Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2013, 17:43   #1
BHPian

MapMyIndia Connect: Mirror your phone screen to the Head-unit

I just came across a news article: http://www.medianama.com/2013/11/223...connect-price/

If the new product works, I will be easily able to use google maps on my head unit without any hassle. I am keen to know more about this product. Has anyone used this or has any more information on this?

My question is how does this device connect to the head unit and which head units are supported? I have gone through the website and there is no information about this on their product page.
Old 30th November 2013, 10:45   #2
BHPian

re: MapMyIndia Connect: Mirror your phone screen to the Head-unit

Although the details are not clear it seems to me that this device will connect to your phone through Wifi direct (if phone supports) and broadcast that video through AV out (The Red/White/Yellow color cables).

Most in-dash screens have a video IN facility that can be used to hook up this unit. However a few things to ponder about before going for it:

1. Check that it is supported on your phone. The list includes Galaxy S4, S3, Galaxy Note 3, Note 2, HTC One, One+, Sony Xperia Z, ZL, T and V, Blackberry Q10, Z30, LG G2, Nexus 4, Nexus 5 as per the article. May support more, but need to confirm.

2. What is the use of just video? It is pretty useless except for navigation etc. Even then, if you need to do anything, you again need to reach your phone.

3. This does not come cheap - upwards of 10k.

I am mighty impressed with Pioneer AppRadio models. If you are in the market for a head unit, you can get the AppRadio ones, which allow you to connect your phone, but control a few limited apps from the HeadUnit's touchscreen. This to me is a lot of value.

A typical touchscreen head unit model may be about 15 to 20k. This one may cost about 10k more, but seriously delivers much more value than the map my india one.
Of course, the flipside of the Pioneer AppRadio is the limited Apps that are supported, but if the ones you use are among then, then this is great!

More details : http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio
deep_bang is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks