Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2006, 16:08   #91
BHPian

has amazing SQ...as I said..have faded my rears completely... the fronts are doing all teh work ..No subs..jsut the 3-way front compos with an amp...

The mids with Alicia Keys pounding on the piano sound astounding....

If there any rock...jazz or blues fans ..jsut go and get some Hertz compos installed..they are made for them......

Last edited by navin : 26th June 2006 at 19:33.
Old 26th June 2006, 17:03   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey SK,

Congratulations on your new setup. I am sure you must be excited about it and i can share your enthusiasm.
Just a friendly nudge,
please dont post one line messages every few minutes. It's not allowed at team-BHP
Old 26th June 2006, 17:07   #93
BHPian

Sorry Sam..didnt knwo abt that...
Old 26th June 2006, 18:10   #94
Senior - BHPian

Does any one has used listened to the DLS Iridium 6.3i Component set...........
Old 26th June 2006, 19:35   #95
Team-BHP Support

SK, I merged your posts. it is easier to read.

LBM, you going the way of KB and Tool? These are not cheap. I have seen them but not heard them so wont comment any further. They look well made and should perfrom well.
Old 26th June 2006, 20:45   #96
BHPian

Yes, we have used them and they are very good speakers. I have already listed the better options but they are expensive.
Old 26th June 2006, 21:31   #97
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
This is what I want and like. Last day I got a Pio 7750 HU and I had to play with teh setting to get what I wanted to hear. My old Sony jsut deliver it and was easier to configure.

Can you post the breakup costs? and details of rest of teh config?
So everybody faces this problem now. (Until now it was unheard). I changed my headUnit and I'm gone mad from then. And JK faces the same problem with 7750 which was far easy for me to setup and I used to get the sound I wanted.

So guys!! Beware!!! think all the negatives and positives while changing the HU!
Old 26th June 2006, 22:07   #98
Senior - BHPian

Glad that I got used to later when I reached home. Teh rotary thing was teh culprit. I though Pio was bad until I got it tuned for my ears.
Old 26th June 2006, 22:25   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
Yes, we have used them and they are very good speakers. I have already listed the better options but they are expensive.
Thanks JB , So for how much did u got them any price range about it....

Also which options u have listed except the hertz mille and focal utopia range.....
Old 26th June 2006, 23:31   #100
Team-BHP Support

MYTH #1: Certain brands win every time. "Equipment was infinitely important in the early '90s, but it's not nearly as important nowadays because the top 10 or 12 manufacturers are all building very solid product. You're going to hear very minimal differences between them. Today, you still have the zealots who will stand by their brand because it's the most expensive and carries the most weight in the competition scene. But the biggest decision for the entry-level enthusiast is to buy what sounds good to your ears."

my comments in itallics
Yes the top 10-12 or even 20 manufacturers all build a solid product but they can still sound different. Ever heard a Krell and Mark Levinson in the same system?

MYTH #2: The midrange and tweeter must be within 2 inches of each other to work properly. "You put the tweeter wherever it works, wherever it sounds good. I found it works exceptionally well with a high crossover frequency on the A pillar; it helps to widen and deepen the stage. About 5 or 6 years ago, if you had tweeters in your A pillars, you were scorned. Even today, people will email me, saying, 'I don't know how your car could possibly image or stage with the tweeter so close to your ear.'"

Agreed that trial and error are best to determine and there are few fixed rules if any but in general the closer the mid and tweeter are the better ever hear interpolar interference?

MYTH #3: Get a high-end amplifier. "A watt is a watt. I doubt most people can hear the difference between amplifiers unless you push them into clipping anyway."

Julian Hirsch School of Audio! If a Watt is a watt why buy any amp but a Sony 504. Does Scott follow the same logic when he build his systems?

MYTH #4: Your system must be upgraded with a "fancy" battery and alternator. "You'll notice I don't use either in my Altima, and that's because as long as you're just listening to music, you can get by with a factory battery and alternator. The only time an upgrade to the charging system is necessary is when sound pressure level [SPL] is more important. A system that's intended to be listened to with music at standard levels doesn't need a fancy battery or alternator."

Sure under most normal conditions you dont need a upgraded alternator/battery or dual battery system to power your amps but in competition SPL matters.

MYTH #5: Keep power cables away from signal cables when you're running wires. "I still separate the two, but only to establish a cosmetic flow to the wiring scheme. But the reality is that, in a negative ground system — as in 99.9% of the cars on the road — the ground plane is the vehicle's chassis, and it carries with it a voltage potential. Simply routing signal wires along this ground plane can induce the same amount of noise as running signal cables right next to power cables. The electron potential of the car's chassis acts as one big antenna for noise, irrespective of where cables are in relation to each other. So routing signal wires and power wires on the opposite side of a vehicle is a completely moot point."

Sure with a negative ground place noise floor is exactly that - the floor of the car; yet keeping the small signal wires away for the power wires also keep the +ve of the battey from inducing a field in poor RCA cables besides it can't hurt and allows for easier debugging.
Old 26th June 2006, 23:48   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
Thanks JB , So for how much did u got them any price range about it....

Also which options u have listed except the hertz mille and focal utopia range.....
Its been a long time since i had them...I think it was for some USD 700

I have recommended you Rainbow Platinums and Alpine F1 Status (you can also look in scan speak revelator series).

Last edited by Autophile : 26th June 2006 at 23:49.
Old 27th June 2006, 00:11   #102
Senior - BHPian

It means that they are for nearly 35k only. Then It is the best buy one can get as nearly every SQ award winnig car are having these sets......Will upload the link in few movements.......

Hope KB is reading this.........

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 27th June 2006 at 00:13.
Old 27th June 2006, 00:34   #103
Senior - BHPian

http://www.buwaldahybrids.com/Project%20Altima.htm

http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/189943/1

http://www2.hemsida.net/bilstereo/lime/index_lime.html

http://www2.hemsida.net/bilstereo/2003/10_System.html

http://www2.hemsida.net/bilstereo/2001/2002_system.html

Hope people will like these install AS they are the world BEST........

and everyone is using pioneer ODR series HU......

I think it is the fav of all SQ fans........

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 27th June 2006 at 00:38.
Old 27th June 2006, 01:07   #104
BHPian

all the install have dls iridiums.. hmm.. looks like a good choice... and i think they can be found for arnd 700 $ only on several websites..
but like gunman said.. prefrably.. have a listen first.. but the pair does look yummmy
cheeers
Old 27th June 2006, 04:08   #105
Senior - BHPian

Tool lots of people are using these iridiums and they all are hardcore audiophilles there whole life is revolving around these things. The install done buy are the really what say "dil khush hua" type. We people in this forum are yet to reach that level.........but will reach there with the help and support by all of the bhpins here..........

........Boom..........
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks