Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2018, 23:22   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: ICE upgrade : Tata Safari Storme

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Condor, I think you already have all the bases covered. A speaker change would be the most sensible option.
Navin, after all that confusion and searching, one thing has brought in a big difference in the output: playing the music off an iPod !

I had a iPod control cable for the Alpine HU. This one connects from the rear of the HU, and plugged in an old 4th-gen iPod. Had never expected the kind of change that I got with this. So I now dont need to change the speakers.

Thanks again for all the advice !

Last edited by condor : 1st April 2018 at 23:37.
Old 2nd October 2020, 11:32   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The stock HU is the Alpine 126BTT. I have Diamond Audio 6.5" Components in front and Diamond Audio 6.5 Coax in rear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Judicious use of EQ might be able to help.

Gurus, I was going to ask this in the Audio Gurus thread.
But it's a safari so.

Nobody on teamBHP or the WWW seems to have published anything on how to retail the steering wheel controls or the stalk controls for the audio.

It ends in a normal 3.5mm jack. WHy is it not working with aftermarket head units??

The original Alpine 126BTT worked with it, my explorer edition Blaupunkt head unit worker with it, but not the Pio AVH with even the self learn feature.

The Alpine stock head unit and Blau touchscreen system are also aftermarket fitment in a way. They are not designed by the TATA guys, so my point is. ALL these head units are after-market and should be using the same protocols for the Audio controls, but why doesn't it work??

I had messaged BHPian and ICE Store owner Ramie2400 and he said some kind of coding is required in the BDU , But why? What makes the Alpine different??

It's been close to 7 years with the car and after using the controls for about 4, the following 3 have been a little cumbersome. How can I do this??

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
What about this HU from Pioneer - http://pioneer-india.in/shop/avh-x7750bt/

Looks better than the OE one offered as part of the Explorer edition. Price is ~30k in Snapdeal.
This is the head unit I have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
It is good. 30K is a stiff price though, considering Navigation is not bundled. A regular 2DIN with same specs costs 20-23K; 30-35K with Navigation.
Old 5th October 2020, 11:33   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
Nobody on teamBHP or the WWW seems to have published anything on how to retail the steering wheel controls or the stalk controls for the audio.

It ends in a normal 3.5mm jack. WHy is it not working with aftermarket head units??

The original Alpine 126BTT worked with it, my explorer edition Blaupunkt head unit worker with it, but not the Pio AVH with even the self learn feature.

What makes the Alpine different??
I don't have enough domain knowledge in this but my guess is that Alpine and Balupunkt (and Philips) were once what most EU cars used as OEM. My Skoda for example came stock with an Alpine 9830, my Opel had a Philips and most Mercedes were outfitted with a Blaupunkt. I think my VW Polo (which I had when living in Germany) also had Blaupunkt as OEM.

Hence they developed a system that would allow car manufacturers to easily interface with their head units without any programming.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks