Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2006, 20:04   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfire
Thanks a lot B&T on that....one more question...the sub out has to be fed to the front channel right????...
The sub out from the head unit is to be connected to the left channel input of both the front and the rear channels of the amplifier.
Old 9th October 2006, 11:30   #77
Team-BHP Support

hey even if the amp cant be bridged build a bridge ckt only requires one opamp.
Old 9th October 2006, 14:49   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble
Guys, I was dead sure the amp could be bridged on both pairs of channels...and I am right!

It's strange that Sony markets it as a 4/3 channel amplifier, I remembered having bridged both pairs of outputs earlier in some installs. From the circuit I remember that the front and rear sections are pretty much identical, and hence both bridgeable. This is true, since I checked today, they can be bridged and the amp can operate as a 2-ch amp. The only difference between the front and the rear is the absence of a LPF circuit for the front channels. This is not an issue when the head unit can provide a sub out. The fronts can be bridged, the circuit is totally symmetrical.

Tip: For bridging the front channels on the 504, use the same terminals as that on the rear. That is the correct polarity.
B&T from what i remember..... there was no markings on the amp that it could be bridged! (front channel)..... If you have opened the amp and checked then it must be true!.... Yes.... Front channel only has a HPF.... and rear channel has LPF switch!!...
just wondering... why would sony want to market it as 4/3 channel amplifier!!....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks