and it turned out to be a pleasant surprise! The package was bundled with a MapmyIndia Aura navigation kit (ver. 8.0, September 2013), MRP mentioned as Rs. 4490!

Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 for VW Passat & others?-img_4804.jpg

Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 for VW Passat & others?-img_4813.jpg

I was under the impression that the maps have to purchased separately and loaded into a microSD card. This has to be a kickass deal at Rs. 42679 inclusive of the system and the maps! The promo is still on (at Snapdeal) so make it count - those who are looking forward to swap their current systems. I'd say, get a quote from your neighbourhood Blaupunkt dealer and see if he can match the price indicated at Snapdeal.

Shall post a detailed log on my ownership thread once I have the system set up and running.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2014, 10:39   #42
Team-BHP Support

Installed the unit on my GT yesterday and everything is working as they should.

Blaupunkt India’s customer support is impeccable! As much as I thought this was a simple swap job as advertised, it wasn’t. There were a few niggles such as the steering-mounted controls not being recognized by the HU and the display not switching to the reverse assist mode while reversing but the garage technicians were in constant touch with Blaupunkt India’s technical support team and they sorted it out later.

The garage (Chetan Motors, Majura Gate owned by Chetanbhai) was recommended by Blaupunkt when I had called them up yesterday and they executed the work very professionally. Few plastic parts had to be dismantled (the piano black trim around the system, the A-pillar cover etc.) but they did it quite well without using sharp tools or excessive force. I did make a mention that no cables or harness shall be cut or trimmed as this will void the warranty but they knew of it before and suggested that the installation of this unit doesn’t require any of those. The shop (where Chetanbhai sits) is located below an apartment accessible through a narrow walkway from the main road but the garage is located in the basement of an apartment and the whole setup looks pretty scary! In the sense that, the place is located completely underground on a dead-end with no natural lighting, water leaking from the ceiling at a few places, some dungeon-like cells where cars were stored etc. When we went to park the car there, we were a bit skeptical but we spotted a brand new Octavia (it appears the owner drove down to the garage straight after delivery - the garland on the bonnet was fresh and the swastika was intact!) and it gave us a huge sigh of relief! The underground garage was being monitored through CCTV cameras installed at various locations and was connected through an intercom.

The best part was when it came to settling the bill in the evening. Chetanbhai charged just Rs. 200 for the installation! The car was in their garage from 11 AM to 8 PM and despite all the efforts his team had put in to iron out the steering control/reverse assist display issues, he refused to accept anything more. After some bargain, I handed him a Rs. 500 note but he promptly returned Rs. 300 back. I felt bad for his workers in particular, so walked to the underground garage to collect the car and slipped a 100 Rs. note into the technician’s pocket. He was unwilling to accept anything.

My heartfelt thanks to Mr. Murugesh Palani Durai (Product Manager - Operations & Logistics) and Mr. Anurag Jain (Territory Sales Manager - GJ & MP) at Blaupunkt India - for the prompt responses to all my queries and directing me to the garage and Chetanbhai and his team for the flawless execution. Seriously good job guys. You’ve earned my trust.

Shall post the detailed log with plenty of snaps on my ownership thread this weekend. Here’s one snap:

Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 for VW Passat & others?-wp_20140101_10_17_00_pro.jpg

Oh and happy new year guys! Have a fantastic year ahead!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st January 2014 at 10:43.
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 09:15   #43
BHPian

Wonderful thread guys. Really enjoyed reading all the posts.

Now I have a question.

I have already changed the OEM HU to blaupunkt BPLA500BT in my tata aria pride2013.
http://www.blaupunkt-usa.net/product...?itemid=429204

the only reason y I am considering changing my HU again is to integrate steering wheel controls, Bluetooth, and navigation.

I would like to tell you some thing about the OEM head unit which came with the car.

It is Delphi grundig system.
It has Bluetooth, navigation and speed senceing volume control options.

The only thing to get disappointed with this HU is it has only 2 band EQ, and sound quality is good but not to my taste.

After some research I found that this HU uses canbus.

Surprisingly I have noticed. the car has an Bluetooth module separate from its OEM HU. The cars OEM screen displays’ Bluetooth events like incoming call, call answerd and ended.
When I answer the call using the cars Bluetooth. I here no audio.

The OEM display is working fine with the rear cam. though after market HU is installed.

Guys can blaupunkt 835 fix all my problems?

Thanks a lot in advance
Old 2nd January 2014, 10:54   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumanbhokray View Post
... It has Bluetooth, navigation and speed senceing volume control options.

The only thing to get disappointed with this HU is it has only 2 band EQ, and sound quality is good but not to my taste. ...
Guys can blaupunkt 835 fix all my problems? ...
If you are happy with the functional aspect of the OE HU, just changing the OE speakers to something decent will get you the maximum impact without changing the HU. OE speakers are usually the weakest link in the chain, so even if you change the HU, you will not like the response.

Replace the front components (I think Aria has components in front) with a good pair of Infinity Kappa / DLS / Rainbow / Morel / RF / JL Audio etc. Keep the Graphic Equalizer to flat (0) - you won't need it. You might still feel the bass lacking a bit (round components and coaxials don't do too well in low bass), but for that you will need to put in an amp and a sub. All told, this will need an investment of ~15-20K.

Last edited by DerAlte : 2nd January 2014 at 10:55.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 19:39   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
If you are happy with the functional aspect of the OE HU, just changing the OE speakers to something decent will get you the maximum impact without changing the HU. OE speakers are usually the weakest link in the chain, so even if you change the HU, you will not like the response.

Replace the front components (I think Aria has components in front) with a good pair of Infinity Kappa / DLS / Rainbow / Morel / RF / JL Audio etc. Keep the Graphic Equalizer to flat (0) - you won't need it. You might still feel the bass lacking a bit (round components and coaxials don't do too well in low bass), but for that you will need to put in an amp and a sub. All told, this will need an investment of ~15-20K.
Most of the ICE setup is done long back. I want you to check my thread once
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-...redefined.html

now every thing is sounding great. but the only part am missing is steering wheel controls and some canbus options.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks