Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2006, 05:02   #1
BANNED

Dealer-installed music system?

I intend buying a new car and wish to have a good quality music system installed. What might be some of my choices and is it recommended to have it done through the dealer or shop around outside.
I reside in Mumbai.

Last edited by luvjascha : 26th May 2006 at 05:03.
Old 26th May 2006, 09:55   #2
BHPian

dealers and companies always marks their audio systems quite overpriced.

it is better to avoid buying it from them.
get it fixed from outside and you have lots of choices and yes, it won't harm ur warranty either.

one way to guess the actual cost of audio system is to ask them to deduct the price they were quoting for audio system, from the cost of car!!

you'll be surprised to know that they'll give you the benefit for only the half-cost of stereo!

so move out of dealership for audio systems.
Old 26th May 2006, 12:52   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha
I intend buying a new car and wish to have a good quality music system installed. What might be some of my choices and is it recommended to have it done through the dealer or shop around outside.
I reside in Mumbai.
There is always the safer option of buying your music system from outside and install it at the dealership before taking delivery of your car. In this way you have a wide range of music systems to choose from and also you get it at the right price and to top it all, your warranty wont get void.

For more info on car audio systems, why don't you check out the ICE section of team-bhp. The audio gurus there will be happy to help you for sure.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 26th May 2006 at 12:54.
Old 26th May 2006, 12:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

No...absolutely. Over priced is one thing, and they only offer u crappy models.

Instead just head out into the market, experiment with the speakers, HU's etc..pick the one u like and get it installed by the dealer(if he says u'll lose ur warranty or sumtin), or get it installed from where u got the stuff.
Old 26th May 2006, 15:53   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
There is always the safer option of buying your music system from outside and install it at the dealership before taking delivery of your car. In this way you have a wide range of music systems to choose from and also you get it at the right price and to top it all, your warranty wont get void.

For more info on car audio systems, why don't you check out the ICE section of team-bhp. The audio gurus there will be happy to help you for sure.

Cheers
Prince85,

I'm kinda new to the forum; how can I contact the audio gurus for their comments and suggestions?
Old 26th May 2006, 15:56   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Prince85,

I'm kinda new to the forum; how can I contact the audio gurus for their comments and suggestions?
All you need to do is ask out aloud.

So my friend, I haven't said anything, because the advice offered is correct.
If you are buying an audio system from the car dealer, i suggest you first find out the prices of the products from the car accessories market and go there armed with that information.
That said, not all car dealers are thieves. Some are even authorised dealers for car accessories.
First decide what you want in your car. This can be done on this forum if we know, what music you like, what car you are buying and what is your budget.
After that i suggest you go into the nearest car accessory market and get prices of the stuf YOU want. Then if your car dealer is willing to supply you what YOU want at the correct price, that's fine. otherwise buy the car and drive to the shop that can give you what you want and fit it correctly with a warranty.
Thats how it is.

So... now that you've started this thread, answer the preliminary questions first, so we can first start narrowing down some systems.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 26th May 2006 at 16:02.
Old 27th May 2006, 04:22   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
All you need to do is ask out aloud.

So my friend, I haven't said anything, because the advice offered is correct.
If you are buying an audio system from the car dealer, i suggest you first find out the prices of the products from the car accessories market and go there armed with that information.
That said, not all car dealers are thieves. Some are even authorised dealers for car accessories.
First decide what you want in your car. This can be done on this forum if we know, what music you like, what car you are buying and what is your budget.
After that i suggest you go into the nearest car accessory market and get prices of the stuf YOU want. Then if your car dealer is willing to supply you what YOU want at the correct price, that's fine. otherwise buy the car and drive to the shop that can give you what you want and fit it correctly with a warranty.
Thats how it is.

So... now that you've started this thread, answer the preliminary questions first, so we can first start narrowing down some systems.
Thanks Sam,

I am looking to buy an Indica Xeta. I simply enjoy listening to music whilst driving..sort of a de-stresser. Having said that, I'd like the sound quality to be crisp and clear. Depending on the mood, I typically listen to classic rock for the most part and soft rock at times. I'm not even keen on getting the 6-CD changer system; just a good music system with a single-CD player will work!!!
Because I am not aware of the brands available in the market, I really haven't decided on my budget yet; however, at this point, I want to say, somewhere in the range of 15-18K
What do you think about the Blaupunkt?
I reside in Mumbai and if any of you guys have dealt with and are aware of reliable places that deal in car music systems, please advise.

Last edited by luvjascha : 27th May 2006 at 04:31.
Old 27th May 2006, 13:57   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sam,..........................Because I am not aware of the brands available in the market, I really haven't decided on my budget yet; however, at this point, I want to say, somewhere in the range of 15-18K
What do you think about the Blaupunkt?
I reside in Mumbai and if any of you guys have dealt with and are aware of reliable places that deal in car music systems, please advise.
Pio HU 7-8k
front JBLcompo spk 6.5" 5-6k
rear JBL 6x9" 3-4k if u r not going for subw later.
wiring & install 2k.

If u can add 4-5k more,add sony 504 amplifier to power all 4 spk.
Old 29th May 2006, 12:13   #9
Team-BHP Support

HU: 8-9K Blaupunkt, Sony or Pioneer (make sure you get a Bill and Warranty)
Speakers: 6K for front components and a bit liess than 5K for rear 6x9 (since you are not adding a sub) JBL GTO series, Blaupunkt GT series, and Alpine SPS and SPE series might fit your budget.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks