Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2006, 20:31   #1
BHPian

hey guys... Friend got a Free set of blaupunkt velocity VPc 172 . need reviews..

hello everyone... umm my friend just 2 sets of these 6.5 inch 2-way blaupunkt velocity VPc 172 components for free... his uncle opened up the blau store here in mumbai or something like that.. well anyways.. just wanted your opinions on them guys... he is getting them installed in his baleno btw... has also has a alpine MRV-F540 4 channel amp too.. so... help here guys... thanx a lot

Last edited by Tool : 3rd June 2006 at 20:32.
Old 3rd June 2006, 20:37   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

The components are good. And whenever something's free, it's superb.
So whatever opinions we have doesnt matter
Old 3rd June 2006, 22:42   #3
BHPian

with Sam!!! Man u hav a great sense of humour.
Old 4th June 2006, 00:10   #4
BANNED

That's a great thing to have. I have velocity components in my car and it sounds good. And with that Alpine amp, those should be rocking! Why does'nt he get himself a nice SUB too?
Old 4th June 2006, 01:37   #5
BHPian

hey thanx a lot speedzak
i will tell him that they are good .... thank you for being helpfull bro.....
he did have a sub .. had it stolen.. so now he is waiting for a bit to get some cash ... they ripped off his car real bad..... lost quite a bit.. but yes in a month or so he will have a sub rolling... he lost a alpine MRD 1001... the same monoblock as me as well... along with a alpine.. 9833 HU..
he had a JL audio sub too that was taken.,.. this Blau set was just a present from his uncle.. feeling bad for him i guesss.. hehehe even i want such angels looking after me hehehe... but thank you again very much... i am dying to hear them too .. will give my feedback on monday...
Old 4th June 2006, 13:35   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool
hey thanx a lot speedzak
i will tell him that they are good .... thank you for being helpfull bro.....
he did have a sub .. had it stolen.. so now he is waiting for a bit to get some cash ... they ripped off his car real bad..... lost quite a bit.. but yes in a month or so he will have a sub rolling... he lost a alpine MRD 1001... the same monoblock as me as well... along with a alpine.. 9833 HU..
he had a JL audio sub too that was taken.,.. this Blau set was just a present from his uncle.. feeling bad for him i guesss.. hehehe even i want such angels looking after me hehehe... but thank you again very much... i am dying to hear them too .. will give my feedback on monday...
You're most welcome BRO! (to borrow Gunbir's words; "That's what we're here for")

And hearing what happened to your friend, that's really a shame man! I cannot just figure out how he managed himself after losing that MRD1001,9833 & JL Sub. Hope this guy is not roaming the streets with a fully loaded 9mm!! I would've blown that CHOR into a hundred pieces and enjoyed eating him too.
Old 4th June 2006, 15:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
I would've blown that CHOR into a hundred pieces and enjoyed eating him too.
FOLKS... We have the first self confessed CANNIBAL member on our forum!!... .... LOL

Speedzak... man remind me to tread very carefully whenever we meet up... would not like to meet THAT end!
Old 4th June 2006, 21:40   #8
BHPian

hey speedzak.. yeah bro.. even i was shattred....my poor friend was in shock.... and the killer bit was.. the install was not more than 5 months old.... the only consoling thing was he bought the alpine head unit and mrd 1001 with bill and warranty and insurance.. he got free insurance for the 9833 Hu atleast for 12 months .. and since he had the faceplate.. we got the HU back... but the mrd 1001.. is gone.. and so is the sub... in hindsight.. just got my insurance done today....
wouldnt want this to happen to even my worst enemy !!!.. welll maybe i would hehehehehe but its a shame... so now hopefully in sometime we can rebuild his system... fingers crossed..... and thank you again bro
big big booom
Old 5th June 2006, 10:40   #9
Team-BHP Support

The Velocity series (Blaupunkt) is quite good. But you heard that already.

However I will add like most second rung component speakers systems (Infinity non-Perfect, Alpine Type R, Boston Pro, and some Focals) these too will benefit a lot from an upgrading of crossover components esp of the capacitors. CTR make good poly caps to be got for a song from your fav. shop on lamington road.

Just dont ask Sam to do the singing! :-)

Last edited by navin : 5th June 2006 at 10:41.
Old 5th June 2006, 19:15   #10
BHPian

hehehe.. i wont.. lol...
thank you very much sir navin...
umm just 1 question.. the balupunkt comes with crrossovers.. but as you mentioned they would benefit from the addition of good quality poly caps from CTR.. umm whom can i have this done by ? and i live 2 seconds away from lamington road.. so what do i ask for ?? but id rather i get this done properly.. any suggestions sir ??
thank you very very very much...
Old 6th June 2006, 09:50   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool
...and i live 2 seconds away from lamington road.. so what do i ask for ?? but id rather i get this done properly.. any suggestions sir ??
thank you very very very much...
1. I get my caps from Ramesh Trading Corp.
2. I'd do this myself. If you want a job well done do it yourself. Most others dont know what compromises you are willing to make and what you are not.

Just last night my friends were surprised that it takes me 60-90 mins to brew 500ml of coffee. Just my mad nature.

Last edited by navin : 6th June 2006 at 09:52.
Old 17th May 2011, 12:54   #12
Senior - BHPian

H-E-L-P with my Blaupunkt velocity VPc 172 crossovers

I recently picked up Balupunkt Velocity VPC 172 series components but thanks to the courier guys, the crossovers arrived in below photos condition.
I can do more than basic soldering etc & would be grateful if ICE gurus can tell me how to remove the PCB from the case. I have opened the screws & tried prying out the PCB but it seems to be welded to its case from terminals end.
You can see the removed screws lying around there.

The coil in broken condition
hey guys... Friend got a Free set of  blaupunkt velocity VPc 172 . need reviews..-17052011196.jpg

The coil where it should be fitted on PCB
hey guys... Friend got a Free set of  blaupunkt velocity VPc 172 . need reviews..-17052011197.jpg

Raan Rakha.

Last edited by ariesonu : 17th May 2011 at 12:55.
Old 17th May 2011, 23:54   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: hey guys... Friend got a Free set of blaupunkt velocity VPc 172 . need reviews..

Whatever you do don't lose the detached coil part.

I have lost one on a crossover earlier

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks