Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2007, 07:17   #61
BHPian

Hi gunbir, the damping meterial that you have used in the sub-woofer tray and in the spare wheel well is it wollen felt? by the looks of it we use something similar looking in our tea factory machines. Also what shold one use to damp the vibrations of the tailgate ?? I looked around for dynamat or some similat items in Assam and the clowns asked me DYNAMAT ??? !!! no saar we have coirmat or you can use kurlomat very good quality saar !!! ( The cartoon must have thought i was looking for a foor-mat.) Please help
Old 13th July 2007, 07:43   #62
BHPian

Thanks for the infor GUNBIR. I was wondering if the damping meterial used by you wollen felt ?? By the looks of it we use something similar in tea factories. Also can anybody help me to choose a sub within 4.5K and with dynamat , fonomat etc. The clowns here in assam are not aware of dynamat -- they only know of one mat that is KURLOMAT -- footmat (pao pooch) !!!
Old 13th July 2007, 09:58   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atease View Post
I plan to include an amp and sub woofers.
You have a good setup. What is your budget for the amp and sub(s)
Old 13th July 2007, 10:26   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifewater View Post
I was wondering if the damping meterial used by you wollen felt ??
Yes its similar to felt. Its called "Namda" here in Hindi. Best used in places where you wont get any water or moisture.
Old 13th July 2007, 10:41   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HU Alpine 9833
I'm jealous!

And you seem to be building a good system
Old 13th July 2007, 13:24   #66

I do not mind spending another 30k towards amp and sub(s), hope this would suffice, if need be can spend some more. I prefer smaller subs as they provide flexibility to place them anywhere, What are your thoughts on Morel sub(s).
Old 13th July 2007, 18:45   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do not mind spending another 30k towards amp and sub(s), hope this would suffice, if need be can spend some more. I prefer smaller subs as they provide flexibility to place them anywhere, What are your thoughts on Morel sub(s).
Morel Subs are light and fast. But don't have a lot of output. Get these if you DON'T listen to much of Hip Hop etc. They are nice SQ subs. But may fall a bit short in a large cabin like the Innova's.

Thats a good budget. You can easily buy a couple of nice 10"s in that budget, along with a nice mono amp.

Last edited by gunbir : 13th July 2007 at 18:46.
Old 13th July 2007, 23:06   #68

Hi Gunbir,
thanks for the info, I am not much of a hip hop fan, I listen mostly to all kinds of Rock. I dont like a thumping loud bass sound where all the other finer musical details are lost. I understand the fact that Innova has a large cabin that may force me to put the subs in the boot area and paly them at vey high volume. Looking for "Innova-tive" solution for putting subs closure to listening/saeting area. Do not mind putting higher numbers of smaller subs.
Old 13th July 2007, 23:37   #69
BHPian

Did you see Gunbir's Innova install thread where they put the Subs under the seats?
Old 14th July 2007, 00:01   #70

What a coincidence, just saw the thread, Gunbir, you have done a great Job.
Old 16th July 2007, 19:20   #71
BHPian

Ah cool.
so what did you decide?
Old 17th July 2007, 00:08   #72

I would want to go for 8" subs like how Gunbir installed in the Innova, I waiting for Gunbir to respond to my query. lets hope he replies.
Old 31st May 2008, 14:30   #73
BHPian

Hello
could have please have suggestions for a 10inch sub (not too expensive though) that i could use as an SWWS .
Could the GT4 - 10 be used here ( though its not ideally an IB sub?)-Sambhai?
please sugest alternatives

i have looked at sealed boxs(actaully made dummy cardboard box enclosures) and bass tubes but due to boot space constraints i cannot use either.
It seems i might have to try the SWWS approach.
Guys please help

Another question
In gunbir's install it seems he has screwed the sub frame from the inner(under) side of the baffle rather than from the top.(i.e the way we see noramlly in a sealed box or parcel shelf IB install)
refer picture no 10 and 11 in the first page of this thread
am i seeing this correctly.
Why was this done . is it to protect the sub?
Old 1st June 2008, 13:27   #74
BHPian

Will this do
TS-W257F Pioneer Subwoofer - In Car*Entertainment

or
a GT 4 - 10
Old 1st June 2008, 18:47   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
could have please have suggestions for a 10inch sub (not too expensive though) that i could use as an SWWS . ...
There are not too many of those around - you need to check with dealers what is available before deciding. Doesn't have to be a Free Air sub, at a pinch any sub will do as long as you are not driving it to its electrical / mechanical limits.

Critical thing here is the space available above the spare wheel - where the rear of the sub is going to be. Check the mounting drawings / dimensions before you buy. Safest is the Illusion slim sub, but not sure if it comes in 10" - check with @b&t.
Quote:
i have looked at sealed boxs(actaully made dummy cardboard box enclosures) and bass tubes but due to boot space constraints i cannot use either.
Shabash, @magma, you are a very good DIY person.
Quote:
In gunbir's install it seems he has screwed the sub frame from the inner(under) side of the baffle rather than from the top. ... Why was this done . is it to protect the sub?
This way the surround and cone have a lot of space above (IIRC, Gunbir used 1" MDF) to move without touching anything, and also you get a flat floor in the boot.
Quote:
No reason why not. The Pio is a free air sub (the F suffix). The JBL sub seems to be an all rounder - there are sealed, ported, tube and even IB installs of this one.

But, first check the space that you have and cross-check with the speaker drawing. BTW, which car were you trying to put this in?

Last edited by DerAlte : 1st June 2008 at 18:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks