Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2013, 01:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: DIY Solution: Fiat Punto after-market Stereo + steering mounted controls

Seems you dont have the Blue and me. I am wondering if the interface you bought can be used to retain blue and me.

If you are not worried about blue and me then the cheapest option is to buy Connects2 interface CTSFA004.2 and it does all the duty of retaining the steering controls.

The only thing it cannot do it to retain the blue and me connection.
Old 10th June 2013, 16:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Seems you dont have the Blue and me. I am wondering if the interface you bought can be used to retain blue and me.

If you are not worried about blue and me then the cheapest option is to buy Connects2 interface CTSFA004.2 and it does all the duty of retaining the steering controls.

The only thing it cannot do it to retain the blue and me connection.
There are Blue and Me supporting adapters as well I assume, You can check www.paser.it for some details.
Old 10th June 2013, 17:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bush View Post
There are Blue and Me supporting adapters as well I assume, You can check www.paser.it for some details.
Yeah was already aware of that. But that is damn costly. Connects2 is the best and cheapest option period, and available in india.
Old 15th June 2013, 10:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Yeah was already aware of that. But that is damn costly. Connects2 is the best and cheapest option period, and available in india.
I wasn't aware of Connects2 availability in India. Never mind .

Good luck on your Audio upgrade!!
Old 17th June 2013, 13:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wasn't aware of Connects2 availability in India. Never mind .

Good luck on your Audio upgrade!!
I am already using the connect2 kit with JVC926BT head unit with couple of amplifiers, woofers, components etc
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2014, 18:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice thread. I feel I too need to upgrade my audio setup of my 2010 Linea Emotion Pack. My requirements are:
1) A non Windows HU... LOL
2) Need for amplifying front components and sub woofer (already have components, 4ch amp and a sub with me)
3) Able to use steering controls
4) Bluetooth to receive and make calls. I don't really need the other voice functions that blue and me offers.

a) Does a double din fit the Linea?
b) What is the Connects2 Amit? How much it costs?
What other things are required?
Old 6th September 2014, 19:11   #22
BHPian

I was searching around for the CANBUS adaptor to use in my Punto 1.3MJD 90HP. Kindly provide details on where I could get one.

I have a VENTO Highline, which for the same CANBUS reasons not able to upgrade from OE HU, would the same adaptor work for the VW too.

Thanks & Regards,
Kannan

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th September 2014 at 21:04. Reason: It is just not safe to leave phone number on open forum.
Old 9th September 2014, 10:55   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Nice thread. I feel I too need to upgrade my audio setup of my 2010 Linea Emotion Pack. My requirements are:
1) A non Windows HU... LOL
2) Need for amplifying front components and sub woofer (already have components, 4ch amp and a sub with me)
3) Able to use steering controls
4) Bluetooth to receive and make calls. I don't really need the other voice functions that blue and me offers.

a) Does a double din fit the Linea?
b) What is the Connects2 Amit? How much it costs?
What other things are required?
For your requirements above, I believe Connects2 interface would suffice with an aftermarket single DIN HU. You can choose a HU with BT based on your preferences. I would recommend getting a HU which has 3 pre-outs. one each for front, rear and sub woofer. This would help you in amplifying all channels. You might want to use your 4 channel amp to power your front and rear channels, and get a mono/bridged 2-ch amp to power your sub.

Double DIN is not a direct fit in the Linea/Punto. However, if you have a decent installer, it is still possible. I believe there is a bhpian who has successfully done this.

Connects2 is an interface which basically plugs in to the OEM connectors and gives you the standard ISO connectors on the other side for aftermarket HU's. For Linea/Punto, the OEM connectors have a CANBUS line, which cannot be used directly with aftermarket HU's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanna.sridharan View Post
I was searching around for the CANBUS adaptor to use in my Punto 1.3MJD 90HP. Kindly provide details on where I could get one.

I have a VENTO Highline, which for the same CANBUS reasons not able to upgrade from OE HU, would the same adaptor work for the VW too.

Thanks & Regards,
Kannan

You can get Connects2 interfaces for both Punto/Vento in most car accessories shops. For Vento you should have no issues, I recently got the HU in Vento replaced to Alpine W535-BT and had the installer had the Connects2 interface readily available. Punto's Connects2 might be a little tough to source and most installers do not stock them.

Let me know if you have issues finding the interface for your Punto/Vento. I can try to ask around and help you out.

Last edited by eagle_bush : 9th September 2014 at 10:57.
eagle_bush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 11:12   #24
Senior - BHPian

Many thanks for the detailed reply. Just for me to plan, how much approximately does the Connects2 interface cost?
Old 8th May 2016, 17:39   #25
BHPian

Thanks a lot for sharing the details .
I own a 2012 punto 90hp that came with Bluetooth voice but not music streaming.
File browsing / folder play was a great pain.
Frankly I am not sure how long I want to keep the car so I wanted a solution that would work irrespective of the car. Also something that I could carry around and use it in car as well as my home theater amplifier.

So hears my solution to the audio streaming problem.
(any car with FM receiver will work)

Lenovo power bank (1100 bucks)
*Dual USB port power bank is a must for this solution.
DIY Solution: Fiat Punto after-market Stereo + steering mounted controls-lenovo.jpg

Bluetooth Audio receiver (200 bucks)
DIY Solution: Fiat Punto after-market Stereo + steering mounted controls-bt.jpg

3.5 to FM wave transmitter (400 bucks)
DIY Solution: Fiat Punto after-market Stereo + steering mounted controls-fm.jpg

Final solution (1700 bucks)
1. Pair your phone to the bluetooth receiver ( my phone is able to connect to BnMe and the Bt receiver simultaniously, I am sure most devices can)
2. 3.5mm out put female connects to fm receivers 3.5mm male jack
3. FM brodcasts the input to FM frequency (99.9mhz preferred)

DIY Solution: Fiat Punto after-market Stereo + steering mounted controls-13087921_10154050859410549_1147267236347364519_n.jpg

PS: There are ready made solutions available online for A2DP to FM via cars charger. They had few problems and went against what I was looking for.
a> portability
b> static interference from cars USB source.
c>disconnection and repairing, pairing took a long time and multiple tries.

I have extensively used this for a long time now and If some one is planning to use the above solution, try and use a radio frequency of 99.9.

Hope this helps all, thanks.

Last edited by ARAY : 8th May 2016 at 17:50.
Old 13th February 2017, 17:07   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Fiat being not so popular in the states, I couldn't get hold of any accessories. However, this time around, being in the EU it was heaven for Fiat accessories (aftermarket). I was actively looking to replace the factory Head Unit in my Punto. Fiat's electronics are a little too complex for our ICE installers to comprehend. The whole CANBUS neural network with each end point being a node and everything controlled by the body computer (ECU) is wonderful technology. Unfortunately it doesn't allow much customization. Solution is available though, will get to it in a bit!

Any question regarding this solution are welcome!
Hi, I just installed an aftermarket HU to my Fiat Linea Emotion; which has "RDS Tuner and Steering Wheel Controls (SWC)"; it says - "An additional interface (sold separately) is required. We recommend the Metra ASWC."

I stay in India, can you please help me if you know from where can i get such an adapter, or from any other manufacturer in India?

Thank you in advance
Old 16th September 2023, 18:41   #27

Hi Subbarao, will this work perfectly even I’m looking to buy this from 99rpm to replace the audio with MyTvs audio system. Kindly help me

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks