Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2006, 21:40   #736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
I just cant wait to hear those beauties in action. Oh, that Non pressed paper woofer is more sexier than pimples on Madhuri's cheeks.
Tell me you meant 'dimples' and not 'pimples' !!!
Old 12th September 2006, 21:47   #737
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
Can someone help me with Neon wire and LED prices??.. I have the Audison pricelist.
Kb, EbBass doesnt seem to have the neon wiring, I didnt actually stop by but a friend who is close to the brothers called in front of me and checked. In fact he is behind them for the same in his install.

Im after single LED's, no source/price info till now. HAAAAAAALP
Old 12th September 2006, 21:58   #738
Senior - BHPian

awww... there must be some other place for sure!

I am somehow attraced to the neon wire idea... only worry being if we can get them to describe a perfect circle - ... you know ... without kinks!

@ NAvin... Those boys are full of ideas! -- all expensive!

Last edited by kb100 : 12th September 2006 at 21:59.
Old 12th September 2006, 21:58   #739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh, that Non pressed paper woofer is more sexier than pimples on Madhuri's cheeks.
I haven't heard a more enthusiastic description of some audio gear for quite a while now!

Quote:
@B&T, Great pic of those Illusions! And shocked to hear it's just 5.25"!!!!
Ok, and shocked why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah
Im after single LED's, no source/price info till now. HAAAAAAALP
Uh, they're so hard to find? There are loads of them here in Bombay. What color do you want? Is blue okay?
Old 12th September 2006, 21:59   #740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
awww... there must be some other place for sure!

I am somehow attraced to the neon wire idea... only worry being if we can get them to describe a perfect circle - ... you know ... without kinks!
Kb, if I were you, I would be posting less often and would have been busy in my chaddi getting all my gear in the car.
Old 12th September 2006, 22:03   #741
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@ NAvin... Those boys are full of ideas! -- all expensive!
It took you so long to find out? :-) LOL
Old 12th September 2006, 22:04   #742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Kb, if I were you, I would be posting less often and would have been busy in my chaddi getting all my gear in the car.
Precisely 10 days from now I will be doing EGGGJJJJJAAAAKKTLY that! ...

Boy the wait!!

Got a crazy load of things to attend to in the meantime - both on the work and home front!
Old 12th September 2006, 23:09   #743
Senior - BHPian

B&T ... can you let me know the Mumbai prices of those blue LED's ... and the neon wire too if possible pls??
Old 12th September 2006, 23:28   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
B&T ... can you let me know the Mumbai prices of those blue LED's ... and the neon wire too if possible pls??
Hey Kbji,

I Have One Green Elwire By Streetglow And 2 Blue Chinese Neons.
( Elwire Is Not Used And Neons Are Used For 6 Months )
If You Want Let Me Know.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 13th September 2006, 00:25   #745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
a) Morel Israel used to licence technology from Dynaudio (including the Hexatech voicecoil) I have used their MDT33 and recent Supreme tweeters (and other less fascinating stuff) and trust me that thing could be XOed at 1,5kHz/6db and absorb 200W (Adcom GFA555) no sweat. Now the MDT33 was in 1987.
Morel has some nice stuff. Navinji what are your thoughts on the supreme...
Old 13th September 2006, 00:25   #746
BANNED

Quote:
Ok, and shocked why?
I thought it would be a 6.5 for the size. And to hear it's a 5.25 was shocking. So, how big will the 6.5 be???

Quote:
Uh, they're so hard to find? There are loads of them here in Bombay. What color do you want? Is blue okay?
KB, there's another man to do SubContractorGiri for you!! Grab him!! Now.

Or alternatively consider Mugen's offer!!

Last edited by speedzak : 13th September 2006 at 00:28.
Old 13th September 2006, 00:34   #747
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I thought it would be a 6.5 for the size. And to hear it's a 5.25 was shocking. So, how big will the 6.5 be???
Oh, ok. Lol. Although the answer is that a 6.5" will only be 6.5" in size.

An easy way to tell a 5.25 from a 6.5 in a pic is from the basket. Mostly the standard chassis for the 5.25 wil have ears for the screw holes. The basket wont be completely circular. In the 6.5", it always is.

Quote:
KB, there's another man to do SubContractorGiri for you!! Grab him!! Now.

Or alternatively consider Mugen's offer!!
Arre kb bhai ke liye sab kuch karna padta hai. (Not that 'sab kuch', wicked minds )

Yeah, I wonder why Mugen doesn't want to use his? But if he really has no use for it, maybe you should get it. I'll tell you the LED prices anyway.
Old 13th September 2006, 00:44   #748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Honestly its a very good looking well built woofer! Am sure they do a good job as well... Have heard the midbass needs a lot of installing to get it to boom!!
KB. Yes. But what you have to understand is high end midbass drivers or woofers (if in a 3way) are designed to be play fast and light. They are not designed or meant to do low bass. By installing properly, you can get very good, tight, fast 'upper' bass. It is wrong to expect deep bass from these drivers. What most people dont get is that the rest is for a quality sub to do. It should just APPEAR as if the woofer is making a lot of the bass upfront.

The Dyns midbass also play fast, but way better. The Seas midbass are even faster, very light, snappy. If you cross these drivers too low, you will end up losing a lot of the dynamics on vocals and upper midbass. Typically, 70-80Hz is a good region to HP these drivers. The Hertz Mille midbass is the only one I've recently seen that can do very low bass, yet maintain good midrange and dynamics. While all of these are great drivers, some people dont understand these facts and they expect their high end midbasses to do their subs job.

In fact, one advantage of a 3way set is that you could go pretty low without hurting the midrange output. In tyour case, the HV165L is different from the regular HV165 found in the 2way sets. Of course it looks different. But it also handles more power, goes lower and is not designed to do upper midrange, hence designed for use in a 3way system. The HV165L if crossed low, will play well, but will take your doors to task. Thats where the damping comes in... I remember the regular HSK163 (cone mid version) we installed with an LRx5 in an Indica and while the midbass play well crossed as low as 50Hz, the doors would give up around 70Hz and rattle like hell. Fortunately, you have a lot of damping material and the accents doors are way better built.

Cheers.
Old 13th September 2006, 01:04   #749
Senior - BHPian

The bass driver of a 3-way can be very potent. The doors should be well damped and the maximum potential of the woofer should be utilised. The sub in such circumstances should ideally be kept to a bare minimum (in terms of frequency) so as to keep the bass as forward as possible.

I've had great experiences using components with 8" woofers in the front, and cutting the subs at 50-55Hz. Using this frequency point as a LP for the sub and HP for the comps, the whole drumkit appears to be right under your nose! And in your case, the advantage on your side is that power (read as money), is not a concern.
Old 13th September 2006, 01:19   #750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The sub in such circumstances should ideally be kept to a bare minimum (in terms of frequency) so as to keep the bass as forward as possible.
Exactly, thats what we have in mind for his setup. And thats also one of the reasons we chose iDQ10s for this system... they will blend in purrfect, LP'ed at 63Hz (cuz thats what the P80 allows, or 50Hz which may be a tad low).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks