Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2006, 22:34   #1
BHPian

Which is the Best Place to Get a ICE installed?

Hey guys wanned some tips on which is the best place to get a Audio system installed in my OHC...

Also if you can help me what configuration should i go for, it'll really help
Im using a JVC DVD Player
Old 16th June 2006, 00:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ H O N D A ~
Hey guys wanned some tips on which is the best place to get a Audio system installed in my OHC...

Also if you can help me what configuration should i go for, it'll really help
Im using a JVC DVD Player
First part of the question .. the Mumbai guys will be along presently to help..

The second will need a BUDGET.. how much do you wanna spend.. and you'll see the suggestions flow!
Old 16th June 2006, 10:42   #3
Team-BHP Support

1. Where in Mumbai are you? There are plenty of good installers in Mumbai.

2 Which installer you choose is half the battle. Most people (I exclude the Gurus on this forum) will take a short cut if you let them. You have to clear about what you want, where you want it installed, and what shortcuts you are not willing to tolerate.

3. Budget, taste in Music and space constraints Please?
Old 16th June 2006, 10:46   #4
BHPian

ya, totally agree with navin. Post your budget, then may be we can help you with the various products to be installed and the installer from which you should get the setup done.
Old 17th June 2006, 13:02   #5
BHPian

Do it yourself. It's not rocket science. We will all help you out.
Old 19th June 2006, 23:54   #6
BHPian

Vivek, the author of this forum is a newbie to our tbhp forum, and since he is asking for a installer in Mumbai , i feel it is possible that he is a newbie to the world of car audio. So, its better that he gets his system installed from a professinal rather than doing it himself. He may screw-up with the electricals, or may unknowlingly damage any audio part.

Moreover you have to agree, that finally in a car audio, all depends on the type of installation. You may have come across 50k systems that sound poor. And if installation is done correctly, then even a 10k system sound beautiful for its budget..

HONDA, you need to give us your budget because in Mumbai u'll have a range of installers who charge from 1000-10000, just for installation.

Installation is a professional thing, so for your satisfication, kindly get it installed it from a pro..

Ya, ofcourse tbhp is here to teach and guide us about car audio, so maybe after getting the setup done, you can fiddle around with your system and do a little bit of R&D, with the installation.

Lastly, its my personal advice, as i am aware that people may not agree with me..

Thanks and best of luck for your system..

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I learnt my lessons, so i dont want others to suffer
Old 20th June 2006, 00:06   #7
BHPian

Vivek, please dont get my piont wrong. All i mean to say is, that it is easy to explain technical things on-line, toprofessional people like navin, sam, gunbir and yourself. Its not easy to explain technical stuff to amature people, since many of them, are not aware of the words like RCA, amp, RMS, ohms, etc...

Thanks and hope you understand...
Old 24th June 2006, 14:00   #8
BHPian

Thanks all u guys !!!

Thanks alot for your replies...

The thing is I had done my ICE at BHK ( near lamington Road ) it was done ok... but the thing is the woofer and ampli which i used were really BAD.

It's really embracing to say that i took some freak friends advice and brought my Ampli and woofer from CHOR BAZZAR, but that was long time back when I was in FYJC… and as I was a kid than the guy fooled me for a woofer, really bad ampli and a 12 cd changer for some where around 15K I don’t remember the exact amount.

Anyways those were the days when we didn’t had T-BHP isn’t it guys….
Now we have so many guys like you to help us out on any thing…
Me and my friend went to M.A Audio to fit a ICE in his endeavor
3 Screens, 2 pioneer Ampli, 2 Pioneer Woofers 600 watts each 2 JVC Speakers and the DVD head Unit of JVC

I had suggested to get it done from BHK as what I had heard that hez awesome for this kind of fittings. But instead he had it done at MA Audio Lamington Road The sound was not up to the mark. So after a few days we went again to him so he said change the BOX. So we change the box to an Air Tight Wooden Box. There was a bit of an improvement but not satisfactory.

So next week we went to BHK he said change the head unit from JVC to Pioneer.
After we changed the unit to pioneer we noticed remarkable change.

So I waned to ask that does the Head unit matters tat much as what I had heard that JVC is much better than Pioneer.
Or just changing the wiring all over again done the magic and changing the head unit was a useless thing?

What im thinking of getting is a Nice Woofer (suggest me the size and company)
Should i use 1 or 2 woofers?
Which ampli should I buy?
Should I change the speakers too, if yes I should go fro which one?
Should I change the front stock speakers to component speakers?
If you can give an approx prices it’ll be wonderful !!!
I've not yet fixed any budget i have a flexible budget....

Thanks in advance
Cheers guys !!!

Last edited by ~ H O N D A ~ : 24th June 2006 at 14:06.
Old 24th June 2006, 14:30   #9
BHPian

I used to get my Car stuff done from Opera House till a year back,after which I was referred to Car Touch,Milan Subway..and man..not only they are 100 times better than that opera house dealer,but also cheaper than them..with a wider range of ICE options..
Car Touch have installed my entire Alpine/Kicker ICE setup in my NHC..and it's rocking.
So,my best bet for Mumbai would be Car Touch,Milan Subway..I have no idea about others..but I'm sure there might be many good such installers for ICE in Mumbai.
Good luck.
-sr
Old 24th June 2006, 15:35   #10
BHPian

Car Touch (Milan Subway) gives u the best deals and ICE options in Mumbai. Also there is a Authorized JBL dealer near him somewhere forgot the shops name.
Old 24th June 2006, 17:58   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Car touch at Shivaji park is also an authorised JBL reseller. Just FYI.

And B&T (the new female bakery side of him), as it is you sound zigackly like Bass and Trouble. It's bad enough you propose to me on one thread, must you embrace us by making public appearances on other threads?
Old 24th June 2006, 18:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
And B&T (the new female bakery side of him), as it is you sound zigackly like Bass and Trouble. It's bad enough you propose to me on one thread, must you embrace us by making public appearances on other threads?
Full bummer, sir. I forgot to log out of that other screen name, and the rest is pastry, oops history.

By the way, the proposal still stands, I just asked. Any sort of embracement is most welcome, so long as there are some amplis involved, preferably the ones which have those headgear like things on em? The kind that the raja maharajas type used to adorn their head?

Lastly, wish you a very happy birthday.

Make that second lastly actually, because lastly, I saw someone mention on another thread which was something to the effect of "Have fun in Goa, and give us the good news!?!?!?". Good news???? Of the reproductive variety?????????
Old 24th June 2006, 19:37   #13
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Bass&Trouble]"Have fun in Goa, and give us the good news!?!?!?". Good news???? quote]

SAM... lemee guess... SAm is hosting an Orgy!!... a psychedelic night of debauchery!! ... heh heh .. Sam ... name the TOP TEN ppl you would invite...
Old 24th June 2006, 19:48   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srasania
I used to get my Car stuff done from Opera House till a year back,after which I was referred to Car Touch,Milan Subway..and man..not only they are 100 times better than that opera house dealer,but also cheaper than them..with a wider range of ICE options..
Car Touch have installed my entire Alpine/Kicker ICE setup in my NHC..and it's rocking.
So,my best bet for Mumbai would be Car Touch,Milan Subway..I have no idea about others..but I'm sure there might be many good such installers for ICE in Mumbai.
Good luck.
-sr
Hey,

I agree. He does one of the best installs in town. There are some better people but then they charge the moon. Car Touch is value for money and quality.

Viper
Old 24th June 2006, 20:15   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

At the risk of hijacking the thread, let me explain. McLaren's quote did not say "have fun in goa" It merely asked when i was gonna go to goa. You see I intend to get married(again) in Goa. I do not know when, yet.
Now when i say "again", I dont mean to the same person. No, heaven forbid.
I mean to my lovely girlfriend, who i put the Clarion HU for. Nice HU that.

Which brings us back to Audio. In my honest opinion there are no fantastic installers in Mumbai of the kind of quality we expect. There are just the ones that will cheat you and the ones that wont. Find one who's work you trust and stick to him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks