Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2014, 17:05   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Did you mean you had to buy an additional component to get support for steering controls ?
Yes, it needs a steering input module and a camera interface module so that the stock rear view camera can be used. The steering control interface that I got doesn't work with the phone receive and disconnect buttons, but there's another device which can do that as well.
Old 13th August 2014, 11:53   #32
BHPian

Re: Advice: ICE upgrade in stages

Excellent information on this thread, thanks all for sharing your inputs. I’m in the same boat (choosing the right speaker package for my Fortuner) and am confused about the setup to pick up. Need help

Music preference: I listen to new Bollywood songs, some English, Punjabi and Gazals etc. I need the music to be clear and with a tight bass but not too boomy which gets out of the car for others to listen or show off. The music should not be tiresome.

Setup needed: I will retain the HU, need help with Front components, Rear coaxial or components, Sub and amps for speakers, Will use dampening (Dampmat or whatever the group recommends). Sub should be able to fit the boot of Fortuner

Budget: INR 60,000 (+/- 15%)

I’ve been visiting dealers across NCR and everyone has given me a different setup and none have been able to give me an audition. Hence want to finalize some configuration before I finally go to a dealer to get it installed.

I’ve been given the following options till now by the dealers and am thoroughly confused:

Option 1: Front Comps: RF Punch PS16-S; Rear Coax: RF Punch P165; Amp: RF Prime R300X4 & Sub: RF Punch P1S4-12. Power the front comps & the sub by the Amp and rear coaxials by the HU.
Questions:
1) Will Rockford will be good enough for my type of music budget? What mix match should I do with this setup?
2) Have heard conflicting views on Components in the rear vs coaxials. Hence which is the best option
3) Will splitting the amp and adding a mono also significant improve the quality, if yes then which one?
4) For the front comps it is worth going up to the power series (RF T1675-S) for the jump in music clarity : Price difference between PS16-S & T1675-S is INR 14K

Option 2: Front Speakers: Rainbow EL-C5.2 ; 4 Channel amp: PHD 4060 & Subwoofer: Rainbow DL-S12
This option given has no rear speakers (stay with stock)

Option 3 : Front speakers : Pioneer TS-D1720C, Rear Coax: RF Punch P165, Amp : Pioneer GMA4604 (4-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier with Bass Boost Volume Control) and Sub : Pioneer 30 cm Shallow-Mount IMPP Component Subwoofer

Option 4 : Front Speakers: Hertz HiEnergy HSK 165XL ; Rear Comp : HSK 165; 4 Channel amp: Hertz HCP 4 . This option given was without the subwoofer

Am thoroughly confused hence seeking help

Appreciate the time taken by you in reading long post and thanks in anticipation of guiding a newbie like me on choosing the best setup

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks