Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2013, 23:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Pioneer AVH-X - xx90BT (2590, 3590, 4590...) Series Bugs

Hi,
I have bought AVH X2590BT, i have a major issue with the Unit, when i am hearing to music in USB mode and if i just turn off the engine during the signals or any scenario but the music player is still on and music continues to play,now when i start the engine the music that i am playing gets reset and the music starts from the first song in the USB, this is really very annoying, does that mean i should hear to the same song after each interval, when i have about 800 songs when will i hear to the last songs, this does not happen commonly but most of the times, is anyone facing the same issue.
When checked with pioneer team they say the system was designed in such a way that the song starts from the first song every time you crank the engine while hearing to music, what were those designers thinking, well i do not think this is the answer any customer expects rather this is a bug in the system which they are not able to resolve or else need to mention in the broschure or manual of the player.

Also when i am using the player if i need to hear to the previous song in shuffle mode or in MIXTRAX mode it does not go, infact it starts from the same song starting. Can anyone help me with this situation.

I have tried with 2 and 6GB pen drive and also formatted it in FAT32 format and the pendrive has about 100MB additional space reason i am specifying this is that i read in a forum that the system creates some temp memory in USB for playing tracks from where it left out.
Old 5th October 2013, 10:40   #2
BHPian

re: Pioneer AVH-X - xx90BT (2590, 3590, 4590...) Series Bugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Hi,
I have bought AVH X2590BT, i have a major issue with the Unit, when i am hearing to music in USB mode and if i just turn off the engine during the signals or any scenario but the music player is still on and music continues to play,now when i start the engine the music that i am playing gets reset and the music starts from the first song in the USB, this is really very annoying, does that mean i should hear to the same song after each interval, when i have about 800 songs when will i hear to the last songs, this does not happen commonly but most of the times, is anyone facing the same issue.
When checked with pioneer team they say the system was designed in such a way that the song starts from the first song every time you crank the engine while hearing to music, what were those designers thinking, well i do not think this is the answer any customer expects rather this is a bug in the system which they are not able to resolve or else need to mention in the broschure or manual of the player.

Also when i am using the player if i need to hear to the previous song in shuffle mode or in MIXTRAX mode it does not go, infact it starts from the same song starting. Can anyone help me with this situation.

I have tried with 2 and 6GB pen drive and also formatted it in FAT32 format and the pendrive has about 100MB additional space reason i am specifying this is that i read in a forum that the system creates some temp memory in USB for playing tracks from where it left out.
My Brother has X1590BT in his scorpio and its the same in that model also.
You cannot do anything about it. Maybe the pioneer will fix it later with a firmware update.
SolidSnake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 11:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake View Post
My Brother has X1590BT in his scorpio and its the same in that model also.
You cannot do anything about it. Maybe the pioneer will fix it later with a firmware update.
Hi Have you raised this issue with Pioneer?
Don't you think this is a bug and customers are being cheated after paying such a hefty value? The team at Pioneer states this is a feature of the player, strange.
Old 5th October 2013, 11:36   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Have you raised this issue with Pioneer?
Don't you think this is a bug and customers are being cheated after paying such a hefty value? The team at Pioneer states this is a feature of the player, strange.
When we raised this issue with pioneer before two months , they said they are developing an update for the player which will fix that.But till now , havent heard of any update.
Old 5th October 2013, 15:18   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
i have about 800 songs when will i hear to the last songs

I think this why it's happening.
in almost every car, when you turn the ignition key to crank the engine, all the heavy electricals are cut off from the battery, for a moment. This is done to provide max current to the starter motor. eg the blower is gets switched of while cranking the engine.
this is what must be happening to your audio system
the only solution for this is to connect the deck directly to the battery, with a fuse and independent switch. Bypass the ignition lock altogether. But this way your deck will start without the ignition key.

If you do this make sure you pause the song, before cranking the engine.

I had this done in my Fiat Palio. Fiat cars have only two positions in their locks as opposed to the Suzukis etc.
motionfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 15:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motionfreak View Post

I think this why it's happening.
in almost every car, when you turn the ignition key to crank the engine, all the heavy electricals are cut off from the battery, for a moment. This is done to provide max current to the starter motor. eg the blower is gets switched of while cranking the engine.
this is what must be happening to your audio system
the only solution for this is to connect the deck directly to the battery, with a fuse and independent switch. Bypass the ignition lock altogether. But this way your deck will start without the ignition key.

If you do this make sure you pause the song, before cranking the engine.

I had this done in my Fiat Palio. Fiat cars have only two positions in their locks as opposed to the Suzukis etc.
Hi,

Unfortunately this is not possible in my car, checked with service station and also manual says making it direct is not possible.

I have a santro which has a USB stick option, but when i crank the engine the music stops and then it restores from where it actually stopped, hopefully pioneer gets a solution.
Old 5th October 2013, 16:13   #7
BHPian

Dear Fusion

Every time you crank your vehicle, do you also loose your audio settings and saved radio stations etc.

If yes, then your system has been wired slightly incorrectly.

The Pioneer decks have 3 wires as below:

a) Power wire, supplies + to the HU irrespective of whether your car is on or not
b) Negative/ Ground wire -
c) Acc wire (also +), this supplies power to the deck only when the car is switched on or when you put your key in the ACC position.

If by chance your installer has swapped a for c, then this problem occurs

Every time you car is cranked the deck starts as new and does not hold any of the memory such as position of tracks/ audio settings/ radio stations

Hope this solves you problem.
laxmanrk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 15:53   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

To give you a glimpse of the problem:

1) Cannot go back to the previous song
2) When i start the engine the songs starts from th first song which i stated playing.

Old 26th October 2013, 16:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmanrk View Post
Dear Fusion

Every time you crank your vehicle, do you also loose your audio settings and saved radio stations etc.

If yes, then your system has been wired slightly incorrectly.

The Pioneer decks have 3 wires as below:

a) Power wire, supplies + to the HU irrespective of whether your car is on or not
b) Negative/ Ground wire -
c) Acc wire (also +), this supplies power to the deck only when the car is switched on or when you put your key in the ACC position.

If by chance your installer has swapped a for c, then this problem occurs

Every time you car is cranked the deck starts as new and does not hold any of the memory such as position of tracks/ audio settings/ radio stations

Hope this solves you problem.
Hi,

I got the wiring all checked and it is good, can you check the video which i have posted with the subject 'Pioneer AVHX2590BT - Issue ' have highlighted the issue. I find no solution anywhere.
Old 18th November 2013, 21:41   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I got the wiring all checked and it is good, can you check the video which i have posted with the subject 'Pioneer AVHX2590BT - Issue ' have highlighted the issue. I find no solution anywhere.
I installed avh-x2590bt last Saturday, and I can say I don't get this issue. I installed it from Autoshop Koramangala. I confirmed about this issue with them before install. They assured that this never happened with all the installation they have done. And for my Ritz steering remote I installed axxess remote interface, there was no wire cutting or any tweak required and they all fit directly between car socket, remote interface and x2590bt. Everything works fine now, even if i crank my car in-between a song, in usb, cd/dvd, bluetooth audio mode, same song start playing where it left off even if it is from middle of the song. For USB I use a 16gb sandisk pendrive. No issues so far. Please check if your unit has any fault, or check the wiring from a different installer, just in case he has any other clue. Hope your issue gets fixed soon.
dipdawiz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 09:21   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Mods - could you change the title of this thread to include all AVH-X *490, *590, *690 series?

Just got a AVH2690BT yesterday for a friend's Altis ; the System tab has an option of setting steering wheel controls with and without adapter.

The unit is able to map steering controls with a steering interface(dhc) but not in the "without adapter" option. any clues?

In the "without adapter" option it asks to press the volume up button/volume down/mode etc. for one sec and then nothing happens.

Any solutions?
Old 11th December 2013, 12:36   #12
BHPian

Re: Pioneer AVH-X - xx90BT (2590, 3590, 4590...) Series Bugs

Hi Guys,

I own an AVH 1590, and this was happening to my player too when I first installed it.

It's a simple fix really - all you've got to do is earth the pink cable at the back of the player. I didnt know which pink cable it was otherwise i'd have done it myself.

I took the car back to the installer and told him about this and the information i had sourced from the web (to earth the pink cable) - and he followed suit.

Voila - issues resolved.

Another thing that can be tried is to swap the ground and power (+) cable around and this resolves the concerns with resets too.

Please check this and see - it should resolve your problems with the player.

Cheers,
Aayush.

Last edited by aayushnair : 11th December 2013 at 12:39.
aayushnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 13:49   #13
BHPian

I had AVH-X8550BT (Same as AVH-X8590BT) installed in the Innova. Never faced this issue with playing songs from USB. Suggestion from Aayush is worth exploring. Some installers do not go by the instruction manual and it can create result in such issues.
jaguar.runs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2013, 14:15   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hi

I too have a Pioneer Double Din HU in my WR.

The model no. is Pioneer X559UI.

This problem doesnot exist in this series and so I guess this is limited to the AVH series only.
Old 25th February 2014, 18:10   #15
BHPian

Hi All,
I have installed AVH-X2690BT unit few days back. I am not able to convert to the video, compatible with the player. I have tried divx format with less resolution and prescribed bit rate but nothing, it just fails. Any suggestions what format can play with the system.

Most Viewed