Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2006, 13:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

***LOOKING HEAVEN-WARD THANKING THE GODS OF AUDIO***

AT LAST.. this thread is getting the way it should have gotten!!

and Yes... MJ -Thriller... Lovely instumentation! ... My favourite .. but was afraid to put it down -thought I will get flamed and be called retaded etc to be liking that!!

GUnbir... how will MJ's "Wanna be starting something" sound when we are thru ICEing . ...... ***SIGHhhhhhhhh*** the wait is killing!!

Last edited by kb100 : 12th June 2006 at 13:26.
Old 12th June 2006, 16:21   #32
BHPian

try this too...

"awara bhavre" -from film Sapnay (Music by A R Rahman)...!!!

cheers
aNu
Old 12th June 2006, 16:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

"Turn off the lights" - Nelly Furtado. Nice bass (drums and guitar), plenty of mids and her voice is high enough to crack your windscreen.
Old 12th June 2006, 16:47   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
Patricia Barber - Cafe Blue, Companion
Loreena McKennitt - Winter Garden
Mary Chapin Carpenter - Greatest Hits, Come On Come On
Sade - No Ordinary Love
Norah Jones - Come Away With Me
These CDs are pefect for testing anamolies in the upper midrange. Bad midrange, bad tweeter and/or bad crossover design gets really easily noticed when trying to reproduce female vocals without Lispyness or tendency for the speaker to shout, etc...
Old 12th June 2006, 17:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

Can't claim to have a good understanding abt the subtleties of SQ .. anyway, some of the songs I use to check out systems are :

Collective Soul - Gel, December, The world I know
Dire Straits - Private Investigations, Your Latest Trick, Romeo & Juliet
Jethro Tull - Heavy Horses
4 Non Blondes - Whats Up
Alannah Myles - Black Velvet
Billy Joel - Piano Man
REM - Drive
RHCP - Californication
Seal - Kiss from a Rose

If these sound ok .. I feel happy !

@gunbir, I could possibly belong to this group you describe as "You will be surprised how many self proclaimed audiophiles cant listen to midrange and use their eqs to cut out midrange." - although as I mentioned above .. I don't consider myself to be an audiophile

OT .. but how does one go about properly using equalisers ? Has this been discussed somewhere ? If not could someone knowledgeable start a thread on this ? I could have, but not sure how to start the discussion ....

Last edited by shuvc : 12th June 2006 at 17:08.
Old 12th June 2006, 20:06   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
These CDs are pefect for testing anamolies in the upper midrange. Bad midrange, bad tweeter and/or bad crossover design gets really easily noticed when trying to reproduce female vocals without Lispyness or tendency for the speaker to shout, etc...
The main motto of a good SQ system is to reproduce all of the above you have mentioned with accuracy and detail.

And these are the areas where you get improvements when you upgrade to expensive speakers and amplifiers.
Old 13th June 2006, 03:06   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100
MJ -Thriller... Lovely instumentation! ... My favourite .. but was afraid to put it down -thought I will get flamed and be called retaded etc to be liking that!!

GUnbir... how will MJ's "Wanna be starting something" sound when we are thru ICEing . ...... ***SIGHhhhhhhhh*** the wait is killing!!
Actually KB100, pick up the Bad album as well. Both Thriller and Bad are fantastic sounding discs... While I am not a MJ fan, I do like these two albums a lot.

Also, look out for some Motown greats. These guys had some serious analogue equipment back in the day, not to mention great musicians and talented artists. Somehow these recordings beat the ever loving crap out of so called modern digital recordings. Check out The Temptations's Papa Was a Rolling Stone, and Rufus & Chakha Khan's Aint Nobody and others... you will know what I mean...

And please buy original CDs, dont download crappy mp3s... PLEASE
Old 13th June 2006, 05:09   #38
BHPian

Engima rocks any day The best - Return of Innocence
Old 13th June 2006, 06:50   #39
BHPian

take dis

if u want to show off ur player just put Metal mesiah and hell rider by judas priest..........
or tupac shukurs makin money,........... dat wuld b enough.
Old 13th June 2006, 09:31   #40
BHPian

Buying original CD's is definetly worth the money..as ur ICE quality comes to light with good recordings...A bad Mp3 on a good system jsut might be a waste of ur money on exp ICE..... I myself used to be a huge downloader..( ..have over 100GB of music lying around somewhere or the other )...but have totally converted to original CD's only.....and If u can get hold of imported CD's esp from Germany..... ..more the better.....
Old 13th June 2006, 13:38   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456
.....and If u can get hold of imported CD's esp from Germany..... ..more the better.....
That's something really interesting!
Any reasons for this??

Gurus! Pl shed some light on this.
Old 13th June 2006, 14:31   #42
BHPian

Well they are exceptionally well made... the CD quality is very very good... dunno why exactly..mayeb they have better machinery ... lord knows why...althought they can get frightiningly expensive...

Last edited by sk456 : 13th June 2006 at 14:33.
Old 13th June 2006, 16:27   #43
Team-BHP Support

I got 2 copies of Santna's Supernatual (local and German) and on my Home CD player there is a noticeable difference. I have never listened to these in my car though.
Old 13th June 2006, 16:31   #44
Senior - BHPian

I don't know about showing off my system, cos I've hardly done that, partly because I've hardly owned a very loud system, and the systems that I've owned sounded very good only inside the car and it would be completely futile to try and turn it up loud so that people a few blocks away could tell that I am trying to prove something to them about my car audio being loud or something, and does this sentence qualify as the world's most meaninglessly long sentence ever posted on a car audio forum?

I sure know about that there could be some unwanted repercussions if one was to loudly play out '20 Fingers - Short Dick Man' when romping the neighbourhood. Now don't get cocky and ask me "How Do You Know?"

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 13th June 2006 at 16:33.
Old 13th June 2006, 16:32   #45
Senior - BHPian

BUt any idea why Navin... Si this true of all German/Indian originals??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks