Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2006, 18:16   #31
Senior - BHPian

Bass I dont want to buy the alpine component kit I was just for reference. About that I think I have refered this amp. http://www.bladeice.com/truampaclass.htm

As I am not a fithy rich person I am gonna buy which is little cheaper than than the alpine. U have good knowledge about the same so can u recommend any thing in ur scope................
Old 27th May 2006, 18:27   #32
BHPian

If you have cone midrange you can only install in the door panel, as cone midrange has more excursion than dome or ribbon (both dome & ribbon play in their dedicated sealed chamber/enclosure) it needs some volume at the back to play optimally.

If it is a dome midrange then it can be in both door panel as well as A-pillar, all depends on which location sounds better.

In a 3-way system you have to mount tweeter and midrange close to each other to get best result.

Last edited by Autophile : 27th May 2006 at 18:30.
Old 27th May 2006, 18:33   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
Bass I dont want to buy the alpine component kit I was just for reference. About that I think I have refered this amp. http://www.bladeice.com/truampaclass.htm

As I am not a fithy rich person I am gonna buy which is little cheaper than than the alpine. U have good knowledge about the same so can u recommend any thing in ur scope................
Umm yeah, I lust after the Scanspeak drivers a bit, so sorry I got carried away. Most good 3-way components are usually exorbitantly expensive. I haven't heard the Hertz, but would believe they're good. I have no clue about the pricing. And yeah, you don't have to be filthy rich to afford a F1, just rich should be good enough.

Haven't heard a 3-way Kappa either, so wouldn't be able to comment on that specifically, but on the whole the Infinity Kappa series is a very good product at the price.

I have heard some DLS component systems which were vastly overpriced for the sound they produced.

I have used 3-way active systems using Illusion Audio mostly. They don't make a 3-way set with a 3-way crossover, so you have to buy the 8" mid-basses, the 5.25" mids and the 1" DTs seperately. The speakers are extremely flat and can go into most doors that don't have a molded door panel without serious modifications, so it's out of question for your Swift.
Old 27th May 2006, 18:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

Thanks man for the location of the mid It is a tricky location it will not be easy to install there. also it will be visibile from the outside and I dont want it.

also the main a-piller I dont want to touch. here some pics of my car. I have thought of two more locations hope other along with u may suggest the pro-cons of the same. But first a-piller with cover

A-piller without cover

There is no space behind the pastic cover so we have to cut the metal to adjust the midrange.

The position which I thought was the door. I know the placement of the mid should be firing towards the listener like the tweeter thats why u said to mount it on dash for the clear vocals.....

Here is a pic of the location on the door....

Or the round ac vent on the dash but again i loose the vents.

Is there anyone here which make good kick panel here it could be a good option.............
Old 27th May 2006, 19:06   #35
BHPian

In the A-pillar you have to cut the metal if you want to flush mount the driver on the A-pillar cover. Unless you make a pod (like the ones you use for extra meters)

In the door the location you have pointed out is not that great as it is low and also it is not planar, someway near the door opener will be fine.

AC vent is not a good choice as the midrange driver will be on axis and can sound bright and uncomfortable. Also it is better if you have the midbass, midrange and tweeter in the same plane, in a line.
Old 27th May 2006, 21:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

as said by u the mid should be placed near the door opener I think it would be correct

and the tweeter can be mounted in three positions
1) flush mounted near the mid
2) there on the dash also ( can be viewed in the last pics)
3) side rearview mirror adjuster that can be a good place also (all the 3 componets will be perfectly in a same plane) ..

Navin ji where are u ........ Need ur comments on the same , and the 3-way also................

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 27th May 2006 at 21:52.
Old 27th May 2006, 22:17   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Navin ji where are u ........ Need ur comments on the same , and the 3-way also................
Navin is enjoying a vacation. Somewhere far away from all of us. Should be back soon.
Old 27th May 2006, 22:20   #38
Senior - BHPian

Sam whats up man the kappa kit u told me is it 2ohms rating or 4 ohms I have searched in the net but got very less info of the same , may be u can shed some light on it........

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/4304.html
Old 27th May 2006, 22:28   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sam whats up man the kappa kit u told me is it 2ohms rating or 4 ohms I have searched in the net but got very less info of the same , may be u can shed some light on it........

Hi LBM,

There's a lot of info on that page you mentioned. Apart from that you can get more at www.infinitysystems.com

The 1.7CS is 2 ohms. The 1.5CS is 4 ohms.
Old 27th May 2006, 22:35   #40
Senior - BHPian

Man from where do I get the above stuff in and around delhi.............
Old 27th May 2006, 22:54   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Man from where do I get the above stuff in and around delhi.............
You can call Balmeet singh on 9350041848. I dont think there will be ademo though...
Old 28th May 2006, 11:03   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
as said by u the mid should be placed near the door opener I think it would be correct

and the tweeter can be mounted in three positions
1) flush mounted near the mid
2) there on the dash also ( can be viewed in the last pics)
3) side rearview mirror adjuster that can be a good place also (all the 3 componets will be perfectly in a same plane)
The side RVM adjuster would be a good location for the tweeter.
Old 28th May 2006, 12:24   #43
BHPian

Quote:

When i bought my system,i thought about buying this 3-way set and leaving out rear coax but then decided against it as i needed raer fillers and dint want to modify my car to put in these 3-way.

Price was around $300-350 but cant find it now.
Old 28th May 2006, 19:09   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
When i bought my system,i thought about buying this 3-way set and leaving out rear coax but then decided against it as i needed raer fillers and dint want to modify my car to put in these 3-way.

Price was around $300-350 but cant find it now.
Good! Cos the midbass drivers in any 3-way component sets are not meant to be installed in the rear parcel tray if the midrange and the tweets are going in the front.
Old 29th May 2006, 10:11   #45
Team-BHP Support

3 way systems as described by LBM are more easily installed in cars which have a provision for dash mounted speakers.

In this case the midrange and tweeter can be installed in the dash and the woofer in the door.

If your car does not have a dash mount the options are to build custom boxes (usually out of fiberglass and/or MDF) in the doors and/or dash. This is a painful and long drawn out process as most such boxes do not fit as well as orginal door and dash panels and can vibrate. These vibrations must be isolated and damped.

Then if you add a subwoofer to such a system you, in reality, have a 4 way system!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed