Team-BHP - 2 Subs - Dual Mono or Stereo - "Kb ka dB"
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   2 Subs - Dual Mono or Stereo - "Kb ka dB" (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/13888-2-subs-dual-mono-stereo-kb-ka-db-8.html)

The frequency you choose in (HPF or LPF) is the point from where the cutof (shelving) above or below that frequency point takes place. The attenuation is dependent on slope which is represented in dB/oct, decibles attenuated per octave of frequency spectrum above or below the cut off point.

Even at 36db/oct slope at 100Hz your subwoofer is playing information above 100Hz.

6db/oct is the shallowest (first order) and the steepest can go upto 72dB/oct (12th order) though in car audio only upto 36 dB/oct (6th order) is used. Some reference equipment now alows to go even higher.

Slope plays very important in integration of drivers, also the phase alignment is dependent on the slope you choose.

IS that a sidestep??... or a request??

It measn that in 24db or we can say 5th order how much information will above 100 hz ????????????

I did not meant that if the crossover point is 100 hx there will be no freq above 100hz they will be less.

If the subwoofer is installed in the rear tray, setting a high cut-off frequency of L.P.F. of the subwoofer separates the bass and gives the listener the feeling that the bass is coming from behind. The L.P.F. of the subwoofer is recommended to be set at 100 Hz or below.

**singing**

Here comes the side-steppa ..muuuurderer
I yam the SPL gangsta ..muuurderer
Pick up the subs in the area ... muuurderer
Still the slopes are like thaaat .. muuuurderer!!

am inspired by you know who!!:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by low_bass_makker
DETECTED !!!!!

IP Address : XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX originating from xxx has initiated Yahoo search for "Crossover Slopes Tutorials".

Way to long to answer man...........

Hahahhahahhahha...Get original....rather than fading your Ctrl, C, V keys of your keyboard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autophile
Slope plays very important in integration of drivers, also the phase alignment is dependent on the slope you choose.

Sir shed some light .................

... LBM... When using extracts from other places pls mention the source... You can get the forum into serious trouble if you dont!

And if that is a downloadable resource will be grateful if you could PM me the link...

I will give the source here it self that everbody will get the benifit.
It is from the Pioneer Site there Premium EQ DEX-P90RS manual link is below......
http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/product_de...onomy_id=25-29

U can download the manual from the above site..........

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/su...t/manuals.html

here is the link for the manual as it will be difficult for some people to find how to download the manual as it is no directly linked on the above page..............

Thank you very much LBM! ...:)

Yes... now my understanding is muddy - despite reading what you had posted... all I could understand was the slopes are different for a parcel tray and a box in the boot install ... Wonder if I am right on that... Yes a simpler explanation would be most welcome!

My suggestion is let's all wait for a while till Navin dives in head-first with some Linkwitz-Riley, Bessels and some Butterworth for good measure. I somehow have a feeling he's going to enjoy this one.

B&T to make the discussion even more interesting...can you please include the 4th type too :)

I don't like the fourth type because I can't pronounce it properly. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by santosh.s
When you are saying Low E is 42Hz, that makes sense only if it is a sine wave. In practice no instrument produce pure sine waves, they produce a spectrum of frequencis. As per my knowledge, flute is the instrument which comes close to producing sine waves. Is that the case with guitars also?? I guess not.

My 2 cents: That 42 Hz will be the fundamental frequency. The note will also contain higher harmonics (Fourier components), but not lower frequencies. The sum total of this fundamental plus the harmonics is sometimes referred to as the "timbre" of the instrument. Different instruments (eg. A violin and a harmonium) playing the same note sounds different (ie, have different timbres) because the relative strengths of the high harmonics are different in them.
In the same vein, it is easy to understand why the high frequency cut-off of hi-fi amps are often extended upto 100 kHz or more. Suppose our hearing limit is 20 kHz. But a 20 kHz note from an instrument will definitely contain 40 kHz, 60 kHz etc, in different amounts. A faithful amp should reproduce these frequencies too: otherwise it is distortion (whether this distortion can be "heard" or not is a subject vast enough for another never-ending thread :Frustrati )
cheers
Reji

Please use the edit feature usefully, It means I never wrote the above statment.............
Mods If u can Plz see to it................

hmmm.... Honestly LBM, I mean you no ill-will, but you have to understand the first role of a forum, there's no place for an ego here.

I understand you mean well and love audio greatly. There are a lot of people here that love audio too, as much as you do. Of these people, a few are more knowledgeable that the others, simply because it is their business, or others because it is their eccentricity and they have years of that behind them.
You know what I do for a living don't you, my friend? And yet i learn from everyone here, without trying to prove that what i feel is right.

This is audio, LBM, there is no right or wrong. It's a matter of taste and there's no accounting for taste is there? So really, I agree with you in priniciple and so does B&T and we are happy to not entirely agree with Autophile and Gunbir and we're all cool with it.

There will always be an opinion that will differ with yours. Enjoy it. It's no fun if everyone thinks the way you do.

I meant this as good advice and mean no offense to you. In fact I like your enthusiasm, sometimes.