Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2006, 02:22   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
http://www.dls.se/english/speakers/Iridium63i.htm

What do u think guys how is the above product in the 3-way system......

Any reviews guys -> navin, B&T , Sam , Gunbir , JB and many more...
My opinion is they are great speakers, expensive... but great. They sound very different from the Focal Utopias you mentioned in another thread. Which makes me wonder, are you sure what kind of sound you are looking for. When buying High End equipment based on reviews, awards etc know that your taste might be very different from what the product sound like. I mean, you may get an Omlete, when you were expecting Butter Chicken. Now I would rather have a great Omlete anytime, but you prefer Butter Chicken... I hope for your sake you will audition the speakers before you buy them.
Old 26th June 2006, 08:04   #77
Senior - BHPian

So, I was wondering how will one fit a 3 way into a Swift or even an Accent ( kb ) . Here's a neat 3 way Hertz install on SK456's Santro. God, I need money!

Let wait to hear what SK456 got to comment abt thsi setup. grrrr!

Old 26th June 2006, 10:32   #78
Senior - BHPian

WOW.. HEY JK... BEG > BORROW > STEAL!!!...

SLk.. let us know how this baby sings.... SOON!!
Old 26th June 2006, 11:16   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
My opinion is they are great speakers, expensive... but great. They sound very different from the Focal Utopias you mentioned in another thread. Which makes me wonder, are you sure what kind of sound you are looking for.
Ok now first of all they sound different. First it was the subs slow or fast that I understood now the these also. but anyways.......

I read on a website about the myths here they are....

Scott Buwalda's Top 5 Sound-Off Competition Myths

MYTH #1: Certain brands win every time. "Equipment was infinitely important in the early '90s, but it's not nearly as important nowadays because the top 10 or 12 manufacturers are all building very solid product. You're going to hear very minimal differences between them. Today, you still have the zealots who will stand by their brand because it's the most expensive and carries the most weight in the competition scene. But the biggest decision for the entry-level enthusiast is to buy what sounds good to your ears."

MYTH #2: The midrange and tweeter must be within 2 inches of each other to work properly. "You put the tweeter wherever it works, wherever it sounds good. I found it works exceptionally well with a high crossover frequency on the A pillar; it helps to widen and deepen the stage. About 5 or 6 years ago, if you had tweeters in your A pillars, you were scorned. Even today, people will email me, saying, 'I don't know how your car could possibly image or stage with the tweeter so close to your ear.'"

MYTH #3: Get a high-end amplifier. "A watt is a watt. I doubt most people can hear the difference between amplifiers unless you push them into clipping anyway."

MYTH #4: Your system must be upgraded with a "fancy" battery and alternator. "You'll notice I don't use either in my Altima, and that's because as long as you're just listening to music, you can get by with a factory battery and alternator. The only time an upgrade to the charging system is necessary is when sound pressure level [SPL] is more important. A system that's intended to be listened to with music at standard levels doesn't need a fancy battery or alternator."

MYTH #5: Keep power cables away from signal cables when you're running wires. "I still separate the two, but only to establish a cosmetic flow to the wiring scheme. But the reality is that, in a negative ground system — as in 99.9% of the cars on the road — the ground plane is the vehicle's chassis, and it carries with it a voltage potential. Simply routing signal wires along this ground plane can induce the same amount of noise as running signal cables right next to power cables. The electron potential of the car's chassis acts as one big antenna for noise, irrespective of where cables are in relation to each other. So routing signal wires and power wires on the opposite side of a vehicle is a completely moot point."

And these comments are for the world champion not a small time player. I think I 100% agree with this guy. I have highlited the main points which impressed the most in this writeup.

Also can any one please tell the quote of the dls iridium 6.3i componet in INR as I wanna cross check the same...........

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 26th June 2006 at 11:17.
Old 26th June 2006, 11:27   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
MYTH #3: Get a high-end amplifier. "A watt is a watt. I doubt most people can hear the difference between amplifiers unless you push them into clipping anyway."

And these comments are for the world champion not a small time player. I think I 100% agree with this guy. I have highlited the main points which impressed the most in this writeup.
Yup, Scotts the man, great guy... But though I disagree with him on his "a watt is a watt" theory, it is only my opinion and he's the champion...
Old 26th June 2006, 11:28   #81
BHPian

Hi guys... I finaly got my Upgrade on my set up.. got a awesoem 3 way install with HErtz 3 ways on the front soundstage...

It was an terrific install by Gunbir..JB and DRIVEN.... took abt 5-6 hrs but the result was a sweet sweet soundstage.... I especially liked the clean Mids and tight mid bass ..which are perfect for the strong vocals/rock I normally hear.... I actaully mute the rears nowadays ( have Infinity reference 6x9 ) in the rears...... the frotn soundstage gives me everythg I need......

The pics are already there on the thread posted by JKD...
Old 26th June 2006, 11:41   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup, Scotts the man, great guy... But though I disagree with him on his "a watt is a watt" theory, it is only my opinion and he's the champion...
It is ok that u dont agree with scott on this.

But can u comment on the first one.....

You're going to hear very minimal differences between them

Do u agree with him , So what is the differnce between the focals and the dls. ....in terms how they sound..........
Old 26th June 2006, 11:42   #83
BHPian

LBM,

I disagree with some points made by Mr. Scott Buwalda. But then it is me .

DLS Iridiums are very nice sounding speakers until and unless you can afford Focal Utopia Be's or Rainbow Platinums or Alpine F1 Status (based on Scan Speak Revelator). My suggestion to you is upgrade your amplifiers to good ones like Brax - Helix etc.
Old 26th June 2006, 11:44   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is ok that u dont agree with scott on this.

But can u comment on the first one.....

You're going to hear very minimal differences between them

Do u agree with him , So what is the differnce between the focals and the dls. ....in terms how they sound..........
LBM If there were no discernable differences between high end speakers, why is Scott manufacturin his own brand of speakers now... Again, I dont agree with him.
Old 26th June 2006, 11:48   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
LBM,

I disagree with some points made by Mr. Scott Buwalda. But then it is me .

DLS Iridiums are very nice sounding speakers until and unless you can afford Focal Utopia Be's or Rainbow Platinums or Alpine F1 Status (based on Scan Speak Revelator). My suggestion to you is upgrade your amplifiers to good ones like Brax - Helix etc.
Which one do u disagree any comments on that. I have given the quote for the older utopia not the be. So what differnce do u consider in both of them there are the specs of both of them.....

dls
http://www.dls.se/english/speakers/Iridium63i.htm

focal 165w3
http://www.precisioncarsound.co.nz/focalutopia.htm

About the amp will be going to change but not so fast........

And navin sam B&T wru ..........

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 26th June 2006 at 11:50.
Old 26th June 2006, 11:54   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LBM If there were no discernable differences between high end speakers, why is Scott manufacturin his own brand of speakers now... Again, I dont agree with him.

OK agreed but what is the diff between focal and dls.........
Old 26th June 2006, 11:58   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456
Hi guys... I finaly got my Upgrade on my set up.. got a awesoem 3 way install with HErtz 3 ways on the front soundstage...

It was an terrific install by Gunbir..JB and DRIVEN.... took abt 5-6 hrs but the result was a sweet sweet soundstage.... I especially liked the clean Mids and tight mid bass ..which are perfect for the strong vocals/rock I normally hear.... I actaully mute the rears nowadays ( have Infinity reference 6x9 ) in the rears...... the frotn soundstage gives me everythg I need......

The pics are already there on the thread posted by JKD...
This is what I want and like. Last day I got a Pio 7750 HU and I had to play with teh setting to get what I wanted to hear. My old Sony jsut deliver it and was easier to configure.

Can you post the breakup costs? and details of rest of teh config?
Old 26th June 2006, 12:03   #88
BHPian

I would suggest go for DLS Iridiums they suit your listening taste better and also it will be easier for you to install the DLS dome midrange in your car than focals cone midrange. In case you are going for focals make sure they are originals and in mint condition. Recently there were lot of focal fakes around.

Regarding the amplification I would suggest go for Graphic Pro series by Brax (great amplifiers, used them in the past) or Helix A Series if your budget is less.

I read that you are going for HX-D2, I would suggest you go 4 way active and use A6 for the speakers and A1 for the subwoofers.

Last edited by Autophile : 26th June 2006 at 12:04.
Old 26th June 2006, 12:19   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
This is what I want and like. Last day I got a Pio 7750 HU and I had to play with teh setting to get what I wanted to hear. My old Sony jsut deliver it and was easier to configure.

Can you post the breakup costs? and details of rest of teh config?
Hi JKD,

My old stuff:
Blaupunkt Sevilla Mp54 HU -- ( FOR SALE ) -mint condition still under Waranty
Infinity reference 9613 6x9 rears --- ( FOR SALE ) -mint condition still under Waranty
JBL 426 fronts ( now removed ) (FOR SALE ) --mint condition still under Waranty
PM me if intersted..

My new ICE:

Speakers: Hertz ESK163.3 - Rs. 11230 ( 3 way fronts )
Amp: Pioneer Premier GM-6150F - Rs 8360 ( 4 Channel )
RCA Interconnects: Audison FT2600 - 1520
Speaker Cable: Audison FT214 - 1760
Power Cables: Audison FPK300 Kit - 2190
Damping: AZaudiocomp FonoMat225 - 440
Old 26th June 2006, 15:57   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456
Speakers: Hertz ESK163.3 - Rs. 11230 ( 3 way fronts )
Amp: Pioneer Premier GM-6150F - Rs 8360 ( 4 Channel )
RCA Interconnects: Audison FT2600 - 1520
Speaker Cable: Audison FT214 - 1760
Power Cables: Audison FPK300 Kit - 2190
Damping: AZaudiocomp FonoMat225 - 440
Just 11k for 3-way front compo!!!! Seems to be very good deal for a 3-way speaker.
I am pleasantly surprised.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks