Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2006, 02:04   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
JB and Gunbir took time out from their busy schedule to meet me. It was a learning experience. If you are considering Hertz, KB, take look at the Mille series of their speakers. Few companies (Focal, Boston Pro, Infinity Perfect, ScanSpeak, Morel Israel, excluded) have more complete catalogs.
Navinji, I am still pissed we were'nt able to spend more time together. It had initially appeared as if 5 whole days in Mumbai were more than enough to do everything we wanted... but we were so wrong... Mumbai was a whirlwind and I havent seen a week go by faster... Well, theres always a next time...
Old 20th June 2006, 02:08   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
.. (I am sure Gunbir too is banging his head somewhere now!)
.................................................. .............
Old 20th June 2006, 09:42   #243
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
...Kb when to Pete's shop to testdrive a Pete's box and he went for a drive and bling! he bought it...
KB bought the whole shop? Geez KB whatever you do for a living let us in on it!
Old 20th June 2006, 09:49   #244
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Navinji, I am still pissed we were'nt able to spend more time together. It had initially appeared as if 5 whole days in Mumbai were more than enough to do everything we wanted... but we were so wrong... ...
1. Dont expect Mumbai sales to compare to Delhi. Delhi outsells Mumbai in consumer goods 3:1. You see Delhi pays no tax, has more electricity theft than any other major city in the world, and earns more money in "commisions" that any city in the world. All that expendable income needs an avenue. Besides Delhiites seem to splurge just to keep up with the "Sharmas".

2. Mumbai traffic speeds are 1/3 - 1/4 that of Delhi so you spend more time stuck in traffic and less time doing work esp. on a sales tour.

3. Mumbai's night life is incomparable to anyother city in India, Bangy comes close though. In my younger days partying till 4am and being at work at 8am was the norm 7 days a week.
Old 20th June 2006, 21:21   #245
Senior - BHPian

bhai log....PLEASE dont take my opinion in a wrong way yaar. I am too happy that WE all are here to explore ICE and that everybody's exploring passion to their fullest. It was just a strike that came onto my mind. Sorry yaar if i hurted anybody's sentiments (incl Kb100 and our apna bau, LBM).
Please go ahead....i'll be MORE than happy to listen (and hence, LEARN) to your set-ups someday, INSHALLAH!! Take care gyz. Cheers!
Old 21st June 2006, 01:25   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
what about the hybrid one......what is it price......
Dint ask... I was speechless hearing the cost of the Elates 6's!!
Old 21st June 2006, 01:44   #247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dint ask... I was speechless hearing the cost of the Elates 6's!!
Speechless at how ridiculously cheap they were, doubtless Is that the next item on your shopping list ? I gotta see your car, Sujit - I really have to.
Old 21st June 2006, 01:50   #248
Senior - BHPian

Coming from someone who is trying to sell FOUR NOS kits - You can take my car anytime! ... lol..... Go to SLEEP Steer.. I know I am going to!!

Last edited by kb100 : 21st June 2006 at 01:51.
Old 21st June 2006, 13:46   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now that the Rears have been fixed... and the sub too!.,.. now comes the most important part of the soundstage.. THE FRONT COMPONENTS..

I have gone around in circles... to my mind have done about three complete ones till now.. This eve again back to square 1 - Part of it is the SEVERE handicap of deciding on something without listening to them... Again where significant money (for me!) is involved -these decisions take on a life/death hue! .. (I am sure Gunbir too is banging his head somewhere now!)

Since I have no other go.. GURU BABA LOG - Please pool in your views on some of the BEST set of components you have had an opportunity to hear..
Kb, For the fronts, here are some good options I can think of. (in order of budget and budget alone)

1. Illusion Audio Nd6.1 - Rs. 25000/- (definitely the one I have most experience with)

2. Dynaudio System 240 Mk2 - Rs. 30000/-

3. Hertz MLK3 - (I have no clue about the price, never heard it either, but it looks luscious)

4. Alipne F1 series SPX Z15 M - (International list is about USD1500, never bothered about the local price, would be my best bet if I could get it at USD 1000 or under)

5. Focal Utopia BE N6 - (I hear it's about 150,000 locally)

Of these, the Hertz is a 3-way but should be easy to accomodate since one of the drivers is ribbon based. And I also assume it's priced over the Dynaudio and below the Alpine)

You wouldn't get a warranty and bill on the Dynaudio to the best of my knowledge.

Cheapest SQ option would probably be the Infinity Reference Series.

Rainbow pricing in India is through the roof. Add to that the fact that it's expensive abroad too (atleast the lines that matter), and that's serious money. But a little birdy told me PTC does good deals (read as discounts)on high-value products.

Maybe, just maybe you could audition the MB Quart Q series, but i somehow have a feeling that you might get a bit put off by the tweeter.

I exclude the Morels simply because they aren't really the 'punchy, mule-like' types that you desire. And I haven't seen any top-end Morels on store shelves. Just the Pulse series, that is quite ordinary.
Old 21st June 2006, 14:14   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
But a little birdy told me PTC does good deals (read as discounts)on high-value products.

I exclude the Morels simply because they aren't really the 'punchy, mule-like' types that you desire. And I haven't seen any top-end Morels on store shelves. Just the Pulse series, that is quite ordinary.
WOkay B&T... that was really helpful!

BTW - Whats/who is PTC?? .. and which of these products do they deal with..

Dont the Dyns need like 300-400wrms to wake up??

Mereku lagta hai ki meri aur vaatt lagne waali hai maamuu...
Old 21st June 2006, 14:41   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin

3. Mumbai's night life is incomparable to anyother city in India, Bangy comes close though. In my younger days partying till 4am and being at work at 8am was the norm 7 days a week.
Huh?! Night life in Bangy?? Thats a thing of the distant past..
These days all we do is hit bed at 1130, like good boys.. Side benefit (probably intended by the cops) is that it leads to a healthier lifestyle....
Old 21st June 2006, 18:46   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Hmm... I agree with B&T... Morels are a bit soft and mushy, their mid/bass is not to my taste, but their high end tweeters are nice. Everything else below is pretty much ordinary.

The new Dyns 242 can be bought in India for 44000. And more in line with your taste. We like them over the Morels and Focals for sure.

The Mille sets are a different breed of product. You have to hear them to believe that. FYI the MLK3 is priced at INR 128000.

Also, the new SEAS Reference are dur for launch shortly. Whatsay KB?
Old 21st June 2006, 19:07   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Hmm... I agree with B&T... Morels are a bit soft and mushy, their mid/bass is not to my taste, but their high end tweeters are nice. Everything else below is pretty much ordinary.

The new Dyns 242 can be bought in India for 44000. And more in line with your taste. We like them over the Morels and Focals for sure.

The Mille sets are a different breed of product. You have to hear them to believe that. FYI the MLK3 is priced at INR 128000.

Also, the new SEAS Reference are dur for launch shortly. Whatsay KB?
VAAAAT MAAMU!! ... Seas.. 60 k?... ***faint***
Old 21st June 2006, 19:45   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
VAAAAT MAAMU!! ... Seas.. 60 k?... ***faint***
Once you pop, you CANT stop !!!
Old 21st June 2006, 21:57   #255
BHPian

Kb,why dont u go for good 3-way front speakers?Why waste ek lakh ka amplifier on 2-way speakers?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks