Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2013, 18:21   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: FINAL UPDATE: Skoda Rapid Warranty Issues: ICE blamed for Power Window Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeru27 View Post
... Skoda has finally replaced the power window as per warranty. ...
Overall, am a happy camper. ...
Fantastic. We share your happiness (the way we share your pain and troubles). Enjoy!
DerAlte is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 19:20   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid Warranty Issues: ICE blamed for Power Window Failure

I may be thinking loud but can there be a repository of such cases and final outcome where the consumer got what they deserved.

Not saying that these threads are going anywhere but a section may be, where bhpians and more importantly general public can go for reference and even quote to the car manufacturers while putting their case (assuming its similar) forward.

EDIT: You know how lawyers quote verdicts from previous cases and try to get the same verdict based on the similarity of the circumstances and other variables to their current case.

Last edited by fine69 : 15th May 2013 at 19:22.
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 21:59   #93
Senior - BHPian

Re: FINAL UPDATE: Skoda Rapid Warranty Issues: ICE blamed for Power Window Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by veeru27 View Post
Skoda has finally replaced the power window as per warranty. To see only zeroes in the bill was just sweet . I must say that It was a pleasant surprise to see the follow up calls from Skoda India, . All in all , I received 4 phone calls from Skoda India to check if I was satisfied with the resolution and the dealer also was very courteous and had the replacement done on priority.

Overall, am a happy camper.

I must place on record my immense gratitude to this forum for both the technical and moral support from the members in particular Der Alte ( for the kick in the rear for me to get moving ) and nitin bose for his inputs. Thank you guys, it was an education for me to say the least.

Thank you again.

As am based in Yercaud, a holiday destination for many from south india. I take this oppurtunity to welcome you to Yercaud. It will be a pleasure to have some coffee by the lakeside. Treat is on me !
Great to know this! I have been to Yercaud twice, its still one of my favourite places as its quite cool and close to Bangalore making it an excellent weekend breakout place. I would inform you when I'm coming next and we'll surely catch up!
Old 23rd June 2013, 12:14   #94
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid Warranty Issues: ICE blamed for Power Window Failure

Over 15 days to resolve warranty issues- wow! When we were scouting for a car, my wife kept talking about the Vento. It was an absolute non-no from my side, having seen the wonderful service quality that people with European cars have been receiving- be it Fiat, VW, or Skoda. I still recall this incident that made me a permanent Maruti Suzuki fan- my Swift VDi had been transported from Bangalore to Gurgaon by truck, and there was a noise from one of the wheel bearings. I went to Pasco Motors in Gurgaon and asked them to look into it, with the background that it had started after the vehicle was transported. Lo and behold- the vehicle was taken for repair and returned to me with the bearing replaced under warranty, and no questions asked. Guess this is what differentiates the Japanese manufacturers. Our Indian manufacturers still have certain areas where they're found wanting, but are closing those gaps quite well in the recent past. I guess the Europeans will learn over a period of time, but they would have some irreparable harm to their reputation by then.

Last edited by HighwayofLife : 23rd June 2013 at 12:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks