Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2015, 12:33   #181
BHPian

Re: Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 for VW Passat & others?

@metallicar - I am looking for RCD 510 for my Rapid. If you haven't sold it already I am interested or anyone else can point me to a system which can do Bluetooth and Reverse Camera.
Old 12th November 2015, 21:23   #182
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
@metallicar - I am looking for RCD 510 for my Rapid. If you haven't sold it already I am interested or anyone else can point me to a system which can do Bluetooth and Reverse Camera.
If you are planning to have RCD510 for bluetooth and reverse camera, there are a couple of things you need to be aware of.

1. Not all RCD510 units have video input. Delphi units have video input, whereas Bosch units do not have video input.
2. RCD510 does not have in built bluetooth telephony. For this you need to install external bluetooth module - either 9W2 or 9W7.

Check out Gannu's DIY thread below.

RCD510 DIY thread

If you are open to other options, there is an android HU that many Polo GT TSi and Vento TSi owners have installed. At less than 25K, this is a value for money option. I have created a DIY thread for this unit.

Android HU for VW/Skoda cars
Old 12th November 2015, 23:47   #183
BHPian

@graaja thanks for your input. My Rapid is 2012 and it came with a very basic system. I am looking for something slightly better off - with bluetooth handsfree as I don't like the idea of using a Belkin Bluetooth Adaptor through Aux In. What have you done with your RCD 320? May be I can pick it up as it has somewhat functional bluetooth.
vivekshukla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 06:29   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@graaja thanks for your input. My Rapid is 2012 and it came with a very basic system. I am looking for something slightly better off - with bluetooth handsfree as I don't like the idea of using a Belkin Bluetooth Adaptor through Aux In. What have you done with your RCD 320? May be I can pick it up as it has somewhat functional bluetooth.
I have a RCD 320 from my Vento sitting around if you are interested. Never got around to selling it. Have sent you a PM.

Note: Guess a Bluetooth is your main need. If you are looking for an overall upgrade, the Android HU that graaja suggested is a good option. And there are several other options like the 845, Dynavin etc..

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 13th November 2015 at 06:37.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 07:11   #185
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi, I am thinking about holding on to the RCD320 as backup for some time, till I am confident with the reliability of the new Android HU. Also, as Rajeevraj has offered his RCD320 and as you both are in Bangalore, that would be the best.

As Rajeevraj mentioned, if you are looking for just basic Bluetooth, then RCD320 would be perfectly fine. If you are looking for reverse camera support etc, you should consider other options like RCD510 (Delphi one), Dynavin, Philadelphia 835 or the Android HU.
Old 14th November 2015, 14:56   #186
BHPian

It seems that RCD 320 is not a straight off installation in Rapid. A lot of people have been facing problems. Can Blaupunkt 835 be installed in Skoda Rapid Sep 2012 Elegance AT? Or it will work with reduced functionality?

I am not a VW/Skoda guy hence need all your help.
Old 15th January 2016, 00:43   #187
BHPian

My take on BP 835 - Painfully slow and laggy. RCD 510 parking sensors used to come online asap but here it takes some time to start. Interface is not that great either. Output is considerably reduced in comparison to Pioneer.

Plus - Fits really well and no cutting or anything is involved. Mic quality is equally good too. Secondly I am finding map my India to be way superior then Google. Surprised.

My BP 835 seems to have a horizontal line in the topmost edge. It is almost 2 mm thick and runs along the entire length of the screen. It looks like that area is not on at all. Anyone else got the same issue ?
Old 15th January 2016, 14:14   #188
BHPian

Hi
Recently I started having some issues with my Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 unit;
Radio plays fine ; i get minor crackling noise while playing cd and when i play my ipod the audio itself seems garbled .
Replaced it with my original rcd320 unit and everything seems fine.
In fact i have even upgraded the speakers and also the iPod cable and tried it out with my other iPod and phone only to find the same issue only in the Blaupunkt unit.
I gave the unit for service to the authorised service centre and got it back saying that the unit is fine during their "table tests” only to find the problem still persisting.
I am going back again on Monday ;this time with the car to check if something else is the issue.
Just wanted a heads up on what to expect ? If someone can enlighten me on this i’ll be thankful.
Old 20th March 2016, 23:16   #189
BHPian

Got Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 installed in my 2008 Passat today.

Had a question about the CAN Bus interface. What all features will it provide in the 835? Mine is a comfort line (without steering mounted controls).

I can't see the a/c info etc. so does this mean my CAN interface isnt connected? What do I need to get this feature?
Old 20th March 2016, 23:35   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
Hi
Recently I started having some issues with my Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 unit;

I had similar problem with my Blaupunkt New York 830. Things were sorted out at the service center under warranty. It had burnt an IC and I got replaced with a new one.
Why don't you get it checked in your presence, if you can manage it.

Last edited by ampere : 21st March 2016 at 07:48. Reason: Fixed typo; Edited quoted content
Old 21st March 2016, 15:50   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Did the firmware upgrade sometime back but I couldn't notice any changes, truth be told. I am yet to face an issue with the unit so far. *touchwood*

The f/w upgrade went smoothly without any hiccups. The files in the compressed folder (link) has to be unzipped into a FAT32 formatted microSD card. The card goes into the MAP microSD card slot in the HU. Press Navigation from the main menu and perform the updates in this order:

1. MCU
2. MPU
3. CAN

This has been detailed in the Instructions pdf given by Blaupunkt itself. Here are some snaps from the process:

Attachment 1213731

Attachment 1213733

Attachment 1213734

Attachment 1213735

Attachment 1213736

I really wish Blaupunkt gave us better fonts and a UI instead of this; a la the RCD 510/RNS 510. Has that upmarket feel to it.

Attachment 1213747
Guys,

I downloaded the firmware update from THIS Blaupunkt site pagebut was surprised to see this notice right at the start of the instructions PDF file.

Quote:
*** IMPORTANT NOTES ***

This update is only suited for the above mentioned devices, the name and full
number must match, otherwise you will destroy your device with this update!
This update is not suited for Indian variant of Philadelphia 835. If you try to
install this update to an Indian device, it will crash!
Please contact Indian Blaupunkt service in case of the need of an update.
After reading this, I haven't taken the risk of using this update for my unit however does anyone have a link to the correct update files?

-Ganesh
Old 29th April 2016, 12:01   #192
BHPian

Got the Blaupunkt Philadelphia installed. After browsing a LOT of other systems, I found that this had the best combination of features, original look and reliability.

One problem I discovered is that my front right speaker is not working and it seems that the Passat has some strange 3-speaker setup in the front door and not simple components. Can anyone throw any light on what kind of a setup it is and how I can replace it with components?
Old 24th May 2016, 17:38   #193
BHPian

Hi.
My vento 2010 Diesel HL was hit by a dumper carrying sand. Fortunalety no injuries. (A testimony to the cars solidity!!).
But the cost of repairs was too much so the insurance company put it in total loss and reimbursed the IDV to me.
Since the family and myself were very impressed with the vento, decided to buy a new vento. But after facing the depreciation on the vento once, decided to go for a used vento this time.
After a lot of hunting got my hands on a April 2015 vento TDI HL white used for 14000 kms and in pristine condition. So ended up buying it last week.

Any ways, on to the topic of this thread. The 2015 vento has philedelphia 835 installed. I believe it was part of the Koncept offer.
All the steering controls work perfectly.
But the reverse parking sensors do not show up on the display though I get an image of the car and the beeps.
Was ready to accept this as a feature only in jetta, but came aross this thread and after reading Gannu's post tried to get this working.
Opened up the system myself but connections seemed ok especially since the steering controls were working. Though there was some difference in the connector on the cars end as shown in the blaupunkt manual and as present in the car.
Spoke to blaupunkt customer care who put me through to one of their technical guys who blankly refused. said it cannot be done. Put me through to his collegue who confirmed his statement.

What to do? Please guide.
Old 25th May 2016, 07:37   #194
BANNED

That's default setting and you need to touch the icon to see through the reverse camera, but there's setting to enable the auto activation the moment you put it to reverse gear, don't have the exact step by step procedure but, get into settings and you can easily make it out the option.
I have done the same but sold the Blaupunkt to accommodate Chinese android based HU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by risham View Post
Hi.
My vento 2010 Diesel HL was hit by a dumper carrying sand. Fortunalety no injuries. (A testimony to the cars solidity!!).
But the cost of repairs was too much so the insurance company put it in total loss and reimbursed the IDV to me.
Since the family and myself were very impressed with the vento, decided to buy a new vento. But after facing the depreciation on the vento once, decided to go for a used vento this time.
After a lot of hunting got my hands on a April 2015 vento TDI HL white used for 14000 kms and in pristine condition. So ended up buying it last week.

Any ways, on to the topic of this thread. The 2015 vento has philedelphia 835 installed. I believe it was part of the Koncept offer.
All the steering controls work perfectly.
But the reverse parking sensors do not show up on the display though I get an image of the car and the beeps.
Was ready to accept this as a feature only in jetta, but came aross this thread and after reading Gannu's post tried to get this working.
Opened up the system myself but connections seemed ok especially since the steering controls were working. Though there was some difference in the connector on the cars end as shown in the blaupunkt manual and as present in the car.
Spoke to blaupunkt customer care who put me through to one of their technical guys who blankly refused. said it cannot be done. Put me through to his collegue who confirmed his statement.

What to do? Please guide.
Old 25th May 2016, 12:49   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
That's default setting and you need to touch the icon to see through the reverse camera, but there's setting to enable the auto activation the moment you put it to reverse gear, don't have the exact step by step procedure but, get into settings and you can easily make it out the option.
I have done the same but sold the Blaupunkt to accommodate Chinese android based HU.
Thanks for your response Ajay. But the problem is not with the reverse camera which is not installed.(Plan to do it next week. Any suggestions for that are welcome). The problem is with the radar based parking sensors which are not working on the head unit. Only beeps are heard from somewhere else in the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks