Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2013, 21:19   #1
BHPian

Found new range of Laura Music Systems on Skoda India website

MODS - Kindly Move thread to appropriate section if wrong

Hi all, today i was searching for a HU upgrade for my 2011 skoda laura and suprisingly found something on the Skoda India Website. There was a player which stated "Bluetooth Without Touch Screen" - MRP Rs. 13,023 and "Bluetooth Touch Screen" - MRP Rs. 22,406 .I have never seen anything like this before. The 13K player seems to be a Amundsen and the 22K model looked like the Columbus (but the website did not have names). They also had Radio Bolero - MRP Rs. 71,856.

Now I've been doing some serious searching on a HU replacement that does not void warranty or at least I wanted something that doesn't require cutting of any wires (may be some adapter that plugs right into the OE wiring kit socket). The closest option I found was a CASKA unit for 50K. I dint like it tho. Now this thing put up on the website is seriously mouth watering. So I tried calling a few dealers,but they were not even aware that there is something posted like this on the website. So I called the Skoda India Toll free number and there was no response, I called every number put up on the website. All they did was, asked me for my personal details,vehicle owned details and said they would call back shortly. Very disappointing indeed.

Is there any fellow Bhpian who has come across this. Does anyone have further details. The present system in the car in a SWING player. All I want is USB,Bluetooth facility and reverse camera support. Also I would like to know if these two systems on the website would support the OE Reverse sensors that come with the car.
NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP FRIENDS.

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/Accessories
Attached Thumbnails
Found new range of Laura Music Systems on Skoda India website-untitled.jpg  

Found new range of Laura Music Systems on Skoda India website-untitled2.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd July 2013 at 12:34. Reason: Only two smileys per post please.
kar.carthik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 21:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Found new range of Laura Music Systems on Skoda India website

I guess you can install a Bluetooth kit and MDI interface to your swing. The reverse camera wont be possible with any of the above HUs. If you're not an audiophile, you can consider the Witson HU. That's pretty decent with a whole lot of features: http://www.witson.com/en/products.ht...SKODA%20Series

You may also consider the Blaupunkt Philadelphia model: http://www.blaupunkt.com/en/nc/blaup...s/single/3959/
Old 23rd July 2013, 01:47   #3
BHPian

Nice to see that Car companies are starting to put different variants of decks out there for cars! though the installation kit for the Laura is pretty expensive at 6K
Old 23rd July 2013, 12:03   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
I guess you can install a Bluetooth kit and MDI interface to your swing. The reverse camera wont be possible with any of the above HUs. If you're not an audiophile, you can consider the Witson HU. That's pretty decent with a whole lot of features: http://www.witson.com/en/products.ht...SKODA%20Series ...
I even tried that before. There is no external device support in the indian version of the Swing. i.e. You need a socket that allows a external cd changer to be plugged in. It is via this socket that you plug in a USB SD AUX Interface Adaptor for 04-11 VW/Audi/Skoda/Seat for Iphone Ipod Ipad.
To confirm things, I had the player removed and inspected the back part. There was no such provision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond_dawg View Post
Nice to see that Car companies are starting to put different variants of decks out there for cars! though the installation kit for the Laura is pretty expensive at 6K
Did you mean Installation kit = Wiring harness / adapters + the fascia plates - is it?

Here is the link to the MDI interface :
http://www.cnbuynet.com/yatour-12-pi...di-p-2166.html
Attached Thumbnails
Found new range of Laura Music Systems on Skoda India website-cbnm06v12_01.jpg  

Found new range of Laura Music Systems on Skoda India website-cbnm06v12_02.jpg  

Found new range of Laura Music Systems on Skoda India website-cbnm06v12_03.jpg  

Found new range of Laura Music Systems on Skoda India website-install-1.jpg  

Found new range of Laura Music Systems on Skoda India website-cbnm06.jpg  

Found new range of Laura Music Systems on Skoda India website-step-install.jpg  

Last edited by DerAlte : 23rd July 2013 at 12:25. Reason: Please plan and use multi-quote instead of creating multiple posts
kar.carthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 12:28   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar.carthik View Post
MODS - Kindly Move thread to appropriate section if wrong

Hi all, today i was searching for a HU upgrade for my 2011 skoda laura and suprisingly found something on the Skoda India Website. There was a player which stated "Bluetooth Without Touch Screen" - MRP Rs. 13,023 and "Bluetooth Touch Screen" - MRP Rs. 22,406 .I have never seen anything like this before. The 13K player seems to be a Amundsen and the 22K model looked like the Columbus (but the website did not have names). They also had Radio Bolero - MRP Rs. 71,856.

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/Accessories
Hi Karthik,

Don't get your hopes up! These are actually wrong pictures uploaded on the website and the Bluetooth without Touchscreen is actually just the Bluetooth kit for connecting to the Bolero system!
Correct pictures (which you can see in Yeti Accessories) as below:

Found new range of Laura Music Systems on Skoda India website-skoda.jpg

Sorry to Disappoint you! I am also in the same boat as you as I have a Laura and a Yeti and am now considering upgrading the OE system,
The closest fit is the one from Blaupunkt, for which Dkaile shared the details in his thread.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 12:56   #6
BHPian

Hey Behemoth, Thanks for the update bro. You saved another day for me because I tired to break my head on this the whole day yesterday.

Also looking into your picture, I am guessing that they have posted the wrong picture for the SWING player too .

Anyways,good to know that I am not the only one on the hunt. Do let me know if you make an upgrade. Please ;-)
Old 23rd July 2013, 18:51   #7
BHPian

Re: Found new range of Laura Music Systems on Skoda India website

Quote:

Did you mean Installation kit = Wiring harness / adapters + the fascia plates - is it?
Yup, Thats what i meant. I guess for an expensive car is not that bad! but still a hole in the pocket
Old 23rd July 2013, 20:20   #8
BHPian

Good to see the YATOUR module with various connectivity options.
  1. Has anyone installed it in the new Facelifted Laura?
  2. Is it compatible with the SWING HU that we have in the Indian Laura?
  3. I believe MP3 players (including iPod) can be connected via the AUX port. This means no control of music via the car HU for these?
  4. Most USB disk / flash drive / stick / mass storage devices / external hard drives can be controlled via the car HU
Comments please!

Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 20:27   #9
BHPian

Maibaa, all this is possible with just the yutour itself. But unfortunately nothing is possible on the for the Indian version swing player as it does not have the external device plugin socket. Iam seriously waiting for a good cost effective solution.

An interesting observation I made with the aux. accidentally when I answered a call on my iPhone when it was connected to the car via aux cable, to my surprise I wax able to talk hands free. What I feel is that the iPhone uses its own mic and the sound was thru the car speakers. I don't know if anyone else has tried it.

But this is not a solution. Playing music via aux results in very poor sound quality.
Old 24th July 2013, 10:59   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... What I feel is that the iPhone uses its own mic and the sound was thru the car speakers. I don't know if anyone else has tried it.

But this is not a solution. Playing music via aux results in very poor sound quality.
Correct, that is how it will work when EP out of iPhone is connected to Aux-in.

Aux-in sound is not poor sound at all. In fact, it is preferable over BT audio. You should use a good EP to Aux-in cable.
Old 24th July 2013, 11:25   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Correct, that is how it will work when EP out of iPhone is connected to Aux-in.

Aux-in sound is not poor sound at all. In fact, it is preferable over BT audio. You should use a good EP to Aux-in cable.
Thanks for the info. Yes, agreed that the sound via aux is much better than BT audio. But I find it below par. I use a capdase cable. The problem is,tho the volume being adjusted to the highest level on the phone / ipod, the sound from the player in aux mode seems to be very low. Also while playing the FM and CD I only have to keep the volume between 10 and 12 for normal clear hearing whereas in AUX mode the volume has to be raised up to 20+
I don't know if there is something wrong with my system.
Old 24th July 2013, 11:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... while playing the FM and CD I only have to keep the volume between 10 and 12 for normal clear hearing whereas in AUX mode the volume has to be raised up to 20+ ...
No, there is nothing wrong with your system - it is what it is. I have the same problem playing CarPC output via Aux-in - even with volume at max at the PC end (actually a USB sound card), I need to jack up the HU volume. The problem is with the voltage output at the source end. An obvious solution would be to interpose a headphone amp to increase the voltage a bit, but this would be an added cost.

Never tried it with my iPhone, since I use it with a USB cable. I prefer using USB (drive or iPhone) since there is no signal quality / voltage loss involved.
Old 8th October 2013, 13:29   #13
BANNED

Hi,

I am also looking for MDI for my Laura Ambiance; but unable to find any info.

does any one able to install this in India ?
Old 7th August 2015, 14:45   #14
BHPian

Hi, How does one connect the iphone6 to the BT Audio. I tried this on my Laura swing unit but Iphone would not detect the unit.
Can someone help with step by step
Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks