Team-BHP - Do you switch your system off before shutting the engine down?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   In-Car Entertainment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/)
-   -   Do you switch your system off before shutting the engine down? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-entertainment/14175-do-you-switch-your-system-off-before-shutting-engine-down.html)

Folks...

How many of you power down your ICE before switching the engine off?

yo, patience dude patience. another double thread by you:D PM a mod

Me sometimes, but I always switch off my player before I start my car.

this is what i do.. as a Rule ....only switch the player on after the car has run for the first 3 odd minutes.. and always shut the system off 30 seconds before the shut the car down ...:)
just that i like being Xtra safe and safe is always better .. especially with the costs associated with High End ICE systems !! :)
booom

Never I had swichted off my system before any thing..........

Also when starting the engine all the stuff of the car acc gets switch off.

One more thing I never ever play my system without starting the engine......

i switch off my ICE always before turning off my car

i does this mostly but even if i didnt do so my ICE automatically shuts down and then start automatically during starting. Is this ok and is this functionality available with all the cars??

I switch off most of the times.

Usually I do. But at times if I have to entertain my son I let it run for a few minutes. Given that I dont have a huge multiamp system I dont think the battery will strain that much besides On the next drive the battery will recharge.

I switch the system off religiously when I switch the car off and only play the system with the car switched off for a few minutes. Just being cautious I guess

Yes ofcourse, its always safer to do that. For that matter I make it a point to switch off all the electricals, before turning off the engine.

Cheers

az:p

I Always switch off the system before shutting the engine down

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.

i had read somewhere that its always better to switch off all your electricals when u start the engine ...this is because the starter requires a lot of current when starting ...so if anything else like the lights or the ICE is on ,teh starter will not get the right amount of current ....and if this is done regularly the starter can have problems ...thats teh reason the ICE display will dim or blank out when u start the car ...
also starting the car with any electricals on ...will put unnecessary load on teh battery ...

i have seen many people using Pw's when the engine is not running ...this is not advisable
so its always better to switch off everything like your ICE,PW's lights ,blower before shutting down the engine;)

As a rule of the THUMB, I always (try) to switch off my system before I switch off the engine. And I succeed most of the times. It'll otherwise take a huge toll on my cute ALTO's Battery. All the monsters in my Setup will burp after eating it.

By the way I've changed my Head unit from the pioneer7750 to Alpine9835 and Alpine DVA5210. Both are installed as Dual DIN in dash. Still trying to get used to the alpine interface.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak
By the way I've changed my Head unit from the pioneer7750 to Alpine9835 and Alpine DVA5210. Both are installed as Dual DIN in dash. Still trying to get used to the alpine interface.

Hey those are both great units. How much did you get em for. I assume you control the DVA from the 9835.

i put it off when turning on the car. but sometimes when engine is off i do listen to music. only with a car with no woofer. keep my accent off and stereo running and the battry drains like noones business