Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2014, 00:03   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timj View Post
Update on my situation:
The high pitched whine ended to be a product defect. Mr. Bala from technocrat guided me to the nearest Nippon service and they tried replacing the Infotainment and the whine disappeared.

Then AudioControl - LC6i - Line Output Converter was used and the amp reconnected. All seems well, except that I noticed that there is a slight hiss emerging at all times. This hiss is exactly the hiss that you hear when you turn the volume of a home stereo or amp all the way up when nothing is playing.

This hiss is however not as obtrusive or irritating as the whine. Need to take the vehicle back to technocrat to ask them to check on what can be done.
I have landed myself in similar problem. Put a 4 ch amp and new and then back to oem speakers its giving hissing sound and blue tooth mic creates lots of noise to caller.

In your case did Nippon replaced the unit.
Old 21st June 2015, 22:40   #17
BHPian

Re: XUV500 ICE Disaster: Speaker Humm & Hiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kARTIK IYER View Post
I have landed myself in similar problem. Put a 4 ch amp and new and then back to oem speakers its giving hissing sound and blue tooth mic creates lots of noise to caller.
I have also ended exactly with the same problem of hiss from the speakers, a loud burp on starting the car, interference on receiving a call.There is no alternator whine or interference from ac, horn , blinkers ect. I had purchased a 5 channel amp (Planet Audio AC1800.5 ANARCHY 1800-watts Full Range Class A/B 5 Channel 2 Ohm Stable Amplifier), 6.5 inch speakers (front 2way, 60m watt, 2ohm, Infinity) and Rear (JBL 60 watt, 2ohm) with 8 gauge rca cables (from Boss). The disturbance increases on switching the sensitivity of the amp to more than 2v. I have been advised to put two RCA filters and a change RCA cables. If this doesn't work then a signal processor. Awaiting any guidance on this issue please.

XUV500 ICE Disaster: Speaker Humm & Hiss-picture1.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd June 2015 at 11:55. Reason: Inserting image in post
Old 22nd June 2015, 14:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: XUV500 ICE Disaster: Speaker Humm & Hiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by manipal View Post
... hiss from the speakers, a loud burp on starting the car, interference on receiving a call.There is no alternator whine or interference from ac, horn , blinkers ect. ...
Have the amp grounding redone properly. Ask them to scrape the grounding point down to bare shiny metal, and use copper washers when connecting ground.

Quote:
... I have been advised to put two RCA filters and a change RCA cables. ...
The noise in call is unrelated. Probably there is no noise cancellation in the mic circuit. Check if your HU supports noise cancellation, and switch it on if it does.

RCA filters? What item is that? Unlikely to help in your case if it is a balun-choke type of filter.

If the RCA cables were to be bad, you would have had the other kinds of interference that you mention are not there in your system.

Quote:
... If this doesn't work then a signal processor. ...
Overkill, and won't solve your problem. Signal processor is for a different functionality.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed