Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2006, 17:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, the XO settings don't exactly alter the high-frequency tone of the setup. You could check what the various cut-off frequencies for the speakers in concern are, and make sure that the speakers are not playing without a high-pass filter and into the band of the subwoofer. Easing the bass on them would allow you to turn em up louder and get better mid-frequencies. Also ensure that the sub is getting a low-pass out.

Once you are done with the crossover, try switching the phase of the subwoofer to make sure the speakers aren't out of phase with the sub.

All this while, just leave the defeat 'On' so you know that no user eq settings are accidentally operating.
Old 18th June 2006, 14:27   #17
BANNED

Guyz!! after some days with my new HUs, I'm still not happy with the sound output. !!!!!!!

I've tried everything (almost), Changed the XO settings, 4ch amp's gains, equalizer settings, defeat etc.. I could improve the sound to a bit but it still sounds bright and the SUB seems out of phase and the bass does'nt have a good punch in it.

I reduced the 4 channel amp's gain (front channels and rear) to actually hear the Subwoofer bass. It reduced the overall volume of the setup and I'm not happy here but otherwise the bass is not quiet audible.

I've not made any changes to the Monoblock settings. (Is it the culprit here?)

Now, I've started thinking of going back to my old pal : the PIONEER 7750!!! I know this is crazy. But this is the height of confusion here.

Please! can somebody show me a way out of this.

Last edited by speedzak : 18th June 2006 at 14:29.
Old 18th June 2006, 14:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

emm, Drive to Kovai when Gunbir/JB visits KB!

can that Ai-Net cable be faulty?
Old 18th June 2006, 14:46   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas

Speedzak, get a second opinion from a better installer. It is absurd that you can't get the same results if not better with your new HU.
Old 18th June 2006, 15:01   #20
BANNED

Quote:

Ai-net only connects the DVA5210 to 9835. That's all. It does'nt interfere with the 9835's output I think.
Driving to Kovai seems to be the best option for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Speedzak, get a second opinion from a better installer. It is absurd that you can't get the same results if not better with your new HU.
This is the dilemma here bro. Why not???

Regarding this Kovai thing... why can't we all (I mean the southerners) go to meet the gurus of TBHP : Sir GUNBIR & Sir JB ? ? ? ? Hope KB100 can give us all a treat! (that's if he's not bankrupt with all his TRU technology thingys)

Last edited by speedzak : 18th June 2006 at 15:04.
Old 18th June 2006, 15:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Ai-net only connects the DVA5210 to 9835. That's all. It does'nt interfere with the 835's output I think.
Driving to Kovai seems to be the best option for me.

This is the dilemma here bro. Why not???

Regarding this Kovai thing... why can't we all (I mean the southerners) go to meet the gurus of TBHP : Sir GUNBIR & Sir JB ? ? ? ? Hope KB100 can give us all a treat! (that's if he's not bankrupt with all his TRU technology thingys)
Try to check with a new Ai-Net cable to be sure. And abt Kovai thingy, you serious? Me in

The DVA5210 send audio signal to teh 9835 right? I mean, you paly your cds in it right?

Last edited by jkdas : 18th June 2006 at 15:06.
Old 18th June 2006, 15:21   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Try to check with a new Ai-Net cable to be sure. And abt Kovai thingy, you serious? Me in
But according to KB100, the Sirs were planning a trip down to Kochi too. Let's confirm that first. Any idea when they're coming to Kovai?
Old 19th June 2006, 11:36   #23
Team-BHP Support

I'd take it all out an install from scratch.

1. Install HU
2. Intall Amp(s)
3. Connect Front speakers only and listen
4. Connect sub and tune sub
5. Connect rear speakers

Check phase of all wires at each stage. I wont be surprised if a wire is wrongly connected. For example tweeter of front component out of phase with woofer of front component for example.

Last edited by navin : 19th June 2006 at 11:38.
Old 19th June 2006, 23:46   #24
BANNED

Navinji!!! I think it's better to do the same with my setup too. I'm waiting for the GURUS to land at our shores to get their valuable opinions.

I am using MonsterCable connectors with a mix of Audison, American, MonsterCable, Vibe and JBL cables.

BTW, I'm zeroing in on an LCD from Sony. It's 6.5" and Dash\Roof\Headrest mountable. Mr. Zuhemi says it can be removed (when necessary) if installed on the roof. Any recommendations????
Old 20th June 2006, 09:37   #25
Team-BHP Support

I have not investigated LCD screen at length. My car has a sub roof and hence cannot be fitted with a roof mounted LCD screen. Still I much prefer headrest mounted screens as it less distracting for the driver.
Old 21st June 2006, 17:11   #26
BANNED

Ok guyz! Thanks for all that words.
I'm going in for 2 Sony 6.2" LCD monitors and I'm planning to get it installed on the headrests. I'm sure parking the car unattended will be a problem then. But what else can I do??
I'm planning to get a decent headrest cover which can cover the whole headrest including the LCD monitors. This way I'll save my car (& myself) from getting any wrong unwanted attention. WhattYa all say?
Old 21st June 2006, 17:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

Sounds good!... Zak man.. you should call your thread ALTO on ICE!
Old 21st June 2006, 23:54   #28
BANNED

My current setup in detail here:

1. Car

2004 Maruti Suzuki ALTO LX (Bought it from my Bro-in-law for few a penny)

2. what is your existing setup (HEADUNITS, SPEAKERS, AMPS, DSP,SW etc.)

Head Unit -- ALPINE 9835 MP3 CD player and Alpine DVA-5210 DVD player

Front Stage -- BLAUPUNKT VELOCITY 130.1 Components

Rear Fill -- ALPINE SPA170 6" Co-axials....... xo at 80Hz

Sub -- BLAUPUNKT VELOCITY VXB12 REFERENCE SUBWOOFER

Amp1 -- BLAUPUNKT MPA4 4CHANNEL AMPLIFIER http://www.blaupunkt.com.sg/download/en-GB_MPA4oi.pdf

Amp2 -- ALPINE MRD-M605 V12DIGITAL CLASS D MONOBLOCK AMPILFIER

Power Cables -- AMERICAN. No stiffening caps

Interconnects -- MONSTER CABLE

Speaker Cables -- AMERICAN.

LCD -- 2 Sony 6.2" wide screen monitors mounted in headrests. (Work in Progress)

3. How much did it cost ?

hmm... Upgraded from a Rs. 8500 Pioneer system and ended up with stuff worth 1.9 Lacs.

4.How serious were your about your system?

My first install was when I was 13... installed a pair of speakers and a clarion HU on my family OMNI myself (First, I got it removed from our TATA estate with the help of a Service man). Later I lost interest in ICE and after 13 years, I got crazy again. And the above is the result.

5. which kind of music do you listen to ??

Almost.. Everything from Classicals to Rap. I like more of Arabian, Turkish, native african, Hindi-Pop, Country, Remixes (Good quality ones as GunbirJi said) and AR Rahman.

6. would you recommend it to others???

Well not yet sure... OK.. yeah...

7. Place where the setup was done

The one and only Zuhemi. Emperor, Cochin.

8. Future upgrade plans:

ALPINE PXA-H701 Processor

ALPINE Amplink KCE-511M and KWE-601M connectors

ALPINE MRV-F345 4 channel amp

ALPINE TYPE X 12" Subwoofer in a sealed enclosure
Old 22nd June 2006, 00:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

there is a lot of space in ur alto I dont thing space is a constrain there.......

Is ur system working fine........... the bright tweeter low bass........
Old 22nd June 2006, 12:38   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
We arent big fans of the current Alpine amps though. Look at the S/N ratio of their current amps vis-a-vis their earlier ones. Your 605 has a 65dB S/N ratio. Thats not too good. The PDX fares better at 80dB, but even that isnt spectacular by any standards...
Even the tool`s amp s/n ratio the mrd-m1001 is also not so good according to specs.....

Its s/n ratio is 60 dbA....

but the PDX is having.....

Now as wee see the specs of pdx we can say that alpine has given two values for the snr the first one is the what we say the older version to check the snr. and the later one is CEA 2006(http://www.jbl.com/car/support/AUTOMEDIA_CEA2006.pdf) snr standard.

so I think according to spec if comparing the mrd-1001 and pdx The pdx is much superior amp than the 1001 in terms of amplification. But the 1001 host lots of other fearture which pdx does not offer like parametric eq time aligment phase ........

Most Viewed