Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2006, 10:56   #31
BHPian

has anyone here done things the other way around.
i got JBL compos and 2 way at the back and OE headunit costing proabably 2K.
Old 11th September 2006, 12:24   #32
BHPian

I at last had time to fix the pioneer 6850 and JBL speakers (GTO937 6X9 for the rears and CS2104 for the front). I tell you, it simply rocks. I really enjoy the sound quality of the pioneer 6850. JBL speakers are really VFM. I got a good deal from Sound Factor. Preetham, they guy there was friendly.

Thanks to Sam for suggesting me to choose. You have a good setup Sam (Sound Factor). The location is very nice. Next to the Coffee Day....
Old 22nd April 2007, 19:39   #33

Hi All,

I am looking for a ICE setup for Santro - 15K budget (stretch 18K), came to this thread because after reading tons of material, including most of the ICE section of this site... I am still confused between Pioneer and Blau. If this is not the right forum, please move this...

Everyone seems to be pushing Pio nowadays. I feel that most of the dealers do not look / talk sincerely, plus the added trouble that pio fakes outnumber originals.. Someone suggested Blau service centre (on law college road) and that person seems genuine, said he will sell (yeah, he also sells) only with B&W, which is exactly what I wanted.

I think I can shell out 8-10K for the HU and 10-8K for the 4 speakers. I listened to JBL 427/937 (hope the
numbers are correct), but I thought they were not clear enough (my personal opinion, no offence meant). Generated load music but probably not the clearest I heard. I liked the sound of Blau Tx369 and it sounded sharper.

Since I do not plan to go for a sub / amp or component I would need a resonably sharp sounding set of speakers and HU. I do not like very loud music, though once in a while I like to blast...

Gurus out there... please help !

Thanks !
Old 22nd April 2007, 22:07   #34
Team-BHP Support

am not a guru but i would any day recommend Pio HU for VFM clean sound especially if you are not planning for amp and all, and yes you need to tune them to your taste.
Old 23rd April 2007, 00:08   #35
Senior - BHPian

@surfer, as far as HUs go, at the 5K to 10K slot, Pios would be more VFM than the Blaus. But for speakers, it is best to stay away from Pioneer, IMHO. And Blau's service network is really good & quite friendly.

With your budget, you should be looking at a HU for about 8K max. 10K will also be quite ok, but then you'll have lesser to spend on speakers. I feel 8K on HU and about 10K on speakers is what you should spend.

For speakers you have options from JBL/Hertz/Blau/Alpine. Best to listen and choose, based on your tastes.

For a Santro you will need 4" speakers in front & 5.25" speakers in back (if you're going for stock locations). In the back, you can consider getting 6x9" coaxials on an MDF parcel tray for better bass response.
Old 24th April 2007, 10:26   #36

Hi,
I called up the pioneer service centre in Pune and asked for an authorised sales channel, but he told me that there are no authorized dealers and told me to get one from a person "that I know" because there are "too many grey products doing the rounds". He said that there are no authorised distributors in Bombay as well !

I fail to understand the logic of why a company should have service centres in a country if they fo not have sales channel. Please correct me if I am wrong ..

Thanks
Old 6th November 2007, 10:38   #37
BHPian

Hi jp1,

I jus Iced my Indica turbo and finally went for an all Blau system. The front compo units from Blau - Velocity Series ( VC 132 for the door and tweeters in dash ) produce some extremely crystal clear music.

Since your home audio system is well honed, am sure your ears would prefer music to noise !!! ( if your getting what i mean )

Just the front compos might set you back by abt 6k, but they're worth it.

Give it a shot, if your upto it. And keep us posted on your discovery.

Cheers
Old 6th November 2007, 13:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

shrikanth how much did the velocities cost ?

edit: oops just saw you mentioned in the post.

Last edited by bottle : 6th November 2007 at 13:21.
Old 6th November 2007, 13:41   #39
BHPian

Bold Print

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRShrikanth View Post
Hi jp1,

I jus Iced my Indica turbo and finally went for an all Blau system. The front compo units from Blau - Velocity Series ( VC 132 for the door and tweeters in dash ) produce some extremely crystal clear music.

Just the front compos might set you back by abt 6k
, but they're worth it.

Cheers
@Bottle, Shrikanth has mentioned the price of the Velocity's . For further clarifications see the bold print
Old 6th November 2007, 13:44   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I knw, I knw. but at 9.8k I can get a 6850 Aint that very tempting?

LOL i can get 7950UB at this price.
Old 6th November 2007, 15:08   #41

I have a swift ZXI and am looking for a decent HU + speakers. I checked out Blau Hamburg, Blau Kingston, Pioneer 5950. Can you guys suggest the best combi like which HU, front speakers, rear speakers to go for? My budget is around 20K. I don't prefer too much bass, decent clear music is what I am out for.

Last edited by pyatnalkar : 6th November 2007 at 15:10.
Old 9th November 2007, 20:05   #42

@pyatnalkar: I recently upgraded my Zen ICE and am loving it
Here is what I did and paid:

HU: Pioneer P7950UB (9.2 K in Gray) - Amazing HU - packs in lots of stuff for that price. Look at the Pioneer site for details.
Rear speaker: Pair of JBL GTO937 6-1/4" oval (3.5K with Bill & Warranty)
Front speaker: Pair of Boston S55 5-1/4" round co-ax (2.3K with Bill & Warranty) - Not sure about these - I was told they are good and they do sound good. If you can spend more then I suggest you go for components for the front.
Old 9th November 2007, 23:18   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdesai1987 View Post
Bm the 6850 was sold at that price over a year ago!
Old 10th November 2007, 01:27   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdesai1987 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Bm the 6850 was sold at that price over a year ago!
I think JK is talking about 6850 DVD.
Old 10th November 2007, 02:20   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Isn't the 6850DVD like a 40 grand HU??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks