Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2014, 22:13   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 for VW Passat & others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
No album art for bluetooth audio. But it does show album art for some songs when paying via CD and USB.

I am facing the issue of the HU suddenly getting stuck while playing CDs. Initially I thought it may be an issue with a particular CD. But its happened quite frequently and with different CDs. On the whole I am a bit disappointed with the unit. For the price, I expected more refinement. It is happiest while playing music from the USB port.
Thanks. My experience with Blaupunkt is that they are very receptive to customer concerns. So, do call them about the CD issue or leave a message on their Facebook page to get a name and number.
Old 10th September 2014, 12:35   #107
Senior - BHPian

Blau 835 update - things I like and things I dislike.

Sound quality from radio and CD is fantastic. Bluetooth streaming is ok.
Like the way one can change the screen brightness settings for day and night mode individually.
Like the way one can set volume, while reversing, so that the music doesn't interfere with the sound of the beeps.

Dislikes:
No album art during Bluetooth streaming.
Speed-sensitive volume doesn't work very well (gets too loud) and there is no way to fine tune it. Even the RCD 320 had that option!
Interface could be better.
No way to switch off irritating phone ringing sound that plays through the system in addition to ringtone of the phone.

Blau is still working on my park-distance control issue. It's been confirmed with VW that all Highline Polos and Ventos can do it.
Old 11th September 2014, 13:00   #108
Team-BHP Support

Apologies for the late response SS. I was travelling and did not have access to internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Gannu, Do you have any idea of how they fixed the park distance control issue?
Honestly, I don't. The installers faced this issue with my HU as well and said, Polo doesn't support this feature (display on the HU while reversing) and suggested that only the beeps happen. I insisted that they do because member Rajeevraj was able to enable this feature on his Vento TSI. So why not on the Polo?!

I had to leave for work so left the car at the installer's garage and asked them to fix the issue by the evening. They then called up Blaupunkt's customer support team, spoke to some engineers there and after some interactions, they fixed it. Most probably some wiring issues but no wires were cut and taped. I ensured that much.

Send a mail to Murugesh Palani Durai. He sits at Blau, Bombay office and his designation is Product Manager - Operation & Logistics and was immensely helpful for resolving my issue right from finding the installer to fixing the reverse-display issue:

Quote:
murugesh.palanidurai@blaupunkt.in
Quote:
One question for all Philadelphia users - does it display cover art if music is being played via Bluetooth from a phone. Or does it only do that over a wired connection with an iPod?
I quickly add the covers (300 x 300 resolution) for the songs from Foobar and the HU displays it within 10-15 seconds once the music begins playback. Not sure if it supports it via BT - never played a song via my phone.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 19:45   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Apologies for the late response SS. I was travelling and did not have access to internet.

Honestly, I don't. The installers faced this issue with my HU as well and said, Polo doesn't support this feature (display on the HU while reversing) and suggested that only the beeps happen. I insisted that they do because member Rajeevraj was able to enable this feature on his Vento TSI. So why not on the Polo?!

I had to leave for work so left the car at the installer's garage and asked them to fix the issue by the evening. They then called up Blaupunkt's customer support team, spoke to some engineers there and after some interactions, they fixed it. Most probably some wiring issues but no wires were cut and taped. I ensured that much.

Send a mail to Murugesh Palani Durai. He sits at Blau, Bombay office and his designation is Product Manager - Operation & Logistics and was immensely helpful for resolving my issue right from finding the installer to fixing the reverse-display issue:
Thanks Gannu, I've been in touch with Blaupunkt here in Delhi and they told me my wiring and firmware is fine. The issue they feel is with VW's CANBUS software version. VW updated it recently and disabled this feature. If I were to revert to the previous version, PDC will start working, Blaupunkt said. Apparently, all Vento Konekt cars also don't have park-assist.

There may be some truth to this because in VCDS I can't see the park/steer assist module option that both you and robimahnta have posted pictures of. I only get steering assist. What is weird to my mind is that this CANBUS software issue can't be a cost-saving measure because the park-distance module is obviously there for the sensors to work, then why remove a feature that already exists?

Last edited by StarScream : 11th September 2014 at 20:05.
Old 18th September 2014, 00:08   #110
BHPian

Hey Folks,

Just had the 835 installed in my Polo GT TSi that I picked up today. Same reason was provided to me Star from my BP installer, he stated that it seems to be the updated CANBUS software version that is making the visual parking aid not work any more on the 835. He said I could roll back my version if I really wanted to but, that hardly seems like the right thing to do. Also, regarding PTT I believe they are working on a software update from BP and I'll keep in touch with the installer to find out when that's ready.

Question for your folks, I've for a Samsung Galaxy S4 and two iPhones a 4 and a 4s. I'm unable to sync my address book contact with the S4 or the 4s. The 4 worked but, I'm wondering if that's a fluke. Any thoughts on the right process guys?

Lastly, I have a 64 GB SD car and I waited a good 3-4. Ins for it to load but nothing happened. Do you guys know if a card that large is supported and if there is a specific format that needs to be applied for it to work?

Appreciate yr thoughts.
Old 18th September 2014, 00:21   #111
BHPian

Hey Folks,

Just installed the 835 a couple of hours ago on my new Polo GT TSi.

Star, I too cannot see a visual representation of my PDC. My BP installer also mentioned that he believes this is due to an updated version on of VWs CANBUS software. He mentioned I could look at a roll back but, that hardly seems worth it.

In addition, he did mention that there was a software update in the works to make the PTT button work (which currently doesn't do anything for me). I'll check with him on timeframe.

Also, I've tried to sync my address book from a Galaxy S4 and an iPhone 4s but, it just keeps saying syncing address book and eventually fails. I was able to sync with a iPhone 4 but, I'm not sure if I didn't anything differently or if it was just a fluke. Can folks recommend what I might be doing wrong here?

Lastly, I tried loading a 64 GB SD card that has movies and videos on it but, again I waited and waited but nothing showed up on the system. Is there a limitation in card size, I don't believe there is. Or is it just that I need it formatted in a specific way?

Appreciate all your advice.
Old 18th September 2014, 13:13   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R170 View Post
Hey Folks,

Just had the 835 installed in my Polo GT TSi that I picked up today. Same reason was provided to me Star from my BP installer, he stated that it seems to be the updated CANBUS software version that is making the visual parking aid not work any more on the 835. He said I could roll back my version if I really wanted to but, that hardly seems like the right thing to do. Also, regarding PTT I believe they are working on a software update from BP and I'll keep in touch with the installer to find out when that's ready.

Question for your folks, I've for a Samsung Galaxy S4 and two iPhones a 4 and a 4s. I'm unable to sync my address book contact with the S4 or the 4s. The 4 worked but, I'm wondering if that's a fluke. Any thoughts on the right process guys?

Lastly, I have a 64 GB SD car and I waited a good 3-4. Ins for it to load but nothing happened. Do you guys know if a card that large is supported and if there is a specific format that needs to be applied for it to work?

Appreciate yr thoughts.
On the first issue I also spoke to Vagtune and it seems it's not just a software issue. I think VW used to have an OPS module but since the current stock system doesn't make use of it, the park-distance module was just changed to an audible one that is likely not even connected to the CANbus. I have a query in to VW, let's see what they say.

Second issue, I have no idea. My Blackberry Z10 works absolutely fine. Syncs the phone book in a couple of minutes after start up.

Third issue, I think I read somewhere that the 835 has a limit of 32GB. The other thing is that the card should be formatted in FAT32. I use a 64GB card in the Z10, which has all my 30GB of iTunes music, that I then stream to the car via Bluetooth.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 14:28   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Folks,

Star, I too cannot see a visual representation of my PDC. My BP installer also mentioned that he believes this is due to an updated version on of VWs CANBUS software. He mentioned I could look at a roll back but, that hardly seems worth it.

In addition, he did mention that there was a software update in the works to make the PTT button work (which currently doesn't do anything for me). I'll check with him on timeframe.

Also, I've tried to sync my address book from a Galaxy S4 and an iPhone 4s but, it just keeps saying syncing address book and eventually fails. I was able to sync with a iPhone 4 but, I'm not sure if I didn't anything differently or if it was just a fluke. Can folks recommend what I might be doing wrong here?

Lastly, I tried loading a 64 GB SD card that has movies and videos on it but, again I waited and waited but nothing showed up on the system. Is there a limitation in card size, I don't believe there is. Or is it just that I need it formatted in a specific way?

I have a Nexus 4 and it synched the address book without any issues. I did not do anything specific for it.

On the SD card, I notice with a 16GB pen drive itself, it sometimes takes some time to load when inserted for the first time. Sometime it gets stuck and I need to reinsert it. Then it works. So with 64 GB maybe it is just very slow.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2014, 21:47   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Folks,

Sometimes you need to allow \permit address book sync on your phone first. Try to delete the phone from HU and the HU unit from your phone under bluetooth connections and then re -sync and look out for a pop up on your phone asking if you want to permit address book download. Also check in Bluetooth settings of your phone beforehand to make sure this is enabled.
Old 19th September 2014, 08:18   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Sometimes you need to allow \permit address book sync on your phone first. Try to delete the phone from HU and the HU unit from your phone under bluetooth connections and then re -sync and look out for a pop up on your phone asking if you want to permit address book download. Also check in Bluetooth settings of your phone beforehand to make sure this is enabled.
Thanks Lobogris, I'll give that a shot. I'm out for the weekend F1 sing get back and try that first thing.
Old 24th September 2014, 23:02   #116
BHPian

Hey Folks,

A quick update. I was able to Sync my iPhone 4S and the address book has pulled up just fine as well. I will try the Galaxy S4 tomorrow. I did hear some murmurings about the fact that if you device has over 1,000 contact it wont synch and also if one has Skype installed on their phone that screws up the address book upload as well (this I find very hard to believe).

New question as well for all those knowledgeable about the 835 : )

The Car time is set perfectly, the Radio time on the 835 is set perfectly and Yet the time that shows up when I click Navi and get into Map My India is all whack and off by 8-10 hours. I've check the timezone and its set correctly to Calcutta, Chennai etc. Any thoughts on how to correct that time in the Navigation software?

Thank you as always in advance.
Old 24th September 2014, 23:04   #117
BHPian

Ohh also, another quick query. I was sure the manual says that I can play *.mp4 video files but, when I tried all I can play are *.avi.The mp4's just don't play. Anyone else had better luck?
Old 17th October 2014, 09:44   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No way to switch off irritating phone ringing sound that plays through the system in addition to ringtone of the phone.
Oh maan. This is a problem I observed on my Hamburg MP57. A head unit from 2008 - 2009. Probably the first to feature BT telephony. I had this unit on my previous car.
Old 21st October 2014, 20:45   #119
BHPian

Updated to the latest firmware version available here -

http://www.blaupunkt.com/es/nc/servi...view%5D=single

Also updated the welcome screen. Looks pretty cool:

Old 21st October 2014, 21:27   #120
BHPian

Also wanted to add this to my previous message (Unfortunately got a timeout by the time I finished typing, that's why back to back posts)

Normally the update goes smoothly for me, but this time I had a scary moment. When updating the CAN module, the system became unresponsive and after waiting for a while, I decided to restart it, but nothing happened. When I removed the micro sd card, the system started showing only a blank wallpaper. I was unable to switch it off or do anything. I hoped that after the car keys are removed it would restart, but nothing happened. It remained ON even after I had removed the car keys and locked the car. I decided to wait for few minutes, but even after waiting for 15 minutes or so, the head unit was still ON. (Not sure how can this happen, I thought the car would stop the supply automatically to the HU ??) Now I was worried, my concern was not much about the unit itself but it was draining the car battery. So I got my toolbox and opened the head unit, removed the power plug and reattached the cables. This time the unit powered on without any issues, and so far things appear normal to me.

Last edited by MandarMax : 21st October 2014 at 21:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks