Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2006, 23:33   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
Correcting my previous post, got confused

Here is the clarification guys.

Pioneer P80RS has stereo sub outputs in both Standard and Network mode.

Though I would still like to test the outputs for genuine L-R signal.
Some Blau units too have 2 stereo outs!
Old 3rd June 2006, 23:59   #47
Senior - BHPian

ayyo!!... wots been happening here ??? ... Ghoom firke yeh meri galti kabse ho gayi....

... comforting to know about the Stereo putput... so lets DHOOM MACHAA DE DHOOM--- IN STEREO!!! ... JB's the BOSS!!

And SAmmie...
Let me know the next time you are fying into the "Gawd's On Kundry" ... I will have a few surprises waiting for you in your room!! (by way of atonement!)

In the meantime...what about the boxes??... Both the subs together in one partitioned box?... or two independant sealed boxes on two distinct corners of the boot..

Last edited by kb100 : 4th June 2006 at 00:13.
Old 4th June 2006, 01:18   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
In the meantime...what about the boxes??... Both the subs together in one partitioned box?... or two independant sealed boxes on two distinct corners of the boot..
Arrey baba.... here we go again...
Old 4th June 2006, 10:18   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ayyoooo , kollleee. Whats your landline no? Need to speak to you wifey or shut up and stop asking questions :P

And ehem, I have a doubt. So we have two sub outs...ok? ok. So if we do have to seperate sub out for left channel and right channel, why would one have both teh subs in teh same box? Dont you want to "feel" teh left and right seperately?

And why not have an eight inch sub under each frnt seats ( one for each channel) and tehn a 10 or 12inch in the boot as a fill? Idea na?
Old 4th June 2006, 13:12   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BOL BABY BOL!! .. kaise karen Rock'N Roll!!

LIke LBM sAys... Guru log - Please shed some light on this!!
Old 4th June 2006, 13:21   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BOL BABY BOL!! .. kaise karen Rock'N Roll!!

LIke LBM sAys... Guru log - Please shed some light on this!!
I am no guru. But dont you think my logic is right?
Old 4th June 2006, 13:27   #52
Senior - BHPian

Go for two independent box. It will help while u need some boot in case of emergency. Also one can lift a box at a time they will be lighter than a two sub one. I myself is using a 2 boxes. Earlier I had a single box with two sub the sub alone weighted 18-20 kgs and the box including made the box weight to nearly 40-45 kgs. which is very heavy to pick up. Also I noticed even with good sealing the second sub will move when first one is played alone thus mix up the whole setup.....

Anyway it is up to If ur a Body Builder then definitely go for a single partition box If not u must go for a two independant boxes. Also with two diff box u can select all the diff config which u cannot do with a single one.
Old 4th June 2006, 13:30   #53
Senior - BHPian

Typical of the ICE forum...one person comes in with a question to which he already knows the answer, and then the whole forum ends up confusing each other to the extent that nobody is sure about anything anymore.

I'm outta here before they all jump on me - THAT is one thing they will all agree on.

Last edited by Steeroid : 4th June 2006 at 13:31.
Old 4th June 2006, 14:08   #54
BANNED

KB100 is causing it!
And luckily, it's for good. Otherwise we could've fried him. Ne?

Thanx man, You made the gurus, rajas, charans, prajas etc.. to open up their bags of expertise in this very important issue!
Old 4th June 2006, 15:05   #55
Senior - BHPian

@ speedsak.. Tanks man.. thats what I thought too..

@Steer-- RUNnnnn................ lol

@JK... MAN YOU ARE A GURU!!... Make no mistake!

@LBM... Exactly what I was thinking!!... From the practical angle makes sense to have two seperate boxes... wanted to get the sonic angle from the guru log..

I HATE WEEKENDS>.. all the guru's go get smashed silly on wine & wimmen and dont wake up till Monday eve!! ... Then they take another day to forget the "hooters" and the -"phase-plugs" they have seen over the weekend...Not to mention the "tweeters" they have tweaked - or attempted to .. In series or in parallel!! - Wow - now THAT's a THOUGHT!! .. (there was some mention of a few guru's being too busy writing!!) .. finally the first useful advice finally sees the light on Wedesday afternoon!! ...

Navin is an exception to this of course.. he had proclaimed he had renounced his wild ways a decade ago..! ... Wonder what became of all them "WILD-OATS" ... SAMMM SAAAAAMmmmm... SHed some light on it will ya!!
!

Last edited by kb100 : 4th June 2006 at 15:15.
Old 4th June 2006, 15:07   #56
Senior - BHPian

kb why not 2 subs under teh seat and one in tha boot?
Old 4th June 2006, 15:09   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
kb why not 2 subs under teh seat and one in tha boot?
Why not remove all the seats and replace them with subs? Use the boot to hide the amps, et al. Buy a trailer to carry batteries to run the whole setup. Preferably buy a tractor to pull the car so that you can remove the engine and use the bonnet space for sound too. Replace steering with a similar sized woofer for that in-your-face sound..
Old 4th June 2006, 15:16   #58
Senior - BHPian

Steer is 'shore' missing the beer!! ... and raining a different kind too!!
Old 4th June 2006, 15:17   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Why not remove all the seats and replace them with subs? Use the boot to hide the amps, et al. Buy a trailer to carry batteries to run the whole setup. Preferably buy a tractor to pull the car so that you can remove the engine and use the bonnet space for sound too. Replace steering with a similar sized woofer for that in-your-face sound..
well, he would have. but being a married guy he cant :P

OT! By the way,wont the chassis of a 10inch sub be a good steering?
Old 4th June 2006, 15:19   #60
Senior - BHPian

A see a lot of fuss here on stereo versus mono subwoofers, which revolves around 3D image perception by our ears using stereo sound. Some are saying subwoofers are omnidirectional whereas some others are saying that even subwoofer image can be percived. Both views are right, but the confussion can be ceared with some more information...

Actually, our ears do have ability to percive stereo image at very low frequency as well. But how you transfer two independent sound waves to left and right years is the key. Even at 100Hz, the wavelength of sound is over 3 meter! you know what is the distance between your ears, of course its very small compared to this. At 20Hz the wavelength will become 5 times longer. So it is not possible to send independed bass signals to two ears without sending almost the same signal to the other ear, through distant speakers, no matter what setup you use. It can only be done by using headphones. Otherwise why should 5.1 and other advanced sound schemes sacrifice 2nd subwoofer, where the primary requirement is high fidelity 3D sound? Therefore be it home or car, as long as you are using speakers you need only one subwoofer, even for audiophiles

By the way, any N.1 sound system can be theoretically reproduced by using only two speakers (in headphone). Dolby has some such scheme called dolby-headphone or something. Similarly some home AVR receivers from Yamaha have such feature.

Most Viewed