Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2006, 21:56   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
Always go for an amp more powerful that the speakers....
Another word of caution... there are so many clones of Pio out there it has become difficult to make out... will not recommend PIO speakers for sure!..
My speakers were brought from the Pioneer authorised dealers in chennai. It comes with 1 year warranty. Are Sony AMPs better compared to Pioneer? Is Sony more compact? Is below the driver seat the best palce for install?
Old 25th July 2006, 22:06   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
My speakers were brought from the Pioneer authorised dealers in chennai. It comes with 1 year warranty. Are Sony AMPs better compared to Pioneer? Is Sony more compact? Is below the driver seat the best palce for install?
mail4ajo; first FIX your budget.

guys, he has a budget, dont confuse him ( yah yah i knw )

1) Do you use boot?
2) Do you flip over ur rear seat for takign extra luggage?

FOr a budget below 5k, I would suggest teh SOny amp or JVC amp ( you can pm kpzen for a review of teh same). A Pio sub in a tuned box would be good for Alto.

If you can give us a fixed budget we can giev you more options.

Do get good RCA cables when you install. I would suggest a 4 channel amp for headroom. The next best amp I can suggest is PIo 6000 or 6100 or 6150. They are VFM @ grey prices.

abt subs:
A sub-in-a-box; tight boom
A tube sub: boomy
Also, possible, IB install . Cheaper way.

well?
Old 25th July 2006, 22:07   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Hi again!
That last sentence in bracket is a nice welcome here!
I am thinking about your Alto audio setup..... Imaging the money you spend on that, gives me nightmares

Quote:
And if you want some SPL, just get a Ported box for the SUB. And it will give enough bass which can knock your head. If you're going for this setup, make sure you fill the boot door with cloth waste and change the panel there to MDF.
Whats an SPL?(please ignore my lack of knowledge). I have installed the speakers on the boot panel. It has been changed to hard wood panel. Will that do?
Old 25th July 2006, 22:11   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am thinking about your Alto audio setup..... Imaging the money you spend on that, gives me nightmares

Whats an SPL?(please ignore my lack of knowledge). I have installed the speakers on the boot panel. It has been changed to hard wood panel. Will that do?
SPL ; sound pressure level. I would say no for a family guy

You have IB install fro rear speakers?

and here, go through this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...rminology.html
Old 25th July 2006, 22:18   #65
Senior - BHPian

Jk, here are the answers for your questions:

1) Do you use boot? - rarely except for some shopping.
2) Do you flip over ur rear seat for takign extra luggage? - Never done it, and dont think it will be neccesary either

If you can give us a fixed budget we can giev you more options - 7K is my budget, but I would love all my stuff to be with warranty to as to be safe.

Do get good RCA cables when you install - I have only the original cables which came OE with the audio setup.
Old 26th July 2006, 19:02   #66
BANNED

Quote:
If you can give us a fixed budget we can giev you more options - 7K is my budget, but I would love all my stuff to be with warranty to as to be safe.

Do get good RCA cables when you install - I have only the original cables which came OE with the audio setup.
7K is very less for a whole setup I think. So, go step by step upgrade as JK said before. Get a good 4channel amp for this budget with B&W.

Original cables are not of good quality. especially the ones which comes with speakers. And you'll have to get good quality power cables and RCS cords for amp.
Old 26th July 2006, 20:33   #67
Senior - BHPian

ok!
now, @ 7k

1) 4 channel sony amp @ 5k max
2) PIo sub! oops out of budget
3) RCA cable! oops , out of budget

think grey is the way!

and abt boot, check ,my install pix; c my amp placemnt
Old 26th July 2006, 22:37   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
ok!
and abt boot, check ,my install pix; c my amp placemnt
Thanks for the info. I have installed the speakers on the boot panel. I dont have the parcel tray. What alternative position can I have for the AMP?

Can I set up the SUB in such a way that I can easily remove it when I expect to have luggage in the boot?
Old 26th July 2006, 22:42   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
7K is very less for a whole setup I think. So, go step by step upgrade as JK said before. Get a good 4channel amp for this budget with B&W.
I guess you are right. 7K for AMP in 3-4 months and SUB by in the first quarter next year. If I get the 4 channel AMP, can I retain the same speaker setup?
Old 26th July 2006, 22:43   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I have installed the speakers on the boot panel. I dont have the parcel tray. What alternative position can I have for the AMP?
YOu can put in on the seat back - of hte rear seat... Else against the side of the car... near the tail lamp... depends on the size of the ampo though.. or even on the floor with a pexiglass cover on top to save it from luggage!

Quote:
Can I set up the SUB in such a way that I can easily remove it when I expect to have luggage in the boot?
Sure you can... USe banana plugs.. and pull it out when not required.. Ensure you make the boxes with some lifting provision of some sort... No handles pls... that will rattle like crazy ..!
Old 26th July 2006, 22:47   #71
BHPian

ya the sub can be installed in such a way. jus a clip or two to be removed and the sub can be taken out.
Old 27th July 2006, 00:38   #72
BANNED

Quote:
I guess you are right. 7K for AMP in 3-4 months and SUB by in the first quarter next year. If I get the 4 channel AMP, can I retain the same speaker setup?
Ok. That's good. Better wait and buy the best rather than go for cheap mediocre stuff. And it's better to recheck just before you buy. Because after 3-4 months, ICE maybe different.

Your speakers are just Ok.
Old 27th July 2006, 06:40   #73
Senior - BHPian

Fix the amp behind teh rear seat like in ...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpicg...?do=big&p=1331
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ro-xing-6.html

and if you get a tube/box sub, you can take it out whenever you need to. Also, if you could spend a little more, look at the SWWS install!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks