Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2004, 14:11   #16
BHPian

I have a similar question for you guys. I got a new Sony 5500x indash cd player & a creative jukebox mp3 player. Are the Aux ports (red and white) for connecting only the CD changer or can i plug my jukebox with a RCA cable as discussed above. I asked a local car accessories guy and he said the port is only for CD changers.. i want to know for sure before i go and buy a cable..
-Chaxy
Old 22nd August 2004, 15:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

no, chaxy u can connect anything, it's no specific for cd changers
Old 22nd August 2004, 16:11   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (chaxy @ Aug. 22 2004,12:41)]I have a similar question for you guys. I got a new Sony 5500x indash cd player & a creative jukebox mp3 player. Are the Aux ports (red and white) for connecting only the CD changer or can i plug my jukebox with a RCA cable as discussed above. I asked a local car accessories guy and he said the port is only for CD changers.. * i want to know for sure before i go and buy a cable..
-Chaxy
Hey Chaxy,

Even though theres a slight possibility the head unit might not stay on cd-changer mode without the other cd-changer interface cable attached, the RCA cables are pretty cheap... so just give it a shot.

R
Old 26th August 2004, 02:19   #19
BHPian

Thanks Guys, It works !!
-Chaxy
Old 29th August 2004, 09:04   #20

sahil,
u might want to think twice before getting the itrip esp. if you have too much electro magnetic noise at your end. mine works fine in my garage at upto 80-90 feet from my car but beyond that it dies. U'll also need a really good radio reciever to pick up the transmission without any distortion. I'd recmmend you pick a hard wire option for you ipod rather than an itrip. I got mine a few months ago and i still using cds.

pic of my ipod:
Old 11th April 2005, 18:49   #21
BHPian

Hey guys,

I bought an iPod Mini Silver last week. Haven't tried all features as yet. Do you think I need to buy a dock charger? Also how long does a fully charged battery last?

I guess both Alpine & Pioneer have come up with iPod adapters. So you can connect an iPod as well as use ur CD changer simultaneously.(Wonder who would use a cd changer after having an iPod).
Old 13th April 2005, 01:40   #22
BHPian

yeah imma buy a IPOD 20 gig model this week most likely...and i'll prolly get the i-trip as well
Old 13th April 2005, 12:07   #23
BANNED

its a very good option and the easiest way for u
Old 18th April 2005, 15:26   #24
BHPian

i just bought the new iPod last week; 30 gig photo version..with color screen..me love it so much ..and just now i ordered a glow in the dark cover for it
Old 26th April 2005, 17:55   #25
Team-BHP Support

guys where can i get an ipod in khar / bandra , and how much does a 4mb one cost now ?

manson .

Last edited by manson : 26th April 2005 at 18:10.
Old 26th April 2005, 19:34   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

@ Manson i am not sure whr u can get it in bandra but i guess u can try places like circuit city on linking road near national college.
As far as the prices go i know they r much higher in india compared to the US....Ok heres the trick....apple offer student discount to most american universitys....so ur best option is to ask some of u r frnds or family who study here to get u one ....u will save alot of money! here r the prices in US for all variants of the ipod...
Ipod mini 4gb- 199$
Ipod mini 6gb- 250$
Ipod 20gb - 300$
Ipod photo 30gb - 350$
Ipod photo 60gb - 450$
All these prices r exclusive of the tax and educational discounts....The educational discount gives u around 30$ off or so depending on which ipod u pick....I just bought the 4gb mini for my sister and totally paid 185$ with the student discount and taxes.Also it will be a better deal to buy it from the US now as bombay will have old stock...as apple has upgraded the mini with a long battery life of 18hours and dropped priced of the 4gb to 199 which was 250 before, the 6gb mini is not avaible for 250.My frnd picked up a 4gb mini a month back from hera panna for 11,500 or so.
Old 20th May 2005, 07:51   #27
BHPian

i trip

have been using one for a while. dont recommend it as there seems to be a lot of electrical static which detioriates the quality. i d go with the new head units which are pod compatible.[only 3rd gen]
Old 20th May 2005, 11:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
straying a bit here, but have you guys heard about the Digisette. It looks and feels just like a regular cassette but is infact an MP3 player! You just pop it into our regular player like you would a cassette!

Pretty cool IMO.

Check out the review Here

Rtech
hey I have been using it for last 6 months. bought it from Indiatimes shopping pretty good product I must say
saved me lots of bucks
folloe this url http://*******.com/9kd7n

and as for iPod don't know anything about in Mumbai but few days ago there was an ad in Pune Times for iPod starting at 8000 Rupees. (might be for shuffle 512mb)

and if you are serious about buying an iPod this link might help ya
http://*******.com/87qo7

might aswell have a look at Apple India
http://www.apple.co.in/

just my 2 cents

aditya
Old 31st March 2007, 11:58   #29
Team-BHP Support

ok now if i have an iPOD and CD changer and one RCA input? what are the option of connecting both to the HU other than FM or Cassette adapter?
Old 31st March 2007, 12:05   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
ok now if i have an iPOD and CD changer and one RCA input? what are the option of connecting both to the HU other than FM or Cassette adapter?
Which head unit do you have ?
You can connect cd changer to RCA input and ipod to aux or if you have pioneer hu than you can get pioneer ipod adapter that has option to connect ipod and cd changer to Head Unit.

Most Viewed